Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #44: Eye Candy Compilation, Backer Beta Update 2 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Obsidian have published the first Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig update for 2018. Once again, it coincides with the release of a beta update the day before. The main highlight of the new beta is the addition of the ship system, including crew management and naval combat on the world map. But the new Fig update isn't about that. Instead it's simply a restatement of the recent release date announcement, along with the obligatory Katrina Garsten video, this time showcasing some of the game's graphical improvements. The surprise ending might be inspired by Alfred Hitchcock, or maybe by Realms Beyond:

According to the update, Pillars of Eternity II keys should be available to backers on the backer portal now, though it looks like they haven't showed up yet. The next update, which will describe the new ship system, will be published in a few weeks.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Gotta say the art and graphics people really took the visuals to the next level. By themselves a lot of these changes may seem subtle, but combined together I'm sure it will make the game world really come alive.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Developer idles: doodle in a notebook when the camera isn't rolling. Then awkwardly hold it when it is.
Graphics look nice.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What the hell are you people going on about?

ov7HBEo.png

918Oe4N.png

This looks great? It looks like a low-poly 3D game with shitty low-res textures.

Eye-candy. :lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's endlessly amusing how whenever there is a post saying anything bad about anything PoE you can expect to see a rating from Infinitron under it.
The butthurt in this guy is amazing.

Sorry bro, that's what 3D games looked like 7 years ago.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
It's endlessly amusing how whenever there is a post saying anything bad about anything PoE you can expect to see a rating from Infinitron under it.

It's all about the wolf chasing his tail, no 3D game has achieved such a feat.:lol:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It looks amazing for an isometric RPG. What are you smoking and can I have some?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I wish I could say the same about your posts under anything non-bad about PoE, which are just boring.

It's an update about PoE2's visual flair improvements over the previous game. "Eye candy" is a correct description, regardless of whether you're impressed by the overall level of graphical quality. New particle effects in a Spiderweb Software sequel would also be eye candy.

Sentinel

Arcane

I wish I could say the same about your posts under anything non-bad about PoE, which are just boring.

It's an update about PoE2's visual flair improvements over the previous game. "Eye candy" is a correct description, regardless of whether you're impressed by the overall level of graphical quality. New particle effects in a Spiderweb Software sequel would also be eye candy.
Hey bro, if you're not too busy sucking Obsidian off, can you go post on the News section about the Kingdom Come Deliverance news and trailer? Thanks!

Unwanted

Pequod

Unwanted
Pillars was borderline unreadable with standard party 2 casters and semi transparent effects. Imagine this:
XALpjma.png

OBtpecj.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom