Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think he just ragequit after losing an argument. Guys like him are not used to it, but he learned one doesn't simply come to the codex with half-assed arguments and gets away with it.

At the time I thought he just made life hard for himself. People actually liked him and gave him a lot of credit for his straighforwardness. But then he just dissappeared as if we were no longer useful for him.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am really mostly excited for the simulationist, deus ex esque emergent gameplay and choices in quests design.

Like i want it so badly to have decently budgeted games like this again. The last one was new vegas, and ELEX in some degree.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You know it's possible that Daniel.Vavra doesn't post here because he has a million other more important things to do with his time

What could possibly be more important then shitposting on Codex? How others manage without it is a mystery. All world's greatest geniuses are here, alt or not. He probably has alt or two.
One to shitpost about his game and another for GD. He paid of course for access, coudln't wait to enter the vault of knowledge and wisdom like others.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, it's official, some soy boy thinks the game is better than Skyrim:

Of course, the shit i just took this morning was better than Skyrim, but hey.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Yeah big news guys. The most popular youtuber ,who is crazy rich by now, got to this status by literally autistically screeching for hours on.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Well, most popular person on youtube is a white supremacist Swede, so i don't know about that.
Yep exactly this guy. Watch some of his videos and your brain might start leaking out of your ears. Especially a bit early videos. The dude is literally screaming like a retard the whole time, that's all he did to become famous

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, that Skyrim fag guy mentions reading is a skill. There's stuff you can read in the game? Smejki, do tell us.

Dexter

Arcane
m5zWz8r.jpg

"This apple is part of the terrain and contains 0% story."

In comparison:

incline.png

But Kingdom Come has Revolutionary Legume Gameplay™ too:

I have no idea what people imagined, I remember having a clear idea what it'll likely be from around the first time I saw the Tech Demos that were floating around back in 2012, 2 years before the KickStarter:

And I still remember the thread where the Codex tried to convince Daniel.Vavra to turn his game into a Tactical Turn-based game: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codex-interview-dan-vávra-warhorse-studios.80471/page-14#post-2597025 and how Burning Bridges was not being this retarded: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...now-on-kickstarter.89307/page-10#post-3078378

This seems to be some bizarre trend on the board, clearly knowing what a game is going to be, then complaining years later that it isn't an isometric turn-based Tactical RPG or that you can't pick up every object or something, I've noticed the same phenomenon in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread with people noting on Page 1 that it'll most likely be a Cinematic Witcher with guns, yet years later showing indignation that it'll not be the thematic sequel to Fallout 2 or Jagged Alliance 2.

They seem to be preparing shit to go out soon:

Btw. Smejki is there any reason why in the EU area all the Collector's Editions of the game seem to be Unavailable? Are they already sold out or didn't they go out yet? And do you still have any intents regarding VR?

Xeon

Augur
BTW, that Skyrim fag guy mentions reading is a skill. There's stuff you can read in the game? Smejki, do tell us.
Not sure if skill but a dev answered a question about reading on reddit. LINK
Q-Does Henry know how to read and write from the start or there's a quest where a monk teaches him?
A-no, he will have to learn this over time

That sounds pretty cool, don't think I played any game which had this.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I know you guys were waiting for this before committing to buying this game, so here it is. Tyrone reacts to trailer:

So apparently this Tyrone watches trailers for living. And he has 1 mil. subscribers.

Can I get Youtube rich by watching Tyrone watching trailers?

Let me know if you do. I'll make a youtube channel for watching you watching tyrone watch a trailer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Not sure if skill but a dev answered a question about reading on reddit. LINK
Q-Does Henry know how to read and write from the start or there's a quest where a monk teaches him?
A-no, he will have to learn this over time

That sounds pretty cool, don't think I played any game which had this.

Guys, GUYS, i'm totally gonna go in that monastery and read my bible there. Watch me autism as nobody as ever autisted before.

Xeon

Augur
Eh, yeah it could turn out to be a drag but it might also not be and since its a new experience for me I kinda want to see how that will work out.

Mark Richard

Arcane
An interview they did a while back explained that letters appear as gibberish to those with a low reading skill, but there's a state in-between comprehending the entire message and not being able to read the message at all. You'll be able to make out parts of the message as the skill improves.

Couldn't find the interview itself, but I did stumble across another interesting titbit about rare time sensitive quests. Apparently if someone says 'let's meet this evening', that isn't code for 'drop by in six months when you're bored of adventuring.'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom