Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well, Moorcock and GRRM, if they can be classified as bona fide SJWs, manage it in their works.
I am not that familiar with Moorcock when push comes to shove; I haven't read any of his books myself, nor have I ever read anything where he engages in political discourse of any kind, so I really can't comment on that (but I'm familiar with some of the arguments surrounding him and the politics he apparently espouses), but GRRM, from what I've come to know of him, is not a SJW; if anything, he's a vanilla-grade go-with-the-prevailing-flow kind of guy that, I'm sure, have very strong opinions about certain things, but he appears to have no strong desire to shove this down the throats of others.

This might've changed a bit in recent years, and I'm aware that there has been some attempts at politicizing him and essentially force him to take sides, so who knows, maybe the next book(s) will be shit, but I don't think he's the kind of person to actually become a SJW drone.
There's a big difference between SJW and someone who will support the (reasonable) rights of minority groups because they aren't a petty and small person.
There's a critical difference, yeah, but it's not actually that big. Once you accept specific "rights" of "minority groups", it's only a matter of basic cognitive dissonance and what you consider to be "reasonable".

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That Mandy Flores chick (if it's her holding the leash) looks like one of my ex-girlfriends. She's married and a land-whale now, though.

Morkar Left

:bunkertime:
BG Edwin is the ultimate Codexer archetype.
You're kidding, right? This is the very ultimate archetype of the Cuckdex. Embrace it you cucks. That's how the world sees you.

antifacuck.jpg

Please explain the picture above...

Lacrymas

Arcane
That one guy (who looks suspiciously like Hitler) who punched what's-his-face, the guy with suspiciously Nazi-like views who's popular, is into scat and BDSM with chicks who look suspiciously like my ex apparently.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That one guy (who looks suspiciously like Hitler) who punched what's-his-face, the guy with suspiciously Nazi-like views who's popular, is into scat and BDSM with chicks who look suspiciously like my ex apparently.
If I could make the observation, you have a good taste.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm kinda curious to find out who did this "detective work" and how but on the other hand I don't want to end up in 4chan, so whatever. What a punch though

Lacrymas

Arcane

Yeah, well, she doesn't look like that anymore. Like I said, she's a land-whale now, I have no idea why she got so fat (or why she got married, but that's neither here nor there) and she keeps gaining.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah, well, she doesn't look like that anymore. Like I said, she's a land-whale now, I have no idea why she got so fat (or why she got married, but that's neither here nor there) and she keeps gaining.
You are lucky you didn't marry her then. With me it usually used to be other way around - when I would leave them, they would suddenly develop into high class chicks.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm not interested in marriage in general, so that wouldn't have happened either way, but yeah, it's decline all around. Me and my sister have a very funny memory of her - some time after we broke up and she started gaining weight, we met up with her somewhere and when she got into a public transport it tilted to one side (her side).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm kinda curious to find out who did this "detective work" and how [...]
Decentralized, weaponized autism.

Basically tons of people going through tons of pictures from the event, cross-referencing them and matching things. In this case, I believe he was identified as having been in a crowd of some people with some specific signs, and people started checking out those people and the signs, which was tied to some project or another, and then they checked out the people tied to that project, and down the rabbit-hole it went until he started showing up again.

They did the same to that ethics teacher that attacked an onlooker with a bike lock during the Berkeley kerfuffle. And let's not forget that time /pol/ tracked down a terrorist training camp in Syria and had it bombed.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
This is scary guys, not good. Who knows what the fuck they bombed , it's USA after all. FFS bombing some place in some country because some dudes check google maps... scary shit

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also high probability of "fake news" though because such autism is fun but not really to be trusted
No, for real, it's not fake in any way. If anything, it's more reliable than most police work, because all the sources and all the work is public, after all. Of course, before you get to that point, you've worked your way through about 50 false positives that have been examined and discarded, and any one of them might blow up. From a systemic/government type of view, it's absolutely indefensible, because privacy simply is not a thing, and any "near-positive" might end up with a bullet to the head if the stars align poorly.

But is that the guy? Yeah, that's the guy.

And let's not forget that time /pol/ tracked down a terrorist training camp in Syria and had it bombed.
:what:
Weaponized autism in action.
This is scary guys, not good. Who knows what the fuck they bombed , it's USA after all. FFS bombing some place in some country because some dudes check google maps... scary shit
No, it's not just Americans, and again, all the info is right there to be examined, and again, I'd argue that that is safer than a handful of faggots behind closed doors that are like "Yeah, this looks about right, nuke it."

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
All these are scary shit imo
Crowdsourcing is the future, for sure:
gFj3toL.png

N7DwWP1.jpg

My only wish is that someone would call in an airstrike on the Beamdog HQ. Their "games" are degenerative nerve agents intended to electronically brain-staple "players", easing radicalization and terrorist recruitment.

Mustawd

Told my mom about this thread, and she doesn't think Beamdog can pull it off.

"Their last game was kind of retarded wasn't it?"

-Momma Mustawd

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Impressive and scary but still based a bit on coincidence aka we don't know for sure that the strike was indeed influenced from all that or that they also did the same research and came to the same results

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Impressive and scary but still based a bit on coincidence aka we don't know for sure that the strike was indeed influenced from all that or that they also did the same research and came to the same results
Well, it's happened multiple times now, so I think it's fair to say that they influenced things. However, I'm sure that authorities were also investigating this, but there's simply no substitute for "boots on the ground" and "eyes on the target", so to say - authorities are victims of their own inefficiencies, staffing, and priorities. There could've been one guy working on this for hours per day, but decentralized autism can spend a collective of hundreds of hours in a single work-day of vigorous shitposting.

The most likely scenario is that they did the research, tipped off Uncle Ivan, the info got dumped on the table of some military intelligence officer to verify, and then they did their own recon before proceeding. Then boom, headshot.

The same goes for the shit-eater that attacked Spencer and the ethical bikelocker at Berkeley; yes, the police obviously had their own investigations, but they would likely not in a million years been able to spend the time and resources necessary to do this form of investigation that lead to identification. At both events, people scanned over literally hundreds of videos to paint a collective map of the events and then followed a huge web of different leads all at once, with some people just looking at pictures and others doing facial recognition by hand in Photoshop for each promising lead. What would the police have done, assign an officer to the case, maybe two, with a mountain of other cases to solve with much, much more promising leads?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I don't think the police care to find someone over a punch, especially in the US where punching is probably not even considered a crime since people shoot each other for fun.
So basically the research part of the Spencer punching guy is simply a result of butthurt and therefore I think that the fact that they connected the dude with some guy that has everything they could make fun of, a bit suspicious.

With the rest you wrote I agree more or less I guess. Still scary to think how non-private our lives are becoming

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Told my mom about this thread, and she doesn't think Beamdog can pull it off.

"Their last game was kind of retarded wasn't it?"

-Momma Mustawd

When I told MY mom, she said we shouldn't let degenerates have free reign over RPGs.

Is there a codex moms thread? Because I want to hear more about your mothers--much more!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom