Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Felipepepe's Encyclopedic CRPG Book Released

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Congratulations. That was quite dedicated from you!

Wait, so the title of this book is The CRPG Book Project ???

You forgot to come up with a name!!!

How about, From Gygax, to GURPS, to Gaider, with Many Points In Between ?

Or, maybe not that, but it was the first thing to mind…
The wealthiest country on earth also forgot to come up with a name, and succeeded just fine without one.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
There's a few typos in the book, but more concerningly, it claims that Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure was released in 1988, when it was actually released in 1980. (It appears in the December 1980 issue of BYTE Magazine). A 1988 release date also contradicts Apventure to Atlantis being released in 1982, since it was Clardy's fourth game. I'm assuming this is a simple typo, but these kinds of typos can be intensely misleading for future researchers.

Quantomas

Savant
Felipepepe, congrats to you for your dedication!

Maybe you can ask Monte Cook how to print the book economically. He is bound to know how to go about it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's a few typos in the book, but more concerningly, it claims that Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure was released in 1988, when it was actually released in 1980. (It appears in the December 1980 issue of BYTE Magazine). A 1988 release date also contradicts Apventure to Atlantis being released in 1982, since it was Clardy's fourth game. I'm assuming this is a simple typo, but these kinds of typos can be intensely misleading for future researchers.
Yeah, you're right - it is a typo. The most dangerous of all typos. I'll fix this right now, thanks for spotting it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Congratulations on the huge achievement. You've done something great for the genre and its fans!

On printing: have you checked https://www.lulu.com/ and similar online printers? They work on demand per order, you don't need a mass print, warehouse or anything. Whatever way you choose, I'll be getting a few copies for me and as gifts as well.
A hardcover colored version of the book would cost over $100 on Lulu. :/
Those colored pages push up the price quite a lot. I could probably make a book from this much cheaper if I would choose black and white printing, but that would do a huge diservice to those fantastic screenshots.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope it draws some widespread coverage and does well.
I wonder about that... Not a single mainstream website wrote about it yet. One would expect that speed would be a strong point of online jounos. :/
Have you contacted them? You don't really expect them to do some journalistic work and seek stories themselves, do you? You have to spoonfed them.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And we demand a printed collector's edition, tentatively titled The CRPG Codex.

Got to class it up a little and go for Latin. Maybe Codex Personae Ludendi Ludorum

Book of role playing games unless I’m even rustier than I think.

But more importantly, we need a summary of the CRPG book project project. Like the beach read version. Who’s up for the challenge?

cocorulverde

Educated
[Intelligence 10+]So you fight the good fight with your book?

Congratulations, felipepepe!

Sizzle

Arcane
Now is the time for a new book, this time about the history of adventure games.

Please do it, felipepepe, you're the only one with the courage and stamina to do this :salute:

Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, you're right - it is a typo. The most dangerous of all typos. I'll fix this right now, thanks for spotting it.

Also, in the skyrim article, in the side note on page 426, it ha two typos: "Later the game also received a Nintendo Swith pot and a VR version."

I haven't read the book but found those by just browsing. Since you're going to fix the thing, might as well fix this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom