Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No idea, I haven't played Skyrim for more than 15 minutes.

Sizzle

Arcane
Yes, but staves in Skyrim are more like really long wands - you cast spells with them, not use them for bashing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The blunderbuss is one-handed now too, which is weird.

Sawed off blunderbuss. :cool:

image.gif

Arulan

Cipher
That is interesting.

I checked in on the beta, and I suppose dual-wielding blunderbusses isn't that bad. You alternate between shots and reloads, so it's sort of like having a blunderbuss in each weapon set in the first game, but without the swap delay.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been watching Antony Davis' stream. I'm past the moment where he makes a character and is now levelling him up. The UI layout and icon designs make me look desperately around myself for a rusty razor. Are they really, actually, shipping the game with this interface, truly?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
To give credit where it's due, the interfaces for scripted interactions and ship fights are quite beautiful, no doubt about it. I also really liked the watercolor painted map.

It's the level up interface, character creation, and inventory that look unfinished.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I like the new combat log coloring. Also, with fewer things happening per second it's much more readable.

Is it just me or does Aloth look even more like a girl with his new outlook?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly unless it's actually LOTR or Forgotten realms people need to stop forcing Dwarves/Gnomes/random cliche shorties into every setting. The tinge of cliche is just annoying.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nothing wrong with one-handed pistols and blunderbusses. We're taking early XVI century tech, I doubt these weapons had as much of a kick. Swedish cuirassiers were using these babies while on horseback.
7WkuQ2a.jpg

Likewise, winged hussars and other representatives of late European heavy cavalry, would also carry pistols along with lances and sabres.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Do people think pistols weren't used in warfare and skirmishes alike? The cavalry were the ones most often equipped with pistols, blunderbuss and carbines (short muskets) due to ease of use from horseback but basically also officers, sailors, standard-bearers and plenty others used pistols in combat, once fired the pistol could be used as a small, light mace to parry and inflict percussion with as well.

rocroi-a.jpg

Last edited:

Nael

Arcane
Pistols aren't two-handed anymore, that's why he can dual-wield a pistol and sword. Staves are still two-handed. Interestingly enough, I know of only one game which treats staves as one-handed and you can go full Gandalf - Spellforce.

-Mount & Blade

Elex

Arbiter
Pistols aren't two-handed anymore, that's why he can dual-wield a pistol and sword. Staves are still two-handed. Interestingly enough, I know of only one game which treats staves as one-handed and you can go full Gandalf - Spellforce.
:negative:

God dammit. Anthony Davis please ask Josh to include a Wizard talent that allows them to use staves on 1 hand or something.
why not a pistol wizard?

Sentinel

Arcane
:negative:

God dammit. Anthony Davis please ask Josh to include a Wizard talent that allows them to use staves on 1 hand or something.
why not a pistol wizard?
'Cause pistols are for gays mate. A Wizard worth his name wields a staff.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I've found that the discussions on weapons and attire mark the lowest points of the Deadfire pre-release thread :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom