Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Felipepepe's Encyclopedic CRPG Book Released

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Also covered here
http://www.yxdown.com/news/201802/387819.html
http://hot.cnbeta.com/articles/game/697457.htm
https://www.douban.com/note/656815440/

I think the first is pointing out that while the book is in English it also covers Chinese (which?) and Japanese games.
The third one provides a translation of the introduction and I think he is saying that it might be more suited to a Brazilian audience. Not sure though :D
Tale of Wuxia is the first example that pops up in my head.
Uh of course. Their examples were all Japanese though
Also Prince of Qin and Chinese Paladin.

Mychkine

Educated

Archibald

Arcane

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's also at least this article in French:

http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-15273-1-le-crpg-book-est-enfin-disponible

But I have no idea how important this site is.

This is the most important French RPG website for what I know. It is ranked high in Google when looking for info on RPG in french. Since Izual from Canard PC seems to have contributed, the book should also be covered in this magazine, which is a reference in French gaming.

It was also covered by another French website (mostly JRPG) https://www.legendra.com/rpg/news-id-7119.html. (I have never heard of rpgfrance before :M).

Freddie

Savant
Congratulations!

I hope you can find a deal to get this printed too. Would love to ad this into my bookshelf.

BTW, these are the games I'm thinking of maybe adding in the "1.1" version:
[..]
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
[..]
When I was browsing trough the book I noticed that this one was missing. It's IMO very important game because it has about the best implementation of ship to ship combat in space I have seen. It's example how developers used their imagination to turn Gold Box engine to create quite different experience than previous FR and Krynn titles.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Congratulations!

I hope you can find a deal to get this printed too. Would love to ad this into my bookshelf.

[..]
[..]
When I was browsing trough the book I noticed that this one was missing. It's IMO very important game because it has about the best implementation of ship to ship combat in space I have seen. It's example how developers used their imagination to turn Gold Box engine to create quite different experience than previous FR and Krynn titles.

He was too busy playing and thinking about how great pokeman video games where to include the goldbox games with the best rpg systems that are absolute must-play classics for people that actually like rpgs.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
He was too busy playing and thinking about how great pokeman video games where to include the goldbox games with the best rpg systems that are absolute must-play classics for people that actually like rpgs.
Also, the people that actually like RPGs never wrote me a review of Buck Rogers. I guess they don't like it that much... :M

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Also, the people that actually like RPGs never wrote me a review of Buck Rogers. I guess they don't like it that much... :M

Or, they don't want to help out a book written by someone who prefers playing pokeman over the rpgs.

Also, I'd be interested in hearing what your top 10 favorite games of the last five years are.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Also, I'd be interested in hearing what your top 10 favorite games of the last five years are.
Tales of Maj'Eyal, Age of Decadence, Path of Exile, Undertale, Dragon's Dogma, Dynasty Warriors 8, Caves of Qud, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Dark Souls III, NEO Scavenger.

Sadly, I don't have a console nor a good PC to run Nier, Nioh, Bloodbourne, D:OS2 and other recent games...

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Tales of Maj'Eyal, Age of Decadence, Path of Exile, Undertale, Dragon's Dogma, Dynasty Warriors 8, Caves of Qud, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Dark Souls III, NEO Scavenger.

Sadly, I don't have a console nor a good PC to run Nier, Nioh, Bloodbourne, D:OS2 and other recent games...

Its good of you to list them. And at least you listed one real rpg (AoD) and the most rpg roguelike (TOME). NEO was just way too rpg-lite for me, same for CoQ. And the rest of the games listed, especially in the ones you are super sad you can't play (besides D:OS2, but you can't be that sad since you didn't list DOS1) are console kid games for people that dislike real rpgs.

You guys that have control of this site ushered in and revel in the decline. I doubt you'll be able to see it, but this site used to be dedicated as a place to escape people like with absolute shitty taste and a disdain for real rpgs like you and the current community. Oblivion and Skyrim are way more closer to rpgs than most of the games you listed, and those two examples should be the absolute bottom of acceptable tastes on this site (in simple childish games with a console focus).

Congratulations on your book, but it seems like congratulating Goebbels for writing a book on the importance of a free and impartial press.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
All right, I'm interested in doing a fundraiser for felipepepe on the Codex.

There should be a definitive printed, leather bound proper :obviously: version of this book, with fore-edge painting.

This sort of thing: http://www.foredgefrost.co.uk/

Designer Binding, Fore-edge printing. Cost is up there though, at around $1,200 USD (500+ pages, A4) for one book.

This is going to be one hefty tome and would be a gift for felipepepe from everyone at the Codex, for his effort in creating the book.

Any extra funds raised would go to his Brazilian Whore Fund.

If you are interested in donating to this worthy cause, brofist this post. I'd rate it worthwhile at about 50 brofists (roughly $20 ea). Plebs who can't fist can quote me.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wait, what? Who would pay $1,200 USD for ONE book? I'm already talking with companies to make a hardcover version, possibly even via Bitmap Books, who does some gorgeous books...

Seriously DarkUnderlord , don't waste 1,200 USD on something silly like that. I can build a new computer or visit my family on that kind of money. :/

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
We could bind the tome in YES! skin, that would make sure at least one person who is into real RPGs has contributed substantially

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Designer Binding, Fore-edge printing. Cost is up there though, at around $1,200 USD (500+ pages, A4) for one book.
Eehh... Don't print in in such expensive countries like UK, the same thing will be much cheaper in Poland, Ukraine, Vietnam or Brazil for example (and costs of shipping from Vietnam to Japan shouldn't be too steep and for Brazil costs will be practically non-existent). 1200 $ is a waste of money.

sser

Arcane
Developer
felipepepe

Hey man just wanted to let you know you've reached a wide audience.

fi2cnUy.jpg

zpjrIyh.jpg

PrettyDeadman

I am willing to pay up to 100 dollar bills for this book (clarification : for my own copy of a book).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wait, what? Who would pay $1,200 USD for ONE book? I'm already talking with companies to make a hardcover version, possibly even via Bitmap Books, who does some gorgeous books...

Seriously DarkUnderlord , don't waste 1,200 USD on something silly like that. I can build a new computer or visit my family on that kind of money. :/
Hardcover != leather bound with relevant fore-edge painting. That's like saying that shit you bought in a cardboard casket for $5 last night is wine and why would anyone want to buy a bottle of Grange.

Or more relevant, that Grand Theft Auto 3 is an RPG because it has stats you can level up.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Congratulations!

[..]
[..]

Pokemon Blue is the best handheld RPG of all time. Come at me brah.

Faggot
*SMACK*

Delterius

Arcane

Puta que pariu. If you don't want the book just give it to me and I'll make sure it sits in a prominent place at the Royal Cabinet.

%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA%E3%81%AE%E5%B9%BB%E6%83%B3%E5%9B%B3%E6%9B%B8%E9%A4%A8_Real_Gabinete_Portugues_de_Leitura_%288735773218%29.jpg

:obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom