Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zer0wing

Cipher
A game about Bathory would be dope also.

SlamDunk

Arcane
RIYiWQx.jpg
They removed the "nazi" partt: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-impressions-thread-read-op.22536/

Anyways... I burst out laughing at "Vávra's nazi-like views". That forum is an insane asylum.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, I know the title is from the prayer. That's why I'm asking whether the plot of the game itself is relevant to that (other than that you might happen to visit some churches)

It’s set in 1403 and is aiming for realism, so presumably it’s pretty relevant. I don’t think you’ll get to fight the antipope because as far as I know Bohemia and Hungary both supported Rome, not Avignon, but at the very least everybody in the game should be extremely religious by modern standards.

If they actually make a sequel about the Hussite wars, the plot is going to hinge on things like whether the Bible should be translated into the vernacular, whether communion for laymen should be just bread or wine and bread, and whether burning people alive is a good way to settle doctrinal differences.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
PS. Is anyone else deeply upset that this comes out the day before Valentine’s Day? If it’s really good my girlfriend is going to break up with me for flagrantly ignoring her. I wish I had the self control to stop myself from playing immediately.

True Slav doesn't care about imported Anglo-Saxon customs and celebrations. Vávra himself is either a pagan or an atheist who abhors Catholic church, so some Christian saint can bite his metal shiny ass.

Exactly. Never really got this Dementine thing, no doubt invented by chocolate manufacturing companies and insecure women who want to feel speshul.

thr

Novice
PS. Is anyone else deeply upset that this comes out the day before Valentine’s Day? If it’s really good my girlfriend is going to break up with me for flagrantly ignoring her. I wish I had the self control to stop myself from playing immediately.

True Slav doesn't care about imported Anglo-Saxon customs and celebrations. Vávra himself is either a pagan or an atheist who abhors Catholic church, so some Christian saint can bite his metal shiny ass.

thr

Novice

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The development of KCD cost definitely more than 10 million, most likely over 15. The 5 million is an old number from the KS, with release planned two years ago...

I'd believe that. In which case they'll have to sell A LOT MORE copies than they're currently selling to at least break even. Oh boy, that's gun be rough.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Exactly. Never really got this Dementine thing, no doubt invented by chocolate manufacturing companies and insecure women who want to feel speshul.

Spoken like a man who’s never had a girlfriend. They all want to feel special (I dare say we men are just as bad, but about different things or else women would never fake an orgasm). They all get mad if you ignore their birthday or anniversary. I searched far and wide for a woman who’d be as unsentimental as I am, but I now believe she is a myth like El Dorado or the fountain of youth.

v1rus

Arcane
God darnit, I'm so hyped about this, but I doubt its gonna run well on me :(

GTX 1060, i5 6600, 8gb. Sure, its gonna run, but I really want max/near max settings, with a steady 40+ fps on 1080p. Its barely been a year since I got a new rig, it cant get outdated so fucking fast :negative:

I should probably get another 8gb ram tho. Been planning on doing so for a while, but not before i come into some money. This way, im gonna spend most of my _hardtimez_ savings.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oops the Kickstarter backers are pissed at their Collector's Edition (it's different from the commercial one). Apparently Warhorse promised they'd get a steelbook, paper manual and a coin. Instead they got a paper box and no coin or manual.

I guess that applies to the basic bitch Earl-level edition, I haven't seen any higher tier editions unpacking yet. Some of them, like the Illuminatus or Saint, are crammed to brim with goodies. I'd LOVE to see those.

Thanks to this SJM (M for moron) stupidity I discovered music of Burzum and Bathory so hey, awesome.
Don't forget to check out some of the stuff Varg released after his release from prison, such as Belus. These later albums usually don't get the same level of recognition as the early stuff but they are IMO superior, which is understandable since the guy has probably matured a lot during the intervening years. This song for example captures the 'hypnotic' quality of Burzum very well:

thr

Novice
The development of KCD cost definitely more than 10 million, most likely over 15. The 5 million is an old number from the KS, with release planned two years ago...

I'd believe that. In which case they'll have to sell A LOT MORE copies than they're currently selling to at least break even. Oh boy, that's gun be rough.

I've read somewhere or heard them say (I can't remember where, I've seen way too many interviews during all those years), that their expected break-even point is somewhere around 500k copies sold. And I honestly think they will easily hit that point on the release day. Smejki in this thread said a few days ago they are selling over 14k copies a day on Steam alone. Steam spy shows 42k sold copies, Vavra only few moments ago tweeted that it's much more in reality. It's safe to assume they will sell over 100k copies only in preorders on Steam alone. Only in preorders on steam. And where are consoles? Physical PS copies on german amazon are sold out and the game is number one bestseller. Collectors editions are sold out for weeks. There is no drama here, the game is financial success even at this moment.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Oops the Kickstarter backers are pissed at their Collector's Edition (it's different from the commercial one). Apparently Warhorse promised they'd get a steelbook, paper manual and a coin. Instead they got a paper box and no coin or manual.

I guess that applies to the basic bitch Earl-level edition, I haven't seen any higher tier editions unpacking yet. Some of them, like the Illuminatus or Saint, are crammed to brim with goodies. I'd LOVE to see those.
I have the 150 buck one and it has the coin. No manual and steelbook though I don't care. Tbh I paid the money because I wanted to support the project in order to play it one day, the extra stuff is nice but who cares.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

wtf he is a pagan larper?

pathetic

thr

Novice

wtf he is a pagan larper?

pathetic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom