Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The best gaming channel is you playing a fucking game yourself like a normal person.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I saw Grim Beard couple of years back with his Nocturne review and while he may not be everyone's cup of tea, he probably deserves about ten times more subscribers than he has.

pippin

I remember Nocturne, they used to hype it somewhat but it never seemed to go anywhere.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone here have any tips on a channel that does ironman runs of turn-based tactics games like JA2, X-com and the likes? I welcome any tips. I have probably seen most already, but I guess I could get lucky with some small obscure channel :)
One more criteria though, it's can't be an obnoxious radio-voice douche bag Youtuber!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Anyone here have any tips on a channel that does ironman runs of turn-based tactics games like JA2, X-com and the likes? I welcome any tips. I have probably seen most already, but I guess I could get lucky with some small obscure channel :)
One more criteria though, it's can't be an obnoxious radio-voice douche bag Youtuber!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Quickmind01/playlists

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Thanks, been a subscriber of his for a long time though :)

Endemic

Arcane
TL;DR version: Microtransactions and DLC have a shorter lead time, greater RoI and provide a steady income in between traditional development cycles. The mobile market showed early on that people will buy them en masse, so the publishers will keep using this business model. Costs have remained steady or even declined in most cases, especially due to digital distribution.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
The codex favourite teenager (who says he's in his mid twenties or something actually) just released a new video in which he expects the codex to tell him he's wrong.
WELL, IS HE? YOU TELL ME!

I liked the video. I like that he goes his own way.

Agreed.

I started watching this guy because of his MechWarrior retrospectives. I thought they were fairly good, along with his Marathon one. Check them out folks, if you can get past the fact that he sounds like a particularly pretentious thirteen year old.

One of the more amusing things about him is he refusal to acknowledge the thing with his eyebrows. He's answered questions about them and replied acting all puzzled.

newtmonkey

Arcane
The Spectrum Show!

Never owned a ZX Spectrum, but this channel is fascinating. I often put this this on in the background while working. Guy seems like he knows what he's talking about, covers everything from news to hardware and software, has a pleasant voice, and loves the fuck out of the Spectrum haha. I really like the format he has settled on from the second or so series on, with a dedicated news section, reviews of classic then new games, a hardware special, etc.

Deleted Member 16721

I have a Hardcore Ironman "blind" run of Lords of Xulima. I generally LP RPGs on their hardest difficulty levels, etc.. Don't play many strategy games, though, but also have a D&D: Tactics & Temple of Elemental Evil LP somewhere on there as well. Currently doing BG:EET + SCS on Hard.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

I'm guessing you've done and dusted Christopherodd?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/user/martindzurenko/playlists
He played XPirateZ, Final Mod pack for XCom and Terror from the Deep and finished it while he researched everything in the game, and survived.
He got some series like X-Com Hawaii Challenge but it ended quickly...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

I'm guessing you've done and dusted Christopherodd?

Yes, been watching him, but I find him too good/lucky. I'm in for the action, the losses, the drama! But he produce some nice stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/martindzurenko/playlists
He played XPirateZ, Final Mod pack for XCom and Terror from the Deep and finished it while he researched everything in the game, and survived.
He got some series like X-Com Hawaii Challenge but it ended quickly...

Yeah, I know Meridian. Started to follow him through the OpenXcom forum. He has good content.

I will put a recommendation myself:

Plumps playthrough of JA2. Unfortunately he did not finish the game, but have always found this LP funny. He create these small narratives within the gameplay, bit like a story teller of some sorts. He is not the best (not bad either though) at the game so expect losses :)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Slitherine Games have pretty good channel where they shill their own games.
Still it gives pretty good info about those.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Quite old by Youtube standards, but One F Jeff had quite good Silent Storm playthrough.

Venser

Erudite
It's not from a gaming channel but this video is pretty interesting. Especially the part that explains how Avalanche Studios had complete access to all Fury Road concept art, storyboards etc and as a result they put stuff in the game that was supposed to be in future Mad Max movies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom