Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Backed it.
Played it.
Burned to death in prison.
GOTY.

(I'm getting 45 fps on ultra, which drop to 25 when I go inside the trader's house for some reason. :)) Definitely playable, and my rig is not that great - i5/GF 970/8 g RAM)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Interesting, what's the connection between the +console release and lacking such control points?
Simultaneously releasing on both PC and consoles is quite harsh when a company isn't used to it, and it can introduce a lot of bugs, or lower quality of original work. Considering the considerable workload a company needs to do to be able to catch deadlines, it doesn't have time for irrelevant stuff like correct character animation... optimizing indoor lighting... checking for cases where horse head embeds in a fence...

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Look at the little cucks getting defensive and defending their janky gaem. I knew this place was full of cucks. I'll say it again. Another shit Kickstarter game, another cuckdex cuckening. Cuckdex doesn't get tired of this shit. Cuckdex is the decline.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OH LUL just beyond there Twitter will explode
the scene with the 3 dudes raping a girl and if you hit one of the 3 dudes 12 fully armored dudes spawn as well as the 3 that are already there in a literally impossible fight
What if you try hitting the girl?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What if you try hitting the girl?

If you can actually murder Tabitha and the game reacts to it 40 hours later that would be beyond hilarious, but I doubt you can pull it off and survive the dead to escape on your wee pony

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
...As an Italian, the lack of Guinea-wops depicted in Ancient China also triggers me. #Boycott_Dynasty_Warriors_9

:lol:

I wonder why no one complained that there were no people of colours in Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. They were different times in America.

O maybe muricans think we are latinos or some shit like that.

Geckabor

Savant
B-but... I have a feeling that getting that guy's armor is going to give you an interesting option against the 3 bothering poor Theresa..

While I still wonder if there is this kind of option, I just realised
she gets away if I distract them anyway lol

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
B-but... I have a feeling that getting that guy's armor is going to give you an interesting option against the 3 bothering poor Theresa..

While I still wonder if there is this kind of option, I just realised
she gets away if I distract them anyway lol

I didn't get a journal update for it so we'll see if that actually works. That's what I tried, I pulled aggro then got on the pony

Regardless, did someone call for choices and consequences???

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If you're a game developer, two things you should do only if you have the most massive balls:

1) Time limits
2) Save limits
System Shock I and Magic Candle had time limits, and even System Shock limit was fine. Atelier Rorona has HARSH time limits. Harvest moon kinda has time limits. Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny. Lightning Returns. Recettear. Shenmue 1. P3 FES.

As for save limits. Dark Souls and related. Subnautica. Jedi Knight Academy. Final Fantasy.

There are a lot of games that prevents save scumming.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Raghar said:
There are a lot of games that prevents save scumming.

In truth most are just not able to save and restore the exact game state. They are just extremely lazy developers and save scumming is their excuse.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does food begin to turn sour/bad from the moment you pick it up in your inventory, or it can start to turn if you leave it untouched at the table long enough as well???

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
So, nobody's playing it yet? any first impressions?

I'll give you one, lowering the resolution from 1440 to 1080 made the menus glitch out and I had to restart. Great first impression.

EDIT: muh wrong thread

Last edited:

ZoddGuts

Augur
KLV4Q81.jpg

Not bad considering the current hours in the west. Lirik with the biggest Twitch fanbase I think? apparently will play the game later today.

Last edited:

Mustawd

...As an Italian, the lack of Guinea-wops depicted in Ancient China also triggers me. #Boycott_Dynasty_Warriors_9

:lol:

I wonder why no one complained that there were no people of colours in Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. They were different times in America.

O maybe muricans think we are latinos or some shit like that.

Italians are dirty, filthy creatures. Comparing you to Latinos is a compliment.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Great first impressions as well, and runs well on my laptop with 960M.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
AngryCentaurGaming - Jeremy Penter - Wait For Sale

"A serviceable game with unique ideas but far too many technological issues,

Attack of the Fanboy - William Schwartz - 2.5 / 5 stars

Technical issues aside Kingdom Come: Deliverance is at best an ambitious game. There are flashes of brilliance in the implementation of Warhorse Studios' unique systems of the game, as it truly does have interestingly deep survival and progression elements. Though when you do take into account the technical issues it becomes a frustrating experience in which the bad completely outweighs the good.
Cubed3 - Ofisil - 7 / 10

As realistic, historically accurate, unrelenting, casual-unfriendly, open-word RPG games go, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is probably the best on offer right now. It's only worthy of the bronze medal, though, as it's very far from perfect, and the amount of flaws at hand mean that this is quite the dirty kind of bronze medal.
Game Revolution - Jason Faulkner - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote not yet available
GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 90%

Quote not yet available
GameWatcher - Marcello Perricone - 8 / 10.0

A very good and immersive title that suffers from technical issues and some surprisingly misguided design decisions.

GBAtemp - Thomas Hugh - 5.5 / 10.0

From what I did play of Kingdom Come: Deliverance has left me with mixed feelings. I enjoyed the story and wanted to see if Henry became a great Knight and avenged his family, but at the same time, I found myself battling against the game's systems every time it gave me control. Warhorse Studios have created an ambitious world with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, unfortunately, it didn't deliver for me.
Hardcore Gamer - Jordan Helm - 3.5 / 5.0

Had the initial forty-to-fifty hour campaign not have delivered the level of bugs and problems present in the current build, you'd easily be looking at potentially one of the year's best all-round experiences in an RPG and an essential for everyone no matter your affiliation with the genre.
Press Start - James Mitchell - 6 / 10

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has clearly had a lot of love and effort put into it, but it's unapologetically appealing to a very specific niche. The authenticity and realism is like no other, and that niche is bound to be pulled into its world for hours on end. Unfortunately, this dedication to realism is ironically what really stopped me from immersing myself into the well realised world of Bohemia, which is a huge shame.
PS Site - Kacper Mądry - Polish - 5 / 10.0

Kingdom Come: Deliverance could be a great game. Sadly, bugs and bad optimization made it impossible to reach that level of quality.
TheSixthAxis - Dave Irwin - 4 / 10

If Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a ton of bug fixing to improve the performance drastically, it could be a hidden gem. It's clear that the game, despite its grand ambitions, was simply not ready for public consumption. Shimmers of brilliance are there and had it seen more time in the oven, or set its ambitions at a more reasonable level, it could have been brilliant and scored significantly higher as a result. Alas, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is another cautionary tale rather than a trend setter.

What the FUCK??!?!?
To all this and especially the RPS review, I've already read these reviews, and also read them to you back in August:

It's way too early to pass judgement, but based on what I've seen so far, I can imagine mainstream outlets praising the game for its "historical setting", "authenticity", "story", and good graphics, but then ripping it apart because "the combat feels clunky and unresponsive", "it would have been better in third person", "the lack of fantasy elements tends to make it feel boring, like, when I know it's impossible for a dragon to jump me behind the next hill it's not as exciting as Skyrim".

And then the narrative department complaints: "the story is predictable", "an underdog rises to fame", "voice acting falls a bit flat", "acting is not on par with that multi-million dollar budgeted game I played last year".

And in conclusion, the all time favorite: "Kingdom come: Deliverance does offer plenty of fun and opportunities to mess around in a beautiful open world, but ultimately fails to "deliver" (winky-winky, I made a pun, and it was intended, I'm such a master of letters!) decisively good content on any front", "doesn't break new ground", "It doesn't satisfy my heightened hipster sensitivities for games as an art form", "the lead designer is kind of a meanie to people of color", "warhorse didn't pay us to close our eyes for the game's problems, even though these problems are prevalent in most videogames - now is my chance to be a critical journailst with high expectations who is not easily fooled".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom