Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Starwars

Arcane
The only way to truly LP a codexian would be if there was a "a woman, in my game? What kinda SJW bullshit is this?!" option each time you speak with a woman in the game.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
so no option to turn off compass marker???
WTF???
Not in the menu, no. But there's always g_showHud 0
As for the night, yeah starry night isn't pitch black. Then again it's the most realistic night I've seen in a RPG. Usually it looks like on a cloudy day, like in Witcher 3 for example.
The nights were brightened a bit since beta. It wasn't really fun running against a wall, being stuck, and not knowing about it for a minute. Yet still, having no light source at night is a bad idea anyway.
I'd say it's a bit darker than Risen 1's night and that's the darkest RPG night I can recall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJCkCmlrB0E
So for people who played this shit on EA/Beta or whatever: How was the performance on PC? I'm worried my toaster might now handle this
Care to share toaster specs? There's been a massive improvement since beta. Like 100% really, maybe even more. + smoother run. + full multicore support (beta was barely dual core)
Why exactly is this a nazi game?
'cause as a preorder bonus you're getting a KKK robe in IKEA style (white sheet, scissors and incomprehensible diy guide). And the rare supercollector's edition contains a Sieg Heil handholder, masked as a medieval sword to fool the Moral Guardians of the Internetz.
That video is fucking great but why is there gameplay of the protag stabbing another dude in full plate with a dagger from behind, typical modern "stealth" style, instantly killing him? The dagger should have plenty of trouble penetrating that shit.
The true solution would be to create animation for every possible combination and variation of the armor pieces and their states. Or we could make one animation and expect the player to translate it as the character's ability to find the right soft spots despite what you see. We decided the latter is way cheaper. I guess we could find a better animation tho.
Also are the kicks and shoves still in the game? I haven't seen them in the most recent gameplay showcase.
Yup. Within combat.
There needed to be some way to take down enemies from behind stealthily. I would hate if it was not possible. However I wonder if there is some possibility to do it nonlethaly, I hope so.
Yes, there is. It's not a some sleep-forever Deus Ex-y magic, tho. They wake up after a while. A minute or two.

Nyast

Cipher
lol 250k, you think they get anywhere near the full $60 for a sale? At that budget, I'd peg it at 400-500k to break even.

My thoughts exactly. Between VAT (20% on EU sales) and the Steam commision ( usually around 30% ) you can easily double that 250k estimation.

Smejki

Developer
Do you simulate deflection and penetration?
to some extend, yes

BTW how many czechs died on plague in 1380, and how many moravians?
mystery.png

I think there's the hunger and thirst mechanics, yeah.
No thirst. There's tiredness instead
A really, really good trailer. Did you make those last two yourself at the studio Smejki?
Yup. Blacksmith's Tale is directly from our Cinematic Lead Martin Klekner. Previous work of his is Rex, Familia et Ultio trailer, I believe.

Smejki

Developer
By the way, can you tell me why there were no arrow trails in the latest video?
no idea. a bug? suppressed with some cvar because reasons? lost in Youtube compression?
mystery.png

they are in the latest version for sure.

Just curious: is it generally trivial or difficult to make all those HUD features that people are bitching about - the reticle, the arrow trails, the compass - optional?
It's trivial but one has to choose which options to expose is still a good idea.

What interests me the game is only 30gb with such good graphics which indicate high quality textures that would require a lot of disk space, while other games with much worse graphics tend to be about 60gb and FFXV coming on pc is 100gb.
Fallout 4 high res texture pack is 40gb on top of 50gb base game.

So either Warhorse is doing some wizardry or.......?
Or these big ass games with whole armies of graphics artists have greater pool of assets. One could say we reuse assets a lot. On the other hand unlike most RPGs we do not need whole asset sets for several biomes for example. Skyrim has like 6-8 different biomes each comes with a set of terrains textures, flora, fauna, architecture.

Smejki

What do vavra use to run the game in the Twitter screenshots?

They are all indoors and the FPS counter shows like below 29s
Some hi-end gig. I don't remember anymore. He's changed GPU like 3 times in last 6 months. I'm pretty sure he shared such info on his twitter under the screenshots.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo Smejki since you're being so chatty - what's up with the Gronkh preview? How is it that it's the only comprehensive preview on the Internet? Did he get some special access from you? And why not give the same chance to English speaking YT-ers and streamers like ESO or MrMattyPlays?

It'd certainly help the exposure. I mean Gronkh has like 5 million subscribers but it's still in German which is kindda restrictive.

Smejki

Developer
Yo Smejki since you're being so chatty - what's up with the Gronkh preview? How is it that it's the only comprehensive preview on the Internet? Did he get some special access from you? And why not give the same chance to English speaking YT-ers and streamers like ESO or MrMattyPlays?

It'd certainly help the exposure. I mean Gronkh has like 5 million subscribers but it's still in German which is kindda restrictive.
Yes, he got some exclusivity deal. However I don't know our marketing plans and even if I knew I wouldn't and couldn't share them of course.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, can you tell me why there were no arrow trails in the latest video?
no idea. a bug? suppressed with some cvar because reasons? lost in Youtube compression?
mystery.png

they are in the latest version for sure.

Just curious: is it generally trivial or difficult to make all those HUD features that people are bitching about - the reticle, the arrow trails, the compass - optional?
Code:
If(arrowtrail == true){particleEngine.add(arrow);} When done in proper way per arrow.
or If(arrowtrail == true){particleEngine.Iterate();} When someone coded special particle engine only for arrows. You can change trails on runtime.
or ParticleEngine.ini(NoArrowTrails, ... horrible amount of various switches and object passed into Particle Engine) Probably the best way how to not shoot yourself into the feet with shotgun.

If(HUD == true){
DrawingDevice.drawOverlay(HUD);
}
Both reticle and compass are just HUD features.

sullynathan

Arcane
A week until the launch, a huge exposure in the biggest German outlets and YT channels, one of the biggest global bestsellers on Steam....but the big Kwan outlets are still completely silent.

Where are all the standard "10 Reasons Why We're Excited About KCD" IGN marketing articles? Not enough of the budget left for dorritos, Warhorse?
Too busy with Monster Hunter world

Paul_cz

Arcane
Bought it through Steam. I think that the game is going to be awesome, but even if it isn't, I want to support Daniel and Warhorse Studios. We need more game companies like them.
You guys, CD Projekt and Warhorse are my holy trinity of AAA studios. I hope KCD is a smashing success and then the game you are making headed by Leon and Tim is also smashing success. Can't wait for the reveal.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Climbed to 3rd spot in Global Best Sellers!
8og5cOB.png
I guess if you are a random person and looking for a new game to play, just looking at top 20 Steam sale list and seeing this game is better marketing than paying off crap gaming sites.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom