Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Considering going AI as well, but don't want to fuck up the game for my neighbours. Anybody's willing to sub?

Average position, poor-ish research, lack of gold, plenty of gems, fortified territory. Army size is sorta okay, but it doesn't matter, all thanks to Impossible AI Patala. No matter how many you got, freakin' Patala got thrice as much.

Nothing changes. You buy troops and go full offensive. Eventually you are driven back and forced to hold the border. Which you do, and then go counter-attack. And then you get driven off. THIS RIDE NEVER ENDS, ffs.

Your only useful unit is Malaya Druzhina, everything else is chaff. Gathering a druzhina army (42 res and 46 rec points each) is a logistical nightmare. It's doable, but there is no joy in it.

And then you get this:

vjnAbg0.jpg

I'm sick of it. Anybody's up for the challenge? Virtue, Patriarch and most of the mages made it back alive. Patala is defensive AI, it's unlikely they will invade all at once. Plenty PD on the borders, long NAPs with all the neighbours - no immidiate danger of losing the game. It's just, well, no chance of changing something either.

If everything else fails, I'm going AI too. Decline 21 is a marathon of pain and suffering.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I guess I could help down there, except I seem to recall you didn't want any "help" taking all of Patala. :M

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I guess I could help down there, except I seem to recall you didn't want any "help" taking all of Patala. :M

Back then I didn't realize Dayyālu set Impossible AI for this game. Anyway, I wouldn't do it in your shoes, unless you received a courtesy war declaration from Patala.

I have not received one yet, but if it helps an actual real opponent stay in the game while I grab a couple extra provinces and eliminate the annoyance of an impossible AI right next to me......might be worth it!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
So i've killed Arco...

but if Grimwulf goes AI then we just have like 3 non-dead players and AI's that will inevitably defeat them. Do we want to end this game?

I was enjoying it TBH... I'm eyeing up Lemuria and Atlantis, have pretty decent economy (blood econ) - pumping out those devil spawning scrolls once every 3 turns, down to 2 and soon every turn...

will be pretty fucking sad if all if this was for naught! I even teleported my Baphomet ontop of Arco's capital to oversee the battle (he was supposed to cast flaming arrows on my horde of xbowmen) but decided he didn't need to and stayed out of the battle. Lemuria as an AI is not that scary because they can only recruit indie chaff and gems wont help them so much....

However Ulm going AI is 100% GG - nobody will beat Ulm on impossible difficulty, I sympathize with Grimwulf facing down cyber-monkey hordes, I'm guessing they get about 20-40 of each gem per turn and by the looks of their army comp, they recruit max troops (with bonus ofc) in every single province.... I mean without having incredible mage stacks where strategy can be employed, I don't see anything Grimwulf can do to possibly win. Bandar log has what - 125 province defence everywhere? :D

Grimwulf - if you want I can send a guy with about 100 devils to help you, maybe shake up Patala's armies... but yea its a losing battle, unless Grimwulf invents a spell that gimmicks the AI to death.

EDIT sorry nvermind about ulm I didnt see they lost their cap :D

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
So i've killed Arco...

but if Grimwulf goes AI then we just have like 3 non-dead players and AI's that will inevitably defeat them. Do we want to end this game?

I was enjoying it TBH... I'm eyeing up Lemuria and Atlantis, have pretty decent economy (blood econ) - pumping out those devil spawning scrolls once every 3 turns, down to 2 and soon every turn...

will be pretty fucking sad if all if this was for naught! I even teleported my Baphomet ontop of Arco's capital to oversee the battle (he was supposed to cast flaming arrows on my horde of xbowmen) but decided he didn't need to and stayed out of the battle. Lemuria as an AI is not that scary because they can only recruit indie chaff and gems wont help them so much....

However Ulm going AI is 100% GG - nobody will beat Ulm on impossible difficulty, I sympathize with Grimwulf facing down cyber-monkey hordes, I'm guessing they get about 20-40 of each gem per turn and by the looks of their army comp, they recruit max troops (with bonus ofc) in every single province.... I mean without having incredible mage stacks where strategy can be employed, I don't see anything Grimwulf can do to possibly win. Bandar log has what - 125 province defence everywhere? :D

Grimwulf - if you want I can send a guy with about 100 devils to help you, maybe shake up Patala's armies... but yea its a losing battle, unless Grimwulf invents a spell that gimmicks the AI to death.

EDIT sorry nvermind about ulm I didnt see they lost their cap :D

Yeah, even without their castle, they been recruiting indies like crazy. It's a good thing I put down their cap as soon as I realised the AI isn't stopped by mere mortal considerations such as "gold", "resources" or "manpower".

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Bandar going AI at that point was kind of insane. They have a nice corner of provinces, a few forts.....not ideal!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can't find a freakin' sub. Goddamit. mondblut, I recall you love fighting AI - how about giving Bogarus a spin?

if it helps an actual real opponent stay in the game while I grab a couple extra provinces and eliminate the annoyance of an impossible AI right next to me......might be worth it!

If you want to feel the pain so much, I'm not gonna stop you. FYI, Patala has much greater numbers in surrounding area. To make things worse, their mages are full of gems, and spamming elementals like there is no tomorrow.

Everyone has their battles they say

You realize the guy has been chainstaling during the last 10 turns? He wasn't even set AI. What are you gloating about?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Can't find a freakin' sub. Goddamit. mondblut, I recall you love fighting AI - how about giving Bogarus a spin?

if it helps an actual real opponent stay in the game while I grab a couple extra provinces and eliminate the annoyance of an impossible AI right next to me......might be worth it!

If you want to feel the pain so much, I'm not gonna stop you. FYI, Patala has much greater numbers in surrounding area. To make things worse, their mages are full of gems, and spamming elementals like there is no tomorrow.

Everyone has their battles they say

You realize the guy has been chainstaling during the last 10 turns? He wasn't even set AI. What are you gloating about?

Have scouts all over, I am aware of some of the insane looking stacks. :lol: I'd be up for a re-roll, good start aside....it is getting a bit silly.

Infinitum

Scholar
Huh. Interesting read that. Are there any open spots left since you're rerolling? Wouldn't mind joining up in case.

Grif

Learned
How do we go about rolling a random nation again? Also, masses of dyrad hops was fun, but I think it's time for something else. :D

Infinitum

Scholar
Mmkay, claiming T'ien ch'i as my own! Now on to figure out what is best in life scaleswise.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Anything but monkeys. Abysia it is.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom