Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alexios

Augur
Patron
I changed my mind actually, I love how every conversation ends with the same generic sword fight. I also love the realism exhibited when the player character chooses to dismount his horse and duel two enemies who don't have horses on foot rather than use the massive advantage of having a horse to easily best his opponents. These developers clearly understand medieval combat, which is refreshing when so much of pop culture doesn't.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
3. we don't even know if these console fags have the day1 patch or not

the stream I posted said it was version 1.1 on one of the loading screens.. the day one patch is said to be 1.01.. either I misread and it said 1.0 or the 1.01 patch is listed as 1.1 in the game..

take that as you will

could probably go back and check since youtube livestreams are kept as videos but I am lazy

Sentinel

Arcane

the stream I posted said it was version 1.1 on one of the loading screens.. the day one patch is said to be 1.01.. either I misread and it said 1.0 or the 1.01 patch is listed as 1.1 in the game..

take that as you will

could probably go back and check since youtube livestreams are kept as videos but I am lazy
there's a 1.02 version.

sKhFsY0V6Gc2oj_v11J0iKUu4bR_1pEhdB8RRKGLfoM.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Was watching a stream.. one of the main quest NPC's is stuck trying to walk over a log, when he talks to the NPC it disappears then teleports back, continuing to walk endlessly against this log.

I feel like I'm really there!!

RR6KA1N.png

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

take that as you will

there's a 1.02 version.

well then, there we go.. seems the stream we are talking about didn't have the patch installed. then again maybe I dreamt the version number because running through the video again I can't see where it would have come up lol

edit: actually now thinking about it I think I conflated the version on ESO's video of the main menu of PC version which states 1.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjPLjU0YCAI

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I like how someone on the livestream was talking shit about the game only to get that whole "wait for reviews to come in."

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

take that as you will

there's a 1.02 version.

sKhFsY0V6Gc2oj_v11J0iKUu4bR_1pEhdB8RRKGLfoM.jpg

well then, there we go.. seems the stream we are talking about didn't have the patch installed.

"Numerous Other Bug Fixes and Improvements" is pretty vague.
That could be as little or as much as you want.

For all we know, it could just make the grass a little more green. I'd prefer more details. This game looks very rough.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
No early buyer discount. So there's no reason to rush.
If I'm not visiting family tomorrow, I'd buy it probably.
I can wait another week for patches.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They shouldn't have bothered releasing on console in the first place, not at first at any rate. The budget being so small they still could have made a profit with a PC only release and they wouldn't have had to worry about finding ways to make this thing run on shit peasant hardware, but i'm guessing maybe their investors told them they had to.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mean would you just say no to money? PC sales are a fraction of Xbox One sales across the industry, which are half of Playstation sales.

If they've made the decision that they are releasing on console in the first place and based their entire financial plan around console it makes little sense to just say PC first consoles later we don't care about making any sort of profit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I mean would you just say no to money? PC sales are a fraction of Xbox One sales across the industry, which are half of Playstation sales.

If they've made the decision that they are releasing on console in the first place and based their entire financial plan around console it makes little sense to just say PC first consoles later we don't care about making any sort of profit.

All i'm saying is they could have waited a bit to get it right. Not that i give a shit about what kind of garbage console fags have to deal with due to their underpowered faggy hardware, but if the game is full of bugs it's gonna hurt them. They are not Bethesda, who can get away with releasing the most broken garbage possible and still get tons of praise. Release the game on PC first, then port it on console in a more mature state.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They can't wait longer because the longer they wait the more AAA releases they have to compete with, February is their opening in the calendar really, if they release in March/April they will face progressively more competition from other games.

Plus there's been no bugs there's just been low budget graphics/ragdoll animations shocking consumers acclimatised to Witcher 3 tier production values. Half of the Codex expressing shock horror at what shitty console hardware looks like on a PS4 stream, and the other half of the Codex bitching and moaning the game doesn't run on their GTX 660.

But Codex will still whine because who cares about gameplay/writing when there's graffics to piss and moan about.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Console fags still expecting the impossible i see. Do they think developers can violate the laws of physics or something? Of course they had to cut corners to make it run on their pissant hardware. News at 11!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How many months of patching did New Vegas need, ho Codex? Or have you forgotten about that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom