Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

imweasel

So guyz, how bad is it?

:takemyjewgold: or :keepmyjewgold:

PrettyDeadman

The game is REALLY good!

And it runs surprisinhly well on my shitty pc:
fx8320
gtx970
16gb ram

60 FPS on all High.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, yay, another medieval open-world "RPG" in which everyone probably acts like an unpleasant person in an attempt to be "realistic". We don't have enough of those. Pass.

I have met several pleasant people in the game. One even took me under his wings. I'm actually surprised at the lack of unpleasant people/nobility.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Whoever designed the world/navigation map needs an award. The visuals really stand out in a game that tried to impress largely on fidelity over design.

Makes me laugh watching the whole thing animate too - reminds me of Monty Python.

:incline:

DEF2reUh

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
People now discovered Joan of Arc and want to play as her. In fucking Bohemia :lol::lol:

Muh historical accuracy let us play Jeanne d'Arc, who never actually fought and preferred banner to sword.
Jeanne d'arc fought,she was trained in swordmandship by her two brothers , and she had a reputation of being both brutal and very rude towards her own men.

Where the hell are you getting these from? The accusations of the pretend court that burned her?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Have to add, the no saving thing add a lot to the tension to the combat and general exploring. Ran into a group of bandits, and instead of trying to kill them and reverting I had to flee like the coward I am through the forest.

Mortmal

Arcane
People now discovered Joan of Arc and want to play as her. In fucking Bohemia :lol::lol:

Muh historical accuracy let us play Jeanne d'Arc, who never actually fought and preferred banner to sword.
Jeanne d'arc fought,she was trained in swordmandship by her two brothers , and she had a reputation of being both brutal and very rude towards her own men.

Where the hell are you getting these from? The accusations of the pretend court that burned her?
From a french historian i had as teacher in university , who's specialized into that. So there's the legend of jeanne d'arc , the fair maiden , and the true story wich is a lot more believable , borderline a big scam.Also its sure a young woman was burned , but it was not jeanne d'arc,court was bribed most likely and a poor girl with mental issues lookalike perished. There's even evidence jeanne d'arc survived, she escaped to Wallonie, led a mercenary band and finally wed a local lord and had kids.

Adding Joan of Arc as a playable female character would be the best trolling from devs ever. Don't get to attack anyone and your best friend is Bluebeard.:lol:
The ultimate troll would be for them to not only include Joan of Arc as a playable character, but having her as the only black character in the game. Clearly in tune with today's enlightened political climate and Broadway productions. Would ensure grade A reviews from prestigious journalists at such relevant outlets as Rock, Paper Shotgun and Polygon.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
From a french historian i had as teacher in university , who's specialized into that. So there's the legend of jeanne d'arc , the fair maiden , and the true story wich is a lot more believable , borderline a big scam.Also its sure a young woman was burned , but it was not jeanne d'arc,court was bribed most likely and a poor girl with mental issues lookalike perished. There's even evidence jeanne d'arc survived, she escaped to Wallonie, led a mercenary band and finally wed a local lord and had kids.

These all sound like farfetched conspiracy theories. Especially since the court that judged her was a corrupt one to begin with which sided with her enemies and was on a vendetta to sentence her. Why would they be bribed further to release her and burn someone else? Also random girl leading a mercenary band sounds extremely fantastic.

In either case, there are records of the people who fought with her or interacted with her and all of these memoirs which spoke of her behaviour all confirm that was she was a reserved, well-behaved, prudent and pious person.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Have to add, the no saving thing add a lot to the tension to the combat and general exploring. Ran into a group of bandits, and instead of trying to kill them and reverting I had to flee like the coward I am through the forest.
Agreed. I felt like a junkie hitting F5 & F9 constantly to no avail.

Not many developers do high risk systems, good to have another RPG/Hybrid attempting it - the Dark-Souls Formula is getting old.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Agreed. I felt like a junkie hitting F5 & F9 constantly to no avail. Good to have another RPG/Hybrid attempting a new way of pushing tension. Getting tired of the Dark-Souls Formula.

Apparently you can yield too. Not sure it works when facing bandits, but I got a yield option when I was brawling. So there might be a way out even if the combat is going badly. Really nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom