Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a shame that Cleve doesn't come around here anymore. I discovered last night that I have a 3.4 SD skull size. I need to know if this is a natural expression of my superior 'thalian skeletal structure or if I'm some kind of melonhead orphan.

Dumbfuck
Unrelated to Grimoire, but boes anyone know if there is anywhere on the internet where you can get a hold of Vault OS, the operating system that Cleve wrote to organise a civil defence bunker?

Deleted member 7219

It was much easier to operate as an unironic Grimoire fan before I knew what he looked like. He looks like the cunt that sneaks out of the resort at 4:30am to stick a Union Jack towel down on the sunlounger nearest the pool.

The stereotype is German tourists doing that, you idiot.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Unrelated to Grimoire, but boes anyone know if there is anywhere on the internet where you can get a hold of Vault OS, the operating system that Cleve wrote to organise a civil defence bunker?

It's due to be released next Friday. I am a beta tester...but it's a little hard to use without a manual (manual should be released in a minor update following the OS release next Friday).

:troll:

Zep--

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I remember him starting a github repo or something and never updating it :M

Dorateen

Arcane
Hit the 100 hours on record milestone this week. Six hundred hours of play or bust!

rNLvpQA.jpg

A comment about itemization in Grimoire. Most of the time it seems, chests yield average consumables and stocking up on multiple items already in the inventory. But when you do find those unique weapons...

The sword we got from Ducat is pretty sweet. Gave it to our backstabbing thief. Now when he scores triple damage, he is outputting more melee damage than anyone in the party.

vtPJ3Th.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It was much easier to operate as an unironic Grimoire fan before I knew what he looked like. He looks like the cunt that sneaks out of the resort at 4:30am to stick a Union Jack towel down on the sunlounger nearest the pool.

I have been thinking of it for years but over the holidays finally got around to throwing out threads and replacing all dynamic memory allocation with static heap manager. It now works from ProtoThreads and they are spectacular. You can't tell I dropped threads to answer web requests.

I am also replacing Lua with a custom BASIC implementation with built-in memory disposal for server side logic.

I was also able to ditch my windowing library called Sim which doesn't work on IE6. Instead I switched to JQuery UI windows that run in the browser to produce the effect of a full OS Desktop that can be configured and arranged just like windows. I wanted to go to complete vector font library for all icons except coloured images just look so darn good.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I remember him starting a github repo or something and never updating it :M

IT's still there, I switched it to private. It's the old version, which works really well but is too complex to compile to really tiny device boards and DOS. I am fixing all this now. DOS will actually be used as the base OS for everything. FreeDOS is free, stable and runs forever without crashing.

Dorateen

Arcane
One more joins the fold. Spotted on steam forums last night:

Well..I finally took the plunge!
I have been watching and wanting Grimoire so bad for so long I finally purchased it late last night. I did not immediately start playing it because I know I am gonna be hooked like a fish in a pond once I do start playing it.

I could no longer wait because I started playing these kind of games way back in 1982. My first foray into computer role playing games occurred on an Apple IIE, after hours, in a D&D Club called "The Zub Club" (why it was named that I have no clue...LoL) at my High School on the weekends. I started playing Wizardry 2: Knight of Diamonds. It took me about 5 seconds before I knew my life was changed and I would now be a friggin' computer ♥♥♥♥♥...LoL! So that was my beginning with my fellow geeks on Saturday nights at school ordering Pizza from the local pizza shop way back in the summer of 1982. Man I miss those days...no worries like kids, bills, spouses, etc...!

Anyways, earlier this morning I finallly booted up Grimoire and was immediately taken back to my first Computer Role Playing experience. Man did it feel good!!! I kind of knew what was going to happen when I first launched Grimoire...after launching Grimoire I spent a few minutes configuring the video and game options. I then made it to Character Creation! (hooked like a big ole' fish!) I spent the entire 1 or 2 hours rolling home made characters... Yep I never made it past that. I think I only made 3 Characters so far...rolling....rolling...rolling for Stat Points (Gotta be at least 40 c'mon now!)!!! Yep....knew that was gonna happen...ONLY FIVE MORE TOONS TO GO...haha! Half the fun for me is getting great high number rolls for each Character!!! I like to think that with a littler better starting stats my toons will do me right! (It once took me an entire week to roll my 6 man party for Wizardry 8....like a Mook Monk...a Fairy Ninja...etc. The near impossible Characters to roll in Wizardry 8)

So that is my virgin beginnings in the Computer Role Playing Genre. Even though I will be turning 51 years old here (yep I am 50 ) in a few weeks Grimoire has regressed me a little bit back to my role playing roots! And I am loving it!!!

Enough for now...I could have been rolling for my 4th Character instead of typing this monstrosity...LoL... I wanted to thank Cleve and the other devs for finally publishing Grimoire so we old time role players could share in a new adventure. Thanks....thanks alot!!!

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Grimoire for only 27.74€ ? That's too generous of you, Cleve ! :hug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom