Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cvv don't get too attached, the Codex will eat the game alive after a while - regardless of how good it is :p

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
cvv Ok, it is a popamole game for people with A-levels. This I owe to the great vision of Mr Vavra. And if they offer some alternative to the voiceovers in Lower class English, it may be acceptable.

Lest it will be spread I'm hating on the game, when I'm just hating on this new generation of Codexers.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
cvv don't get too attached, the Codex will eat the game alive after a while - regardless of how good it is :p

I'm all out of fucks to give what other people think in general and about the games I like in particular.

People call me a retard for loving Gothic 3. If only they knew I brute-fuck their mamas and jizz in their soup.

Burning Bridges

So yeah, no. Old days Codex would not have ripped KCD a new anything. Old days Codex would have ripped you a new asshole and would've probably gifted you with a few tags while at it.

This is possible, but certainly not for saying that it's a glorified console game.

I never claimed to be a "cool" Codexer btw, but the generation of Valcik would be low tier even for the standards of ordinary gaming forums. Back in the day we had people like Skyway, you should remember that. Where do you think have they all gone?

But nowadays people are just content spamming the butthurt rating. Fucking decline, men.

I was always against this button decline. I don't know who wanted it, but reckon it was supposed to prevent +1 posting. But it sort of makes matters worse, because now people can suck up to the decline.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
At least this thread has been pretty hilarious the last few pages, gotta admit

btw review copies were sent out yesterday and embargo is release day. I fully expect this to get 6-7/10 from console reviewers, at best. Not that it will have any bearing on reality.

valcik

Arcane
Back in the day we had people like Skyway, you should remember that. Where do you think have they all gone?
They ran away from dumbfuckery and mindless spam spreaded by poseurs such as you. Mostly hanging on sites dedicated to retro-gaming, anyone interested in a couple of decades old Slovak/Czech language sites with grown up community feel free to PM me for a link btw. There's a couple of gentlemen here I'd gladly invite. ;)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1. In terms of melee combat, since a properly timed parry opens up your opponent to a counter-attack in "bullet-time", what's the incentive for the player to attack, and not always use the previously mentioned defensive move?
Also, a properly timed parry will cost you no "stamina spent for the blocking of a strike". I guess once you get extremely good that would be an option, but until then you will have to run a risk of taking a hit every time when you are trying to make a perfect parry.

From a video on combat I've watched, this feature was mentioned but the question wasn't answered. My guess is that depending on the weight of armor, you are expending stamina even from walking around during combat, so if you are in a heavier armor, you should strive to win combat sooner, before you get exhausted, instead of trying to parry the enemy and waiting for him.

On a sidenote, I'm suspecting the gamepad will work better for melee combat, but M&K will be superior for a bowman character. I used to be a pretty good shot in Thief.

deama

Prophet
cvv Ok, it is a popamole game for people with A-levels. This I owe to the great vision of Mr Vavra. And if they offer some alternative to the voiceovers in Lower class English, it may be acceptable.

Lest it will be spread I'm hating on the game, when I'm just hating on this new generation of Codexers.
What about the german voice acting, is that better?

Burning Bridges

There is none. Afaik there is only one option, Czech-Teutonic middle ages dubbed with that badly overacted English. No Czech, no German, no Latin. Only that corny English.

hivemind

>Large realistic, medieval-themed, open world landscape covering 3.5 square miles and 30 hours of gameplay
wait what
like I knew about the trilogy meme, but only 30 hours?
wtf

Sentinel

Arcane
>Large realistic, medieval-themed, open world landscape covering 3.5 square miles and 30 hours of gameplay
wait what
like I knew about the trilogy meme, but only 30 hours?
wtf
that's from the kickstarter from 2014. updated estimates are ~50 hours. Some say 80 hours min, but I call bullshit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
For those watching this with more attention, how big does the game world feel to traverse? Is the content all compacted or does player have enough space to just wander around?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For those watching this with more attention, how big does the game world feel to traverse? Is the content all compacted or does player have enough space to just wander around?

Only the devs know that for now. The beta was kindda content bare, hard to judge.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Burning Bridges

Could be related to the language. It's actually true, there is a German dubbing so that was wrong :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom