Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it's one of the few good MMOs, really.
Most likely because the first M is actually not that massive. Get a group of friends together and do some dungeons. It's fun.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I just installed this expecting a standard MMO with garbage like cooldowns, and I have to say I am extremely impressed at how they implemented the 3.5 rules into the game. I wasn't expecting it to be faithful at all and I was positively surprised. Also the concept of failing a quest, or telling an NPC how you're gonna approach certain cituation and then having to do it that way, the traps and shit. I'm really liking it enough to consider subscribing (there don't seem to be a lot of incentives to do this compared to LOTRO for example).
If you're on Argonessen, what's your nickname?

Sentinel

Arcane
I just installed this expecting a standard MMO with garbage like cooldowns, and I have to say I am extremely impressed at how they implemented the 3.5 rules into the game. I wasn't expecting it to be faithful at all and I was positively surprised. Also the concept of failing a quest, or telling an NPC how you're gonna approach certain cituation and then having to do it that way, the traps and shit. I'm really liking it enough to consider subscribing (there don't seem to be a lot of incentives to do this compared to LOTRO for example).
If you're on Argonessen, what's your nickname?
I'm on Orien.

Sentinel

Arcane
You lads have the guild on Argonessen? Is it active? I'll just start on a new char anyway if I sub, wanna go Druid, so changing server wouldn't really be a problem.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
You lads have the guild on Argonessen? Is it active? I'll just start on a new char anyway if I sub, wanna go Druid, so changing server wouldn't really be a problem.
Yeah, there's a guild but the activity is very low. Still, I'd run a dungeon or two with you if you move there.

Red Rogue

Learned
Hey all, I joined up on Argonessen. Still figuring things out so I just made a human paladin. Most guides I watched suggested that as a good starter class.

Name is:
Dumaine Johnson

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Getting an error that those character's don't exist for some reason. Might be easier to send the invite when you're online.

Edit: Used only the first names and didn't get an error, guess it worked? D: Check your in-game mailboxes.

Sentinel

Arcane
Getting an error that those character's don't exist for some reason.
I wasn't online. That probably affects things. I am online now though.

exIyMc.png

Red Rogue

Learned
Social system doesn't seem very intuitive, I wasn't able to receive any sort of invite.

Also anyone else getting a washed out/grey picture? I bumped up the settings and fiddled with the options but couldn't seem to fix it.

Sentinel

Arcane
Social system doesn't seem very intuitive, I wasn't able to receive any sort of invite.

Also anyone else getting a washed out/grey picture? I bumped up the settings and fiddled with the options but couldn't seem to fix it.
Try checking your mailbox, both tabs. When I logged in I noticed I had an email with an invite to the guild. Ended up being useless because I was invited immediately afterwards anyway.
Don't know what you mean by washed out picture.

last time i tried this it refused to launch, and now i'm bored enough i can give it another chance.
suggestions for viable solo builds? can it still be played for free or did it go deeper and deeper into p2w territory?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom