Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
well but it was really received negatively by public and it could be the reason for the metacritic fiasco

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
well but it was really received negatively by public and it could be the reason for the metacritic fiasco
New Vegas is sitting at 8,6 user score on Meta. A p. good fiasco.

Also Codex anatomizing face animations and lipsync for the last few pages, giving the IGN forum a run for their money. Maybe Burning Bridges was right about the newfag decline.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just how many butthurt console players entered this thread? I watched some of the stream, it does look poor, but do we have any details on the system it's running on?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New Vegas is sitting at 8,6 user score on Meta. A p. good fiasco.

Also Codex anatomizing face animations and lipsync for the last few pages, giving the IGN forum a run for their money. Maybe Burning Bridges was right about the newfag decline.
this. From whatever footage i see (lady lilia's beta and ESO final -d1patch ) the things that matter is still in there. Non linear quest design, in depth armor system coupled with disguise.

Deep conversation system and persuasion involving skill, reputation even your armor.

Hell, if you get dirty from fighting in the tutorial your mom / dad will comment on it and ask why you are covered in dirt and blood.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just how many butthurt console players entered this thread? I watched some of the stream, it does look poor, but do we have any details on the system it's running on?

Most comments about the base PS4 version say game looks pretty, not mindblowing. All videos and screenshots from the enhanced consoles I've seen so far look great. I've been checking the Resetera thread for the dude playing the game on 1X and the gifs he's posting are p. spiffy.

Seriously, this debate is retarded, especially on Codex. If there are any real problems with this game it won't be the visuals. I expect to be annoyed by the occasional AI glitchiness or borked quests, which is pretty much the standard for every open-world game for the past 10 years. I'm also still wary of the combat although the initial impressions - from people who are not retarded kasuals - say it feels great. I don't expect I'm gonna love it, I mostly hate all action combat ever made, but let's wait and see.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah shouldn't people be more concerned about whether the game's plot, quests and overall content will be compelling? I mean these guys have never made an RPG before, who knows what they might fuck up.

I get that janky LPs are all we have now but it's like "OMG GUYZ dis game looks like a disaster" *goes back to 300 hour New Vegas playthrough in Gamebryo engine*

Oh well, one more day...

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

When Vavra keept saying you are going to immerse yourself in this game, into what game? Special Olympics? Jesus christ that looks bad

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Like it wasn't the same shit with Witcher 3 and the downgrade :D I had some laughs there as well.

Anyone who expected console version to look like the trailers is just fooling himself....... if the PC ULTRA does not look like the trailers, then we can start firing up the torches.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah shouldn't people be more concerned about whether the game's plot, quests and overall content will be compelling? I mean these guys have never made an RPG before, who knows what they might fuck up.

I get that janky LPs are all we have now but it's like "OMG GUYZ dis game looks like a disaster" *goes back to 300 hour New Vegas playthrough in Gamebryo engine*

Oh well, one more day...

Yeah, if this thing sucks it won't be because of the frame rate.

Fortunately, I have this week off from work, but WTF am I going to do with myself for the next 24 hours? Curse you, Vavra!

Beowulf

Arcane
How many months of patching did New Vegas need, ho Codex? Or have you forgotten about that?

And lets not forget, that when someone says something along the lines of "Witcher 3 tier" or "high bar set by W3", that the sprawling world of Witcher had people spawning right next to you in your field of vision, and one of the most hilarious bugs I encountered was when instead of talking to an important NPC (The Baron), Geralt engaged in a lenghty conversation with a door (with camera alternating between showing Geralt's face and the doors - the npc spawned behind them and their famous cutscene algorithm worked its wonders).

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
anyone else got it from GMG? if so do you have any idea when will they send the keys? thought I'd have it days ago

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Glitcher 3 was pretty borked on release. Geralt running animation was hilariously wooden and he was sliding across the ground instead of walking. Plus the entire quest reward structure was completely broken, with people unable to get XP and level up IIRC.

Plus about million other things. IGN GOTY 10/10, the Citizen Kane of vidya.

Elex

Arbiter
All i'm saying is they could have waited a bit to get it right. Not that i give a shit about what kind of garbage console fags have to deal with due to their underpowered faggy hardware, but if the game is full of bugs it's gonna hurt them. They are not Bethesda, who can get away with releasing the most broken garbage possible and still get tons of praise. Release the game on PC first, then port it on console in a more mature state.
they gonna praise bethesda even more after kingdom come: “while bethesda improved skyrim over the years warhorse can’t proper release their elder scroll clone (and they cut out basic feature like magic) also bethesda released skyrim for switch, the switch is soo cool, so bethesda is better”

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yeah, i'm planning of watching the release like a hawk and preorder one the instant they become available.

I will be honest with you. I looked at the prices yesterday and I would wait. There could be almost no worse point in time to buy a graphics card.

I mean what is the price for the 2080? it will probably be over 1000 Euro, while a 1070 or 1080 is more than you need for games and you could have bought it for 400-500 Euro.

instead look if you need a new SSD, yesterday I got a 500 GB Samsung Evo for 99 Euro.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't need a new SSD. I need a new graphic card.

I mean what is the price for the 2080? it will probably be over 1000 Euro

Where are you getting that? My understanding is that the prices will be normal at lunch and spike up suddenly as soon as stocks run out.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Drama started a page ago and was already over by the time your stupid ass showed up.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom