Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Mods for cRPGs: Top 10 bugfix mods

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have just posted a write-up on bugfix mods that I consider to be the best.

Top 10 looks like this (the order of listing is somewhat arbitrary after the first entry).

1. Killap's Unofficial Patch for Fallout 2
2. Unofficial Patch by Wesp5 and True Patch Gold Edition by Tessera for Vamp Bloodlines
3. PS:T fixpack by Platter, All-Inclusive Pack by SKARDAVNELNATE and Qwinn's Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack for Planescape: Torment
4. Kevin Dorner's Baldurdash Fixpack and the Gibberlings 3 Fixpack for Baldur's Gate 2
5. moebius2778 temple.dll, Circle of Eight (Co8) Modpack (8.1.0) and Temple+ by Grognards from Hell for Temple of Elemental Evil
6. Community Patch Project by Shadooow for Neverwinter Nights
7. Drog Blacktooth's Unofficial Patch (v091225) for Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
8. Community Patch/Enhanced Edition Patch for Gothic 3
9. The Morrowind Patch Project (MPP) / Unofficial Morrowind Patch (UMP) by Thepal and Quorn for Morrowind
10. Dragon Age Rules Fixpack (aka GT Core Rules Fixpack) for Dragon Age: Origins

wesp.jpg

templeplus.jpg

What do Codexers think are the best bugfix mods? I will be covering other types of mods in Parts II, III, IV and V. Time-permitting. Please try to keep the topic about bugfixes for now. Thank you.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Thanks, ESh . I will check those out and add them in if applicable (not that I don't doubt you, but I need to confirm everything). I will credit 'Dexers for additions as I did for my Renaissance write-up.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
No JA2 1.13 ? Is it that you don't like the mod, don't consider it a bugfix at all or that you don't consider JA2 as enough of a RPG ? I know I don't, it's more a strategy game for me, but many here do.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have commentated on 1.13 in my JA2 write-up. It's a first-rank tactics mod that will be covered in Part II.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That's what I said in the write-up, yes. But he made alterations and omissions. AFAIK, Platter was the first notable modder for PS:T. SKARD took over when he left (see his comments in write-up) and then Qwinn came along much later to consult with SKARD before going it alone to compile, expand and Weiduize.

Trashos

Arcane
YUP - New Vegas is a major one that you left out.

Thanks, ESh . I will check those out and add them in if applicable (not that I don't doubt you, but I need to confirm everything). I will credit 'Dexers for additions as I did for my Renaissance write-up.

I disagree with the inclusion of YUP, but it all really depends on the principles that the mods are supposed to be sticking to.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No JA2 1.13 ? Is it that you don't like the mod, don't consider it a bugfix at all or that you don't consider JA2 as enough of a RPG ? I know I don't, it's more a strategy game for me, but many here do.
1.13 is not a bugfix patch in any sense or intent, it's a gameplay mod with quite a different design philosophy than Sirtech's JA2. Over time due to all their new features they must have added and fixed many more of their own bugs than ever were in the base game. Stracciatella saw a new release recently and seems like the way to go if you mostly just want bugfixes and greater resolution support.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom