Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Most problems are a result of different combinations of graphic card and cpu I suppose.
i7-6600k, 1060gtx6GB, 16GB ram, win7 here and 60-70fps outdoors around 50 indoors. Tweaked the settings a bit, most settings at ultra, also distances max, but ressource hogs (shadows, post processing, lighting) at high and might even drop to medium if fps tanks in cities.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What you think today of 'open world RPG' and what most people think of is what Bethesda has started with Arena.

No dumbfuck. Actually it started with Wizardry 7.

Let the butthurt in! Bethesda has actualy set standard for the industry that everyone now is copying whether you like it or not

No shit shitposter. Everyone here knows that. The problem is that Betheseda standard is utterly shit, but almost everyone eats it and showers then with praise.
And the problem with this, is that the other developers (that just want to eat some meat from time to time) try to replicate this so they can get some sucess.
And we will continue to get shit games.
Fortunatly we are improving, last year was BotW and DoS 2 this year we have Monster Hunter and now this one.

the scene with the 3 dudes raping a girl and if you hit one of the 3 dudes 12 fully armored dudes spawn as well as the 3 that are already there in a literally impossible fight

Wait. They just spawn there? Out of fucking where, the girl's pussy?

Anyway.

There's already a CODEX version. Will post impressions tonight or maybe tomorrow.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Updated my previous post, hit 95K viewers on Twitch, pretty damn impressive, this game will sell well even with those reviews.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

One of the few good reviewers on youtube... Verdict? Wait for Sale, almost wait for deep deep sale.

What exactly makes him good? Checked his channel and it's full off kasual krap.

He even gave Fallout 4 INSTABUY! because "it has glitches and UI from hell but the gameplay is grate! BUY NOW!!1!"

In his KCD review he says "underlying systems are great but it has glitches. Wait for deep deep sale".

Yeah, a prestigious reviewer worthy of Codex praise :lol:

Zer0wing

Cipher
3 minutes loading time when changing graphic setting
It's faster ingame, takes a few seconds.

So, i5-7400/16gb/GTX950 gives 35-40 in starting village on all high. Either this game is not as much as GPU hog or because I run it at 1050P.

norolim

Arcane
If you're a game developer, two things you should do only if you have the most massive balls:

1) Time limits
2) Save limits

Talking about time limitations, I'm currently replaying Fallout for the first time this decade. Damn, I forgot what a wonderful mess it was. Crashes, fucked up dialogue trees, quests that can't be finished... or activated, projectiles that hover in the air before moving towards the target... My current playthrough isn't bad, I only hit a few dialogues in which the interlocutor assumed I knew something I didn't, but I remember the first time I played it wasn't such a smooth experience. And yet it ended up to be one of my favourite games of all time. Something to consider for all the KCD detractors, complaining about FPS below 60, occasional graphical glitches and not being able to have a sexual intercourse with apples. Get your priorities straight, filthy popamolers.

Elex

Arbiter

Elex

Arbiter
Why the fuck do people expect to run an open world cryengine game at 4k with reasonable framerate, are you delirious or something ?
someone must write some game news site article called "KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE THE NEW CRYSIS"

Elex

Arbiter
OH LUL just beyond there Twitter will explode
the scene with the 3 dudes raping a girl and if you hit one of the 3 dudes 12 fully armored dudes spawn as well as the 3 that are already there in a literally impossible fight
so you get raped instead of the girl?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Italians are dirty, filthy creatures. Comparing you to Latinos is a compliment.
A complement to Latinos? Lol. "Latinos" are a foriegn concept I know nothing about - no one in Europe uses this term. Because "Latinos" are an American thing(problem).

Don't even speak a word of Italian, but I do eat Spaghetti with Kangaroo.

(You can't insult Australians, we live in paradise.)

Mark Richard

Arcane
As for save limits. Dark Souls and related. Subnautica. Jedi Knight Academy. Final Fantasy.

There are a lot of games that prevents save scumming.
Resident Evil and Operation Flashpoint come to mind. It wouldn't be unfair to say Kingdom Come's limited saving is detrimental right now due to the release day bugs, but as time goes on it could end up enhancing the game.

Rather than letting players run roughshod over the world, I'd prefer developers lay down the law more often and not be afraid of imposing limits if it compliments the game's design. Having one universal difficulty on Dark Souls or preventing Geralt from smacking around peasants on The Witcher 3 are just a couple of examples.

Divinity: Original Sin
Hey, Mr Dumbass, if you are not aware, Bethesda are the first ones to make an open world RPG,
No further comment.

If you think the first five Ultimas were open world you are wrong, they lacked a single unified scale, the towns and places were represented only as icons.
And game like the first Zelda from 1986 is not an rpg.

What you think today of 'open world RPG' and what most people think of is what Bethesda has started with Arena.
So for you loading into maps and areas makes the game not open world?
Well retard let me remind you that Skyrim for example loads into cities and dungeons. NOT OPEN WORLD! NOT OPEN WORLD!
go back to Zoo monkey.

Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind did not have loading into towns, so yes Oblivion and Skyrim are not real open world games like they did before.

Arena had. In fact, Arena is just towns, dungeons and the outside areas, all separate areas. Daggerfall and Morrowind had separate maps for dungeons/buildings and the outside areas. And Oblivion had different maps for cities, wilderness, and interiors.

Ultima 6 and 7 came before Arena and they're totally open world. Also, the term "open world" came because of games like GTA 3, it was not associated with rpgs, and the became a "genre" just like the acronym "FPS", which appeared years after doom and wolf 3d.

Even when Morrowind came out, the word "open world" was not really what was used to define it's gameplay style. And it was even used together with "sandbox" as synonym. After the term got stuck as a defining genre, people started to to call old games retroactively "open world" or "FPS". If you can call daggerfall open world retroactivelly, you can call ultima 4 open world. Just like people call doom or duke 3d FPSs.

Also, Arena was inspired by ultima underworld, and since morrowind, TES tries to emulate ultima 7. So TES games are actually imitations.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played an hour or two. I'm impressed so far, especially with the story and atmosphere. I like it, and just recently I had to kill my first man. It was kinda easy- I was expecting it to be more difficult... but maybe it was a tutorial guy of some sorts. Can't wait for more brutal fights, since I really enjoy the combat.

Some negatives though:

Fps is all over the place. When I'm running around in daylight, I get between 45-60 fps. But when it's a ingame cutscene time it drops to 22-25. Same scene, the only difference is Henry has to be rendered. I had a run in with a couple of guards when it was night and raining, and the fps tanked totally, and it wasn't in a cutscene. So I'm guessing the lighting engine takes a shit load of resources, since everyone of these soldiers had a torch equipped.

It's playable of course but the Fps roller-coaster is really noticeable. I messed with the settings a bit in one demanding scene but it didn't change anything. Maybe it's my cpu that is too slow or something?

Another thing. Lock-picking seems impossible with mouse and keyboard, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. It feels like you are supposed to be able to gently push the lock in one direction but the keyboard only has two settings; Zero or maximum trust. So when trying to push the lock it goes really fast without any possibility to correct the mouse. I hope I'm wrong on this and just doing it wrong, but I have tried a couple of times now and I can't seem to push the lock gently...

Oh well, back to the game.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
System Shock I and Magic Candle had time limits, and even System Shock limit was fine. Atelier Rorona has HARSH time limits. Harvest moon kinda has time limits. Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny. Lightning Returns. Recettear. Shenmue 1. P3 FES.

As for save limits. Dark Souls and related. Subnautica. Jedi Knight Academy. Final Fantasy.

There are a lot of games that prevents save scumming.
prevent savescumming is different from limited saves.

KCD have save on exit, so why not put in autosaves and remove manual saves.

The game is too broken for any forced limit on saves.

Mustawd

Rather than letting players run roughshod over the world, I'd prefer developers lay down the law more often and not be afraid of imposing limits if it compliments the game's design. Having one universal difficulty on Dark Souls or preventing Geralt from smacking around peasants on The Witcher 3 are just a couple of examples.

That or just allow more saving on lower difficulty settings. I'd argue that's a very easy solution to implement.

Elex

Arbiter
Does food begin to turn sour/bad from the moment you pick it up in your inventory, or it can start to turn if you leave it untouched at the table long enough as well???
i know that you can poison other people food, so sound like the food is dinamic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My two most favourite things in the world,save limitation and time limitations....yeah this will be a ride taken later.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wh_ui_showcompass 0 when typed in the console command removes the compass, but keeps all the other UI elements.

BUT.

When you check the map it comes back
:negative:

That UI compass is such a mistake. Instead of exploring you can't help to follow that fucking thing up there...

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom