Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
Nope. Wrong again. You can launch DRM-free games available on Steam without ever launching Steam. Just tried myself with Victoria 2.
You cherry picked a game which is in minority, most games on steam will launch steam itself when you try to start them, if you use steam, you are aware of this and are just bullshiting now.
Yes, I know that, because those games use Steamworks, which IS the DRM part. This DRM part is optional. The majority of games use it, as you pointed out. This does NOT mean that Steam is DRM.

Optional but 90% of games use it...... hey guise steam is not DRM because 10% of games on it do not use the drm! but the evil GOG is drm where 100% of games come with no drm !

EVERYONE GET ON STEAM NOW YOU HEARD IT FIRST FROM THESENTINEL!!1111
I never said GOG was DRM though. Can you quote the sentence where I said that?

'The installer question is literally the only difference between GOG and Steam. And even then, you still need to log in to an account on GOG to access your installers, for which you need internet connection, so by your definition, GOG has a degree DRM.'

according to you logging to GOG to download a game is the same DRM as steam
Alright so what this tells me is that you're either mentally impaired or you're just tolling. Either way I'm not gonna bother coming up with an analogy so your baby brain can understand what is being said. Just buy the fucking game.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I for one have so many games in my backlog that i can easily wait a bit anyways to see how the general reception of the game is. Until then GOG release will already have happened.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nope. Wrong again. You can launch DRM-free games available on Steam without ever launching Steam. Just tried myself with Victoria 2.
You cherry picked a game which is in minority, most games on steam will launch steam itself when you try to start them, if you use steam, you are aware of this and are just bullshiting now.
Yes, I know that, because those games use Steamworks, which IS the DRM part. This DRM part is optional. The majority of games use it, as you pointed out. This does NOT mean that Steam is DRM.

Optional but 90% of games use it...... hey guise steam is not DRM because 10% of games on it do not use the drm! but the evil GOG is drm where 100% of games come with no drm !

'The installer question is literally the only difference between GOG and Steam. And even then, you still need to log in to an account on GOG to access your installers, for which you need internet connection, so by your definition, GOG has a degree DRM.'

Alright so what this tells me is that you're either mentally impaired or you're just tolling. Either way I'm not gonna bother coming up with an analogy so your baby brain can understand what is being said. Just buy the fucking game.

cheersmate.png

Doktor Best

Arcane

Well can you take the steam version, put it on a usb stick and copy it to another pc who has no internet at all and play it on that pc? If the answer is yes, then i agree that steam is no drm.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well can you take the steam version, put it on a usb stick and copy it to another pc who has no internet at all and play it on that pc? If the answer is yes, then i agree that steam is no drm.

only 10% of games

on gog games without DRM are 100%

---

Arcane
Steam version doesn't have Denuvo. Not even clear if it has any DRM at all you stupid faggot.
Steam is DRM... Unlike gog.

Steam is DRM in the same way smiling at a girl is rape.

Most puzzling questions of our time:
1. What is the meaning of life?
2. Are there other civilizations in space?
3. Why does the topic of DRM make normal people Down-syndrome retarded?
"Normal" people?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
THe only thing worse about GoG is that patches can come after some time (and they are always behind steam)because the GoG team need to pack them themself.

mildTea

Learned
Wow, the lipsync is really off in places. And flaming arrows?! Really?!

German Wikipedia contains illustration of flame arrows from Konrad Kyeser, who funnily enough is actually an NPC in the game. Their use for sieges and setting villages on fire seems to be historically accurate. This is what they are used for in those scenes.

Can't believe they wouldn't check such a thing given the historical accuracy of the game is one if it's main selling points.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if the hardcore mechanics like eating, drinking, and in depth armor system would be a negative for the retardo casual

Also i heard quest are tiem sensitive and missable. Imo thats incline in the context of simulating a world, but normies wants a playground that centered around yourself, and not taking part in a living world

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
You see that castle? You can climb it.

Seriously though, this looks like it will be a fun mod. I think it's great that people are still trying to improve Oblivion after all these years.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wonder if the hardcore mechanics like eating, drinking, and in depth armor system would be a negative for the retardo casual

Also i heard quest are tiem sensitive and missable. Imo thats incline in the context of simulating a world, but normies wants a playground that centered around yourself, and not taking part in a living world

You can see it in the video above. They introduce the time mechanics in the little quest where your dad gives you some money to bring him cold beer from the pub. If you wander around too much the beer gets warm and he sends you for another one but this time you have to pay for it yourself. From various talks Vavra gave it's just a little taste, it'll go much deeper later on.

As for eating/drinking - it'd be negative even for me if it's just a pointless chore. Meaning if you have to constantly eat and drink but food and beverages are retardedly easy to come by. I hope that's not the case here.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

German Wikipedia contains illustration of flame arrows from Konrad Kyeser, who funnily enough is actually an NPC in the game. Their use for sieges and setting villages on fire seems to be historically accurate. This is what they are used for in those scenes.

Can't believe they wouldn't check such a thing given the historical accuracy of the game is one if it's main selling points.

Well, yes, but he also painted this:

10be7443d452542e7abfdf56e196fc94--illuminated-manuscript-medieval-art.jpg

Not sure I'd take his word for everything. :))

I always thought that fire arrows had to be shot from underpowered bows at close distances, because otherwise they would extinguish themselves in flight. Apparently, there were others of a newer construction that could be shot from ballistas and such.
Either way, my disbelief was more directed at their use here - shooting villagers and igniting freely available thatched roofs. (seems like a pointless waste of arrows only meant for cinematic spectacle)

Doktor Best

Arcane

Well, yes, but he also painted this:

10be7443d452542e7abfdf56e196fc94--illuminated-manuscript-medieval-art.jpg

Not sure I'd take his word for everything. :))

I always thought that fire arrows had to be shot from underpowered bows at close distances, because otherwise they would extinguish themselves in flight. Apparently, there were others of a newer construction that could be shot from ballistas and such.
Either way, my disbelief was more directed at their use here - shooting villagers and igniting freely available thatched roofs. (seems like a pointless waste of arrows only meant for cinematic spectacle)

Whats wrong with the picture? Not every painting does have to depict reality, as not every painter back then had the urge to strive for realism. Artists exaggerate.

As for your objection to firearrows. Firearrows are basically sticks with feathers. If you only need them to set villages ablaze you wouldnt even need iron arrowheads i guess? Why exactly would using them be unpreferable to engaging your men in close combat encounters with peasents with pitchforks, eventually losing precious manpower in the process?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom