Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
More like two and a half, but okay. It is conspicuous that Wasteland 3 didn't get an end-of-year update like Bard's Tale IV did. Maybe they're all in on BT4 right now.
They've probably moved all the effort and funding over to BT4, hoping it'll keep 'em floating long enough to funnel money from BT4 to WL3 later.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More like two and a half, but okay. It is conspicuous that Wasteland 3 didn't get an end-of-year update like Bard's Tale IV did. Maybe they're all in on BT4 right now.
They've probably moved all the effort and funding over to BT4, hoping it'll keep 'em floating long enough to funnel money from BT4 to WL3 later.

Don't think it works like that, the games are being developed in two separate studios.

But they've only got one PR/community manager guy and it might be easier for him to focus on one game at a time.

circ

Arcane
Wasteland 3 release: In a stadium in Minneapolis, blinding lights, Fargo enters the stage. Gathered are thousands of Wasteland 3 supporters. They each get a clear plastic tube connected at the other end to a toilet seat at the stage. Fargo smiles. WELCOME, he says into a microphone. I'M HERE TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF WASTELAND 3. He undoes his pants, sits on the toilet seat, the supporters put the tubes between their lips.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah. If there’s nothing worthwhile to say, no need to say anything.

On the other hand, sea has been unusually active lately asking opinions about gameplay stuff.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sure, but I mean, it's been what.. 3 months since we heard anything from the last update? Surely they could just make a small update post about how's things, even if there's nothing majorly to announce or talk about?
Compared to the other fig/kickstarters, 3 months with no news, is kind of odd regardless.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

On the other hand, sea has been unusually active lately asking opinions about gameplay stuff.
Normally, I would agree that "If there's nothing to say, there's no need to say anything", but when it comes to projects like this, you really should say something, even if it's just playing it cool and clarifying that everything is on track.

Not doing so when expected just leads to speculation and poor PR.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Normally, I would agree that "If there's nothing to say, there's no need to say anything", but when it comes to projects like this, you really should say something, even if it's just playing it cool and clarifying that everything is on track.

Not doing so when expected just leads to speculation and poor PR.

Sure, there’s truth to that. But I’m more referring to the lameness and triviality of the previous updates that sounded exactly like forcing some semi-random stuff out because they felt something ”had” to be said.

It can even have a negative effect for alerting people that ’hey we have something here’, and then it turns out like ’wow, it’s fucking nothing... again’.

I’d much rather see a well cooked and interesting update that actually tells me something and gives me something to think about, than a ”we’re still here peeps, no worries, here’s a bit of random trivia” -one that we’ve been getting so far.

I think people do appreciate that more than more frequent reassurances that the thing is still alive with very little to say.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A news post that gives you an update on the update. :hmmm:

Well, while I'm here, if anyone at inXile is still paying attention to this thread, please license Radioactive Dreams by Sue Saad and the Next and include it somewhere in Wasteland 3. Given its obscurity, I doubt it'll cost much.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Another :hmmm: given that it's going to take a year or more for it to actually come out.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Honest question here. I still don’t understand is what really happens during the game development of inXile. Can’t cRPG writers implement their own quests and as a result they need to rely on walls of text dissociated from gameplay? Is that it?

Grab the Codex by the pussy
I liked jamming, no idea why there was so much whining about it.
People were dumb/ignorant and not putting all their points into weapon skills at character creation and not putting jam reducing mods on their guns asap. I never had a jamming problem.
What is retarded is that luck should govern the frequency of jams, but it doesn't. Right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom