Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Holy shit, the most autistic fucktard in the codex (not really, more like merely in cRPG) played a tactical rpg but the rest of the codex largely ignored my question like it didnt even belong in a thread about rpgs.

Like i dont want to encourage this asshole, but he is more monocled than half the monkeys posting here.

This bothers me. Not the autistic fucktard part since it is something dumb people say, and its like me calling Einstein bad at math. But saying I am only more monocled than half the codex is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard. What retard little kid game console rock have you been hiding under? I am far, far more monocled than 100% of the codex. I have proven time and time again, throughout time and history and consistency, that I am the fucking monocle. The only monocle that truth and reason and civilization and sanity can be viewed through. My scientifically proven impeccable taste is part of the monocle, and the rest can be felt from my toes through my glorious testicles up to my face.

And Mustwad - I didn't recommend it to anyone so don't thank me.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Holy shit, the most autistic fucktard in the codex (not really, more like merely in cRPG) played a tactical rpg but the rest of the codex largely ignored my question like it didnt even belong in a thread about rpgs.

Like i dont want to encourage this asshole, but he is more monocled than half the monkeys posting here.
I just checked its steam page and I don't see what is RPG in this game? What it seems to be is some Fallout Tactics like game with 21 missions to do. Probably has no strategy part like Xcom and similar games.

Choose from a plentora of fighters and improve them with self-crafted weapons and armors, bionic limbs or performance-enhancing drugs. With genetic mutations, you can enhance your fighters even further to be feared close combat grappler, snipers or allrounders to die in the post-apocalyptical prison of the Intergalactic Cable Network!

The intro music to that Steam video is also p. fucking sweet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/625820/Bionic_Battle_Mutants/

Thanks Lhynn, Roqua. Wishlisted. I just hope it's not just a MP type game.

EDIT: According to the devs the SP is p. fleshed out. Also, looks like they're using Fallout as some of the art inspiration. It's not exactly aping it, but i can see the inspiration behind it:

ss_3f4399276ee7c1b63a1a54570f6afb0b232e2c75.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1d2e48cfa78e95b493aa8b283a56dd96b91dfb2e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3955872712bf32bdb1df5092207bcf123b2f2228.1920x1080.jpg
Those things don't make it a RPG. Because in that case Xcom is RPG and so is JA2.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jagged Alliance 2 is one of the best RPGs ever. It features character development, story, quests, exploration, inter-party dialog, tactical combat (based on stats) etc.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
More like people who have a clue about anything started noticing how the game is nothing but a watered down set of smoke and mirrors where even something like combat initiative is a fucking sham.

But you can go ahead and let your limited German mindset take over as always and keep bleeting "BAAH! BAAAAAH! FASCISTS! ALT-RIGHT!"

DOS2 is a fucking shit game, but this being the Codex I fully expected it to get first place in the vote because the people around here are completely fucking clueless, and the moment they see pretty graphixxx and turn-based combat they start creaming themselves. But the way it scored SO HIGH managed to surprise even myself.

What a joke.

Still, combat is way better than in any non-indie RPG that came out in 2017. Changing the initative systemm,speeding up the animations, and HP/armor mechanics,and the combat would be perfect.

How on earth a game so dull like Prey, with 4 different enemies, the most boring tree system, a simplistic combat and a story that wouldn't even cut the first exam of writing sci-fi 101 can be second?

Is this codex for serious? Is this real life?

Will codex connoisseurs commit a collective seppuku? Or will they continue to dabble in a pleb's manure the codex has become?

All this Jasede and Co DOS2 trolling kinda reminds me of those people who cried about Zevran romance in DAO, or that what was his name - Anders? - forced them into buttsex romance in DA2, or people saying that they just was trying to be nice with characters in ME and that led to a sex scene, etc. Granted, DAO was only good for what it is, and DA2 was shit, but even Bioware didn't force the player to fuck someone, and it was entirely possible to play the game without engaging in romance. And we are talking about Bioware, who made the romance their staple feature. In DOS2, at least when playing with friends, romance isn't forced on anyone.

Its just jasede who wants homosex, he "accidentaly" keeps playing, again and again and again, and the gay romance option just "magically" keeps appearing:lol:

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
re: JA2,

5150-jagged-alliance-2-windows-inside-cover.jpg

:shredder: Vast story. Huge world. Tons of quests and side content. Characters that evolve and interact based on where they are or who they're with. Strategy screen literally roleplays someone managing a merc front via deep web internet. Tactical screen for talking to people and shooting them in turn-based tactical combat. That's more RPG than most RPGs I see today.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, terrible results are terrible, the Codex is getting worse indeed. On the plus side, not much about Pillars of Derp nor Numonera. Will Roxor write more aggressive reviews to compensate?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Bwhahahahahahhhh... a shameful poll! Also, Destiny 2 /facepalm

It's no wonder Codexia is getting more like reddit every year :lol::lol::lol: with low-standard people cum-garglers such as felipepe the social justice warrior-hipster lvl 27 and Incuckitron, a sexually repressed jew / obsidian shill and Sawyer's pet cuckold slave lvl 30.

Nuke it before it spreads

Last edited:

Pizzashoes

Scholar

This bothers me. Not the autistic fucktard part since it is something dumb people say, and its like me calling Einstein bad at math. But saying I am only more monocled than half the codex is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard. What retard little kid game console rock have you been hiding under? I am far, far more monocled than 100% of the codex. I have proven time and time again, throughout time and history and consistency, that I am the fucking monocle. The only monocle that truth and reason and civilization and sanity can be viewed through. My scientifically proven impeccable taste is part of the monocle, and the rest can be felt from my toes through my glorious testicles up to my face.

And Mustwad - I didn't recommend it to anyone so don't thank me.
In the wild internet slang, you are a faggot. It's okay. It goes with the territory.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Logic Artists are cool dudes. My friend really liked one of their older games, Clandestine. Cool of them to really even acknowledge the site in such a way, I might just buy one of their games now.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
If only the members of this community liked rpgs more of them would have played Expedition Vikings and realized it was a great crpg. But they were too busy playing console games made for children and very stupid people with shitty taste and child-like minds.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, it was buggy as hell on release which put off a lot of people.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Well, it was buggy as hell on release which put off a lot of people.

It also wasn't a slightly interactive Anime game made specifically for children and consoles which put almost all the codex community off. It also wasn't some hipster shit like Pyre and Undertail that put the rest of the community off.

Mustawd

It also wasn't a slightly interactive Anime game made specifically for children and consoles which put almost all the codex community off. It also wasn't some hipster shit like Pyre and Undertail that put the rest of the community off.

Did a pokemon rape your mom or something? Cuz you really hate that game.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Did a pokemon rape your mom or something? Cuz you really hate that game.

Its all the kids games just like pokeman in this poll. I highlighted pokeman because the poll creator and site leader stated that he thinks pokeman is the best rpg ever. So pokeman is a specific insult and reminder to him. I like crpgs, which are made for adults and are too confusing for 6 year olds and even most young adults. This site used to be for people like me. Now it is for kids console game fans - rpg elements or no.

I really find it hard to understand how this has not been realized by you and your like. I literally repeat this ad nauseum and it just isn't clicking. This site is supposed to be for adults with adult and sophisticated tastes in real crpgs, and was at one point. Now it is a kids game site for literal children and retarded adults. Enemies of my hobby. This is easy stuff. No wonder I am so hated, if people lack even the extremely low cognitive ability needed to follow even the most basic and self-evident information I am putting down.

Let me say it this way - lets say you joined a sci-fi book fan site. And then all the actual sci-fi book fans were replaced by child fantasy Anime fans. You could leave or try and change shit. I decided to change shit. I want more Larry Niven, Asimov, Dick, and Heinlein and you guys want more Anime for toddlers that is not even close to actual sci-fi.

Join the resistance or get the fuck off this site and go play with your My Little Ponies and Final Fantasy whatever.

Black

Arcane
Remember how Dragon Age won GOTY here and you thought it could only get better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom