Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I hate marksmen with siege crossbows that one shots your dudes...I'm going to add steel brow perk to every bro i have, that's just a must have. The 5% chance is always somewhere there lurking for the right time.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Get it for your lightly (head)armored range bros, but your frontliners with 250+ helmets and 'Battleforged' can live without it.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
These guys defeat any idea of light armored troopers in late game. On higher difficulty levels.

Also I find some little game.
Star Traders Frontiers.
Rather simple but have really great faction system with contacts that offer varied services and missions and kind of faction dynamics as they can gain influence in factions. Neat and I wish that something like that was in BB.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yeah but the combat in this one looks like the combat of Darkest Dungeon aka decline
It isn’t, and there is ship to ship combat as well as crew combat, which you’re referring to. Oh and the 4 crew members you fight with? You select them from a crew of up to 40 (ship size permitting) each with their own class, classes (aka multiclass), stats, items and perks (aka traits) of which there is a pool of over 250... so yeah, the only similarity to DD is the 4v4 look. It is much better, and not even part of the central game loop.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Yeah but the combat in this one looks like the combat of Darkest Dungeon aka decline

Combat in DD is bretty gut what is not good is logistic behind it. And other things.

It isn’t, and there is ship to ship combat as well as crew combat, which you’re referring to. Oh and the 4 crew members you fight with? You select them from a crew of up to 40 (ship size permitting) each with their own class, classes (aka multiclass), stats, items and perks (aka traits) of which there is a pool of over 250... so yeah, the only similarity to DD is the 4v4 look. It is much better, and not even part of the central game loop.

Quality>Quantity
It look like work in progress and feel like it.
Its not bad but far from good especially considering that you can face enemy at your lowest point that will smash your face.
It also lack good manual and some tooltips making it little frustrating.
And reputation loss can be pretty unforgiving.
Still not bad little game.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Complaints about Star Traders Frontiers in a Battle Brothers thread are like complaining about the salad at mcdonalds: The criticism might be accurate, but it's missing the point.

STF would have been amazing with a BB-style tactical layer. Or a Templars Battleforce style tactical layer, their last game. But it doesn't and it won't.

BB would have been amazing with a STF-like dynamic world where player actions actually mattered. But it doesn't and it won't.

We can only put our faith in Phoenix Point

You know who is to blame for this? I do not thinks that I need to spell it for you.

On seriously note - its not complains just observations. But yeah BB tactical combat with political layer of STF would be great.
Seriously SFT with BB style combat(where brothers count as ships and dogs as AI attack crafts) would be great too.
Damn.
Oasis you are real mood breaker you know.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
STF would have been amazing with a BB-style tactical layer. Or a Templars Battleforce style tactical layer, their last game. But it doesn't and it won't.
Their initial kickstarter pitch floated the idea of away team missions which would have used Templar Battleforce combat system, but they rolled that into crew combat instead.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've put down the game for now. I liked the 25 hours I have spent with the game, but I will give it a break for a month or two. Repetition is kicking in in a way that makes me feel like most things are samey.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've put down the game for now. I liked the 25 hours I have spent with the game, but I will give it a break for a month or two. Repetition is kicking in in a way that makes me feel like most things are samey.
"For now" ... game's not going to be different in a month or two. Or ever.
A hot fudge sundae every few months is a treat and a delight. Sitting down to eat 5 in a row is a different story.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
A hot fudge sundae every few months is a treat and a delight. Sitting down to eat 5 in a row is a different story.

Yeah. Only 5 is definitely not enough. That are rookie numbers. You gonna go big or you gonna end hungry for more.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You're absolutely right. I want to finish it. I'm just taking a break for some time. After that, I can return and play 15-20 hours. Not a big problem. Compare that to Darkest Dungeon; a game I never intend to return to.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You're absolutely right. I want to finish it. I'm just taking a break for some time. After that, I can return and play 15-20 hours. Not a big problem. Compare that to Darkest Dungeon; a game I never intend to return to.
How are you going to "finish" it? There is no such thing. There is no end. BB is a state of mind man

Arulan

Cipher
It may not have been everything they promised, but I played it for 230+ hours, and felt it was one of the highlights of the year for me. The combat is very satisfying, in large part thanks to the fantastic enemy design. This may not be the case for everyone, but I find myself remembering a lot of the heroics (and sacrifices) of my brothers still.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yup, I have 300+ hours in my account (ok not alone but still) and still whenever I read a bit about the game I immediately get in the mood again.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
I clocked in 200+ hours on BB and was the first early access game I bought. It's definitely had an effect on my own game, Overhype actually tweeted about Dead Monarchy and reading that tweet was better than sex itself, or at least close to it.

EDIT: Probably an understatement, BB is one of the biggest influences. Don't worry though, it's not the Chinese BB.

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
kangaroos and abos would be goblins and orcs. Emus and extinct birds returning from the grave as the undead faction. Royal houses would consist of bogans as the foot soldiers and wild life reserve employees as the nobles. Lyndwurms are oversized crocs or land stingrays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom