Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jezal_k23

Isn't there one in the backer beta? I haven't played it so I'm not sure, but if so, how difficult is the fight?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that I'm going through a Triple Crown run, I must say that the removal of per-rest spells does feel like decline. The combat in the beta is a bit more mindless due to that, you just spam everything you have in every encounter and some abilities become really overpowered, like Cat Flurry. You can only use the special Spiritshift abilities once per rest in P1, but you can use them every time in P2 while I don't think it's nerfed in any way. Having said that, many encounters in the beta seem deadlier than everything in Gilded Vale up to Temple of Eothas and Raedric's. Either that or my party was pretty bad in the beta, so they felt deadlier because of that.

Sizzle

Arcane
The quest with the Engwithan Titan is part of the critical path, and is, unless you opt for content scaling, easier than most other encounters in the BB.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If the critical path provides any challenge whatsoever, even with upscaling. Even when my party was ridiculously shit and almost non-viable I blazed through the critical path, with the exception of the last fight in the Beyond, which would've been impossible with the party I had if Spiritual Weapon wasn't bugged up the butt and doing insane damage. Speaking of bugs, they really should drop the next beta update.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New secret codes: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95782-worldofeternity-funny-business-speculation/?p=1973519

Alrighty folks, just found a fourth code to torment us:

https://imgur.com/5GHQhv9
5GHQhv9l.jpg

cCedpo

Edit: Here's where it came from.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95782-worldofeternity-funny-business-speculation/?p=1974499

So far it's BtF6nW w6Pd2u SHbEXB cCedpo 8twCgw.

I don't get it. They've already announced the date.

This is really odd. Don't we have any code breakers here? Get this thing going.

It's a countdown to the delay.

lol

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If the critical path provides any challenge whatsoever, even with upscaling. Even when my party was ridiculously shit and almost non-viable I blazed through the critical path, with the exception of the last fight in the Beyond, which would've been impossible with the party I had if Spiritual Weapon wasn't bugged up the butt and doing insane damage. Speaking of bugs, they really should drop the next beta update.
The Beyond fight kind of surprised me with the difficulty. It is not that it was impossible, but it felt like a definite step up from the other critical path fights.

Elex

Arbiter
We can't get one good fight in whole games, and you are basically arguing "what's the ideal number of good fights before rest". Sigh.

EDIT: Talking generally about the vancian/resting system, in light of the discussion above. I never understood why a fight should be trying to reduce my resources instead of outright kill me.
well sending waves after waves of minion for consume the resource of the hero is a legittimate evil mastermind tactic.

Sizzle

Arcane
The Beyond fight kind of surprised me with the difficulty. It is not that it was impossible, but it felt like a definite step up from the other critical path fights.

The only other difficult fight in that dungeon was that optional battle against the Engwithan Saint.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The only other difficult fight in that dungeon was that optional battle against the Engwithan Saint.

Well, it depends. If you have enough damage to rush him down, the minions he spawns die immediately.

With the party I had (Skaen Priest MC, Lifegiver Druid, Evoker Wizard, Beckoner Chanter and Paladin/Berserker tank) it felt impossible without using Spiritual Weapon, I tried many times without using it, but I couldn't do it, I lacked damage and CC and I couldn't control the battlefield due to there being so many mobs.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you use customized characters, it's fairly easy to get through all the content. The default party is kinda crappy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I used a custom party, yet it was shit because casters are shit. I couldn't pass any of the checks to make the fight easier, too. The Evoker was baggage who did 10% of the damage of the MC, while the Chanter took far too long to build up phrases to summon stuff, so the damage was very sinusoidal and simply not enough. I should've built the Chanter to be an off-tank as well, but I didn't know how much I'd miss an off-tank when I created him. The Evoker loses access to a LOT of good spells, mostly CCs, while not providing the damage it's supposed to be specialized in. Lifegiver can off-tank for a bit, while the Spiritshift is active, but after that it's mostly healing. Not only does the party feel limited due to the 5 characters max thing, but the casters themselves feel limited due to the abysmal selection of spells they have access to, so I predict some parties hitting a brick wall where it's literally impossible to beat a fight because you simply don't have the tools required to do it.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

The Engwithan Saint definitely is harder, but the final fight still took me by surprise. I brought a Soulblade/Devoted, a custom tank, and default party members. The enemy gunners did far more damage than I anticipated (killed my custom tank). I used the boots that grant leap, so that my Soublade could jump over the enemy melee and attack the ranged (those boots are amazing). Still, I ran out of heals and it came down to the default party tank versus the last ranged enemy.

The Evoker was baggage who did 10% of the damage of the MC,
Transmuter master race confirmed.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Transmuter master race confirmed.

The whole Wizard class is trash tier, there is no master race among them. Unless you want to be the king of garbage, but that title is reserved for the Evoker. Yes, it's the best Wizard subclass atm, you can imagine how awful the others are.

I assume the beta gave no real clues as to the main story of the game?

No. Eothas isn't mentioned at all. It also depends on what you mean by "main story", the "main" quest in the beta concerns a Vailian expedition who went to find the new *very special* adra, but failed, so you have to go in and do it properly.

Sizzle

Arcane
I assume the beta gave no real clues as to the main story of the game?

Other than that you will probably be hunting down Luminous Adra for other factions - not really.

Though they confirmed that you will be able to stumble on quests without getting them beforehand. The very first conversation in the BB is an example of this: there's a Vailian option you don't meet the requirements for (similar to the PoE1 BB, where you couldn't have 2 Honesty, or whatever, needed to unlock some conversations), you can lie that you were sent by the VTC, or ask what the NPC is talking about.

Ulfhednar

Savant
If you get rid of either faction in the Beyond fight by talking one side or the other down, it's not a big jump in difficulty from the rest of the critical path. Taking them both on at the same time can be challenge.

Lacrymas

Arcane
How can you talk down the natives? I tried bringing up the main guy's daughter and the Vailian's plans, but nothing came out of it.

Fredward

Scholar
I'm doing my canon playthrough of PoE1 as a death godlike but they chose the head I hate the most to port over, anyone know if they're gonna bring in the others?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm doing my canon playthrough of PoE1 as a death godlike but they chose the head I hate the most to port over, anyone know if they're gonna bring in the others?

Even if they don't, you can just copy the portrait images from PoE1's folder.

Sizzle

Arcane

Pretty sure that there will be at least 3 heads per Godlike and gender - just like in PoE1.

Fredward

Scholar

Even if they don't, you can just copy the portrait images from PoE1's folder.

Good to know but even if I did replace the portrait the model would still be this:

death_godlike-poe2.jpg

Which raise questions like: can you comfortably fit eating utensils in that gap? Do you have drink all your liquids from a sippy cup? Is brushing your teeth a challenge? How do you wear shirts? Do you have to sleep on your sides? Do you have to sleep on beds without headrests and moved away from walls? How often do you get stuck in doorways? Do horns count against height restrictions when going to Disneyworld? Do they grow back? Have you convinced the rams that you are their god? Can you do a hornstand?

Lacrymas

Arcane
AFAIK their "extra appendages" are soft, they aren't as durable as a steel helmet. Eating and brushing your teeth wouldn't be a problem then, don't know about the shirt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom