Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POLL: Games that you wish would get a Sequel or Remake

Which of the following renowned games will EVER receive an official sequel or remake?

• Total voters

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Conan setting with Arnie likeness

They could just as easily make him look like Conan as decribed in the books, which would be much better. I would love to see that game though. Also Fafhrd and Gray Mouser game would be cool

Cael

Arcane
What the hell is wrong with you, Jason?

MASTER OF MAGIC!!!

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm watching this millennial trying to play Battle of Olympus on twitch, and he's so terrible. It's like millennials have like a 30 second attention span. He couldn't concentrate for more than 30 seconds. He literally spent 30 minutes getting lost between 3 screens and couldn't even evade simple creature attacks. My god.

And the dude can't talk and play at the same time. He literally pauses the game to answer questions from the chat box.

Now I'm watching a different millennial play Crystalis. Why the fuck do millennials play and read walkthroughs at the same time. Read the walkthrough BEFORE you play, fuck.

Last edited:

Freddie

Savant
Some sort of modern take to Autoduel might be interesting.

Then some sort of hybrid with ideas from Gold Box Buck Rogers games and Sentinel Worlds: Future magic with possibilities todays computers allows.

Ash

Arcane
Probably a bunch of old console games. Old PC classics just don't need a remake modern butchery because they typically have mod communties and patches that continue to enhance and address particular quirks better than any pro cash grabbers could.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Streets of Rage, a 3D one with coop.

I want a Max Payne successor in which the enemies can shoot dodge. Because shooting a guy up as he's flying through the air is fucking cool. A slide too. I'm imagining sliding under a guy, shooting him up as he's flying over me.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Dungeon Keeper - We need a real sequal, with good engine, non-cartoonish graphics and management.
Master of Magic - obviously
Command & Conquer (Both vanilla and Red Alert) - let EA be crippled, sell it to Blizzard or other company and make a sequel for people to forget about abominations like RA3 and TT
Master of Orion - proper release, not thus nuMoO shit
Populous - Peter Moulinex ruined lots of things but at least some should be saved
Transport Tycoon - obviously

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Proper Dungeon Keeper 3 would be awesome yes
Also a GOOD Black & White 3 would be really cool
I wouldn't mind a (good this time) Spore 2. Really nice concept
Ofcourse Darklands, a BG 3 would be great.... There are so many options man!

Jason Liang

Arcane
The games on the poll are ones that have never gotten a sequel or remake (with the exception of KotOR).

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
- Vagrant Story (Playstation)
- Gothic series (last official title being Arcania - Gothic 4)
- Life is strange
- Neverwinter Nights 2
- VtM: Bloodlines
- Alpha Protocol
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong
- The Wolf among us
- Tyranny

lophiaspis

Arbiter
It surprised me when Epic spent the whole 360 epoch shitting out one GoW after another instead of finally doing Jazz Jackrabbit 3. Jazz could easily have become a sort of American Mario or Sonic if they got Microsoft backing for it. Jazz 3 would of course not be a 3d platformer - that gameplay style sucks - but some mashup of GTA/Red Dead Redemption/Brutal Legend style action adventure gameplay with Pixar tier cartoon graphics and storytelling. They could have pastiched up all sorts of Americana to make the world of Carrotus unforgettable. Jazz himself would be like Bugs Bunny as a child of the 90s (a little more feisty hero and little less nihilistic trickster, but just a little). He would zoot around saving the world in a red convertible that you could upgrade with jet engines, miniguns, rocket launchers, stereos to blast the in-universe bunnyrap duo rapping about carrot juice... At one point Jazz would be deftly hitting on some downtown bunnies from the seat of his convertible. His girlfriend Eva seeing this would freak out, screaming about Jazz 'chasing tail'; Jazz would just shrug and say, 'I'm a rabbit.' His spaztic brother would be the comic relief, a kind of furry version of Zed from Police Academy who turns into a whirlwind of psychotic violence when angered, and when you went for a drive Spaz would hang out of the side screaming like a dog. The 'Swanky Kong' style gun shop would be manned by the rabbit version of this guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2uXBD1AJWc), with carrots instead of stars on his Battle Flag as he sold you a double barrelled, caliber converted, pinpoint accurized pie gun, enunciated in the most bone-chillingly overdone drawl. You would have all sorts of ridiculous cartoonish weapons like fat-guns to turn enemies into obese blobs, shrink-rays, hammers to flatten enemies, freeze guns, stupid-rays etc. Multiplayer would be both co-op story mode and a deathmatch that's like Unreal Tournament meets Mario Kart VS mode. Of course this would take a Psychonauts-Brutal Legend era DoubleFine worldbuilding/storytelling talent to pull off properly, but oh well, one can dream.

On the same note Unreal 3 could work well as a sort of Far Cry meets Another World/Subnautica/Avatar.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
I also think the people behind nu-Wolfenstein (at least W:TNO) could do a much improved, reimagined Red Faction, which has always been a second tier franchise but doesn't have to be. The lynchpin of the reimagining would be to place the action on a fully terraformed Mars. With some thought put into how the conditions on mars would affect life and society, the environments would be a lot more interesting. Instead of the same bland-to-the-point-of-caricature corridors and mineshafts and brown deserts you would be piloting ornithopters over cities of enormous, bizarrely shaped skyscrapers, wingsuiting down the 10 kilometer high waterfall pouring off snowy Olympus Mons into a jungle of gigantic, tangled low-gravity trees and bizarre, low-gravity-raised elephants and panthers. The plot would be the well-trod HL2-Metro-Nuwolf formula of a resistance fighter cutting a trail through some imaginative and well designed environments, of which MachineGames proved themselves the current day masters with TNO. Apply that to the map of a Green Mars, and it writes itself. Naturally, they would never even get the rights to this but again, one can dream.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom