Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Picked this up in the Humble Monthly. Good weapons for quality build? Using the longsword now but it's kind of boring.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Don't bother with optimizing. Every weapon works fine for singleplayer. Find the one that feels right. Longsword is quick and practical enough to be the right choice. Just experiment.

Arthandas

Prophet
So.. another attempt at finishing DS III ends up being unsuccessful. :lol: Game seems really solid and yet I get bored playing it anyway.. As usual I ended up reinstallng DSII, gonna finally attempt to create a magic user char. Feels so much better than DS III right from the start.
Word for word my exact thoughts.
I couldn't wait to forget DSII enough to start it all over again :) I would do so right now if not for Nioh.

Arnust

Savant
The Astora Great Sword (Ideally refined) is a fucking monster and isn't spammy trash. Sad that it's better than weapons that are five times heavier though.

v1rus

Arcane
How alive is the multiplayer?

You can get both the basic game, and first dlc for 12$ monthly subscription for Humble Bundle, so Ive been thinking of picking it up.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Picked this up in the Humble Monthly. Good weapons for quality build? Using the longsword now but it's kind of boring.

People are going to pretend it's not the hugest ultra-giga-bigga-nigga-sword you can hold, and that there's a lot of variety there.

It's the big sword. That's the good thing to use. Just use the biggest, smashiest one you can equip properly.

Quality build is good, but I still used at least a two-handed sword for much of the game, although I changed weapons frequently anyway for fun.

I also dressed up in the ninja ghi, equipped katanas, played Japanese music over Discord, and yelled "OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU" et al. over the mic to annoy/and or entertain Lazing Dirk, but big smash giganigga is king.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, I used the Hollowslayer Greatsword for much of the game, until I finally pumped strength/vit enough to fit something beefier, like the Black Knight Sword and some others.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
^

e9d.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Game runs like shit, the settings actually do nothing, the only thing that affects your performance is resolution. Some settings are also complete ass like antialiasing on/off or mouse sensitivity that is from 1 to 10.
No keyboard prompts because too fucking lazy to do it FUCK YOU.
Default KBM keybinds actually make it impossible to use all of the special attacks of some weapons.
No option to disable the annoying as fuck camera following your character's lateral movement which is something you might want on a controller but not with a fucking mouse.

Oh yeah, and as for the game itself, I rolled more in 20 hours of this than in the entirety of a Witcher 3 playthrough.
Also
>invulnerability frames
>shields blocking % damage
L
O
L
And the fucking thing actually uses a 8-way movement so you can't walk backwards without a lock, holy shit, I thought it was just CDPR devs being incompetent when they made TW2 and were inspired by DS, but no, it turns out it's FROM who are incompetent dumb fucks.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
Eh, it's an alright port. Not stellar but it does it's job just fine. The DS2 (even less do SOTFS) port was good though, just lacked some settings and the keyboard controls were ehhhh.

Controller is the superior experience still but K&M is on par. Weapon Skills and some inputs like kicks and parries are a bugger as you can see yourself pressing three keys at once (you can make some of them even easier than in controller with key bindings though). Didn't really stop me of kicking ass in PvP. It's nice that you can free aim fantastically, pity that ranged builds are shit now unless you like gimmicky pointlessness or spamming crystal soul spear.

You have a point with shitty blocking and roll spam but DO TELL how exactly are you supposed to move backwards on a 3D action game that doesn't use a lock-on system and even if there is what point would it serve.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Game runs like shit, the settings actually do nothing, the only thing that affects your performance is resolution. Some settings are also complete ass like antialiasing on/off or mouse sensitivity that is from 1 to 10.

or you're definitely mentally challenged and you should seek help

Or maybe you two should ditch your toasters and buy a good Desktop. I can run this game on my fucking 6 year old laptop (with everything on Low and 1280x720p) with an average of 40-50FPS framerate that has never gone bellow 28FPS, and not even once it has freezed, stuttered or crashed.

Arnust

Savant

Or maybe you two should ditch your toasters and buy a good Desktop. I can run this game on my fucking 6 year old laptop (with everything on Low and 1280x720p) with an average of 40-50FPS framerate that has never gone bellow 28FPS, and not even once it has freezed, stuttered or crashed.
worksonmymachine.png

Gerrard

Arcane

I can run it in 720p with everything on max because it makes no difference between that and low. But on 1080 there is no difference in FPS between max and low either, and it runs like shit (i.e. around 30FPS *which you may say is perfectly fine, but I cannot see how people could play this with that input delay).

I also forgot to mention this since it doesn't really affect me, but the game uses CPU like a motherfucker, which is a great sign of terrible console-centric programming and lack of PC optimization.

You have a point with shitty blocking and roll spam but DO TELL how exactly are you supposed to move backwards on a 3D action game that doesn't use a lock-on system and even if there is what point would it serve.
Like in most third person games, with strafe and walking backwards, not turning around? I mean even Gothic did this right if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
Performance on certain areas and at reaction of too much shit on screen can severely tank. The Dreg Heap of the DLC and basically most of Lothric has it easily noticeable in lower specs. It's by no means providing of the fabled "Solid 60".

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I played a bit... like 20 minutes.
Mobs can't touch me, they strike through me, and I can't hit them too.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

praetor

Arcane

can you not read? are you as mentally handicapped as Gerrard? what does my statement about him being on the intellectual level of a 6 year old have to do with DS3 performance?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

can you not read? are you as mentally handicapped as Gerrard? what does my statement about him being on the intellectual level of a 6 year old have to do with DS3 performance?

No, can you read? You said I was the one that was mentally challenged not him.

Jokzore

Arbiter

No, can you read? You said I was the one that was mentally challenged not him.

tenor.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom