Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holiday season is Q4 2018, not the summer

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have not followed the updates well, has there been any word or hint of when the next build will arrive?

Sentinel

Arcane
I have not followed the updates well, has there been any word or hint of when the next build will arrive?
2nd build of backer beta has been live for some days.
I mean the third one, with the class changes (feat changes?). I was under the impression we had at least one more patch with general feats (or so I thought....).
Oh, idk about that. Don't think they've announced or said anything about a 3rd version. I really don't see the point with the game launching so soon.

Btw video interview with Sawyer

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No, it was a built in option in the system config that you could open and change before launching the program.

That changed when Beamdog released the EE, so that you had to manually edit baldur.ini with a text editor, but BG2 has always had an easy way to adjust the game speed.
I know. I have played the original BGII and the patched BGII+ToB. What I said was that I do not know many people who have tinkered with the speed setting, and I certainly haven't seen game speed become a subject of debate, then or now, in the way that it is for PoE.

This console news, finally we get some drama :lol: Very cute of Obsidian never to mention this during the Fig campaign. I would have surely not backed Deadfire had I known.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far Obsidian have released backer beta updates about every five weeks, so in around three weeks maybe? That'll probably be the last one.

Cross

Arcane
So in addition to lying to its customers and backers, Obsidian is lying to its own employees?

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
2nd build of backer beta has been live for some days.
I mean the third one, with the class changes (feat changes?). I was under the impression we had at least one more patch with general feats (or so I thought....).
Oh, idk about that. Don't think they've announced or said anything about a 3rd version. I really don't see the point with the game launching so soon.

Btw video interview with Sawyer

is the soundtrack of this vid taken from PoE2?

Sentinel

Arcane
So in addition to lying to its customers and backers, Obsidian is lying to its own employees?
It is pretty weird that Obsidian hasn't announced anything on their twitter tho. Infintron deleted it maybe so he wouldn't reveal some dev's alt.

Gremius

Augur
So PC players once again will be beta-testing the game so the console players would get complete version at release.

Ulfhednar

Savant
No, it was a built in option in the system config that you could open and change before launching the program.

That changed when Beamdog released the EE, so that you had to manually edit baldur.ini with a text editor, but BG2 has always had an easy way to adjust the game speed.
I know. I have played the original BGII and the patched BGII+ToB. What I said was that I do not know many people who have tinkered with the speed setting, and I certainly haven't seen game speed become a subject of debate, then or now, in the way that it is for PoE.

This console news, finally we get some drama :lol: Very cute of Obsidian never to mention this during the Fig campaign. I would have surely not backed Deadfire had I known.
I certainly adjusted the speed in the I.E. games, and I think part of the reason PoE gets so much heat for game speed is because it was so easy to change for the I.E. games.

Rev

Arcane
So PC players once again will be beta-testing the game so the console players would get complete version at release.
The game will still be much worse on consoles, if anything because this kind of game is almost unplayable without mouse and keyboard, so no. Anyone with half a brain will still play it on PC.

Mazisky

Magister
This console butthurt is so full of shitty prejudices that whatever thing they can do with the game, it will be inesorabily classified as "omg they do it with console in mind!"

Improved graphic = "Omg, they do it cause of console ports!"

Changed NPC dress colour from red to purple = "Omg, they do it cause console ports!"

Trashos

Arcane
Consoltardization is usually quite obvious once you play a game. What do our beta spies say?

Didn't play FFXII but it's on the level of Dragon Age Origins. Look at the video on this page, 4:04 onwards.

It looked much more detailed than the DAO AI system (from what I remember of DAO). Then again, the systems are much more sophisticated in PoE.

Tenebris

Scholar
This console butthurt is so full of shitty prejudices that whatever thing they can do with the game, it will be inesorabily classified as "omg they do it with console in mind!"

Improved graphic = "Omg, they do it cause of console ports!"

Changed NPC dress colour from red to purple = "Omg, they do it cause console ports!"

That's the problem with announcing a console port before the game is even out. Every design decision made before and for now on will give people a nagging feeling of "Was this for consoles?!". From what I've played of the Beta the game doesn't seem "consolize-ed" so I'm not too worried. I'm actually more surprised they even bothered. Didn't the port of the first game bomb pretty hard?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Announcing the console port before release is actually kind of BAD for Obsidian, because it means some people might now wait for the console port instead of buying the PC release (where Obsidian earn most of the money). I wonder if it wasn't revealed accidentally or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom