Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Felipepepe's Encyclopedic CRPG Book Released

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope it draws some widespread coverage and does well.
I wonder about that... Not a single mainstream website wrote about it yet. One would expect that speed would be a strong point of online jounos. :/

You got an article on kotaku (http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/07/massive-book-about-history-of-pc-rpgs-is-out-now-for-free)

Yes, Kotaku, I know, but it's something, right?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I have been following this for a couple years now. Just wanted to come by for the obligatory blowjob/nod of approval. Kudos felipepepe and all who contributed.

felipepepe - I cannot put this book down. I go to the shitter, I take my laptop with me to read more of the book. I lay my old arse down to bed at night, I take the laptop with me so I can read more of the book. It is simply too marvelous to describe, my friend.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I doubt Felipe will go down that road anytime soon. He pulled through out of sheer stubbornness to give up, but I doubt he would have started it if he knew what he was in for

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Congratulations for finishing this felipepepe - I gotta admit that when I submitted my ME2 piece, I didn't really believe that you could ever reach the finishing line and put out a complete book. Really happy to have been proven wrong!

PS - do you have any download stats?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Why would they know it? It's not as if the book mentions it at all.
There's something called "journalism" where journalists do some research before publishing an article. And RPG Codex is mentioned first in several places which suggests its importance.

PS - do you have any download stats?
He said he doesn't but we know that most visitors come from USA, Poland and Germany.

You forgot about this:
https://www.wykop.pl/link/4150395/encyklopedia-crpg-udostepniona-w-wersji-pdf/ (very likely it's how they've heard about it)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's something called "journalism" where journalists do some research before publishing an article. And RPG Codex is mentioned first in several places which suggests its importance.
Fun fact: Only ONE journalist sent me an email asking anything - a guy from Slovenia.

I'm on the train to work now, but Monday is holiday in Japan, so I'll have a long weekend to sit down and reply all the messages and stuffies.

Regarding stats, we had 60k unique visitors to the blog + 30k on the kotaku article. If we assume that everyone downloaded it and add the direct pdf links from other places, we are probably around 100k downloads ;)

BrewMonk5000

Novice
This is an amazing piece of work! Thank you all for your dedication and for making a place like this what it is.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There must be a printed edition.

And it must be leather bound.

For bonus points it should have a fore-edge painting. Fanned, for extra prestige points.

Edit: Once all the typos are fixed. "As much
as enjoyed seeing my father play"

"Not only it’s an amazing game that breath new life into CRPGs,"

"But that was also allowed, and we had a lot of fun talking about just how different our experiences was"

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
For people curious about stats:

GRY7Iqt.jpg

:kwafuckyeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom