Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I don't know if I have to watch this on youtube or wait a couple of years when I can buy it.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Based on my watching a stream for a few hours today, I would say that I find the presentation and writing are better than expected.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Based on my watching a stream for a few hours today, I would say that I find the presentation and writing are better than expected.

Yeah, presentation weirdly oscillates between Piranha Bytes jank and some of the best acting and directing I've ever seen.

The English writing is absolutely phenomenal. I'm literally in awe. This game was TRANSLATED! And even though the original Czech writing is also very good the translator(s) turned something good into perfection.

KCD might even dethrone Witcher 3 as the best written game ever.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Guy on the stream just said he is playing on "Ultra high" with a GTX 1070 and an i7 CPU

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Good. We need competition in the AAA RPG market, because the standards today, with Bioware and Bethesda, are very fucking low. If I hear again someone praising Inquisition, I swear to god...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Good. We need competition in the AAA RPG market, because the standards today, with Bioware and Bethesda, are very fucking low. If I hear again someone praising Inquisition, I swear to god...

Witcher 3 apart from writing got NOTHING, it's not even open world but a few big levels, the forests compared to KCD look like trees for children.... and now KCD will beat Witcher 3 on every front.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Witcher 3 apart from writing got NOTHING, it's not even open world but a few big levels, the forests compared to KCD look like trees for children.... and now KCD will beat Witcher 3 on every front.
KCD looks like shit. I've not played TW3, but I'd put my money on it being better than this janky mess.

Deleted member 7219

Witcher 3 had great reactivity and presentation as well as the writing.

Witcher 3's biggest faults were its systems (combat and character levelling).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Witcher 3 forests compared to KCD look like trees for children

Meh...it's definitely fantasy technicolor graphics (tho not too much) but it's good for what it is. I definitely prefer the more realistic style of KCD but Witcher 3 has its moments. I don't like Velen but there are some gorgeous places on Skellige.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Somebody keeps reposting the same video for the last 10 pages.

Whose alts are all those? The first truly dedicated hater ITT was Burning Bridges but alts don't seem like his style. Must be some other dildo.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
That this game is generating so much hype with the mainstream crowd is a bad sign.

Europe Mainstream* = Best Mainstream*
*(Islam not included)
anti%20merkel.JPG

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
very realistic HEMA approved combat
https://my.mixtape.moe/chmcxa.webm

This looks truly terrible. I hope it won't be another eurojank, but all signs on earth point to this. It's not even a simple bug, it looks like a badly designed mechanics. Still i hope this somehow can be ironed out with patches. If not then the KCD buyers are truly doomed.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
very realistic HEMA approved combat
https://my.mixtape.moe/chmcxa.webm

I'm not arguing that what is shown is right, but if the person has some sort of protection, raising the arms to deflect blows while attempting to disarm would be the best bet (other than running). Unless the NPC is some unarmed fighter it's silly to think they would do anything but run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom