Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
pretty sure henry is modeled after the actor portraying him

MV5BNjYxNTI4MDcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQzNDI4MTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Looks like a canthoplasty ad.

whoever decided to make nights soo dark have never been outside a city in his life and doesn't know how light it is during the night.

Depends on the weather, the phases of the moon, the terrain and the environment. It does actually get absolutely pitch black in the middle of nowhere without the moon, on terrain that doesn't reflect much light. I have had that experience quite a lot in the family village back in 80s and 90s; real old school type rural areas. Some nights, it was a matter of moments before your eyes adjusted to the darkness and you started seeing around in the dark. Then, some nights, the adjustment never came.

Even in the middle of Berlin, walking through a garden colony (large areas of leased plots for urban gardening) at night can be dauntingly dark despite being in a large city. On a typically cloudy night, it is easy to see around as the clouds diffuse the city lights and reflect them back on the ground. Under a clear sky without a moon, however, I hardly see where I'm going, with the only thing guiding me being the silhouettes of huts and trees that I have become familiar with.

Edit: "Disagreeing" with actual experience? LEL

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I hope you will be able to play the game in sandbox mode, also with repeatable quests. If we get a kickass tightly knitted story with interesting world dynamic and changes, then i wouldnt even mind the sandbox mode. Make some interesting plot with treason, cunning plots, with group of interests, but also about a human decency in time of deceit and war. Play on emotions, make people immerse in characters, and genuinely hate some of them.You might not have the AAA studio funding, but the story can be great.

Im quite hyped for the game. I hope they will make more chapters/sequels with added maps, maybe something resembling the witcher expansions, so adding new maps. Although proper sequels are a better idea IMHO.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Depends on the weather, the phases of the moon, the terrain and the environment. It does actually get absolutely pitch black in the middle of nowhere without the moon, on terrain that doesn't reflect much light. I have had that experience quite a lot in the family village back in 80s and 90s; real old school type rural areas. Some nights, it was a matter of moments before your eyes adjusted to the darkness and you started seeing around in the dark. Then, some nights, the adjustment never came.

Even in the middle of Berlin, walking through a garden colony (large areas of leased plots for urban gardening) at night can be dauntingly dark despite being in a large city. On a typically cloudy night, it is easy to see around as the clouds diffuse the city lights and reflect them back on the ground. Under a clear sky without a moon, however, I hardly see where I'm going, with the only thing guiding me being the silhouettes of huts and trees that I have become familiar with.
Yeah cloudy and no moon is very dark. Still most normal nights is pretty visible and a counter point could be that on full moon and very clear sky it is very well illuminated. Also it is normal that in the cities there is no moon light. The cities's lights are preventing it from having an effect. Still in medieval times there was no light pollution like in the modern days.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
As the autistic screeching becomes louder ,our numbers grow! :incline:
240px-Celtic_Crosses.svg.png

That's a pretty half-assed magic circle. to be honest. I would require at least a pentagram, not this wimpy cross crap. It also looks too much like a reticule. Overall, I'd give it around 1/10.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's a pretty half-assed magic circle. to be honest. I would require at least a pentagram, not this wimpy cross crap. It also looks too much like a reticule. Overall, I'd give it around 1/10.
Shush you,it is hidden in the lower layers and it just looks transparent.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
One thing this game does which I wanted for RPGs to do since over 20 years is that people react to your armor. They comment based on the armor type your wear.

Xeon

Augur
I think Fallout had a simplified version of that, you can wear power armor and kids get scared, some npcs comment on it and if you wear a faction armor you can pose as them iirc.

The video also mentioned the state of the armor so if its clean/dirty or maybe damaged if that's a thing. That kinda feels a little bit like larping tho.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
One thing this game does which I wanted for RPGs to do since over 20 years is that people react to your armor. They comment based on the armor type your wear.

Dragon Knight III did that decades ago.

If you walk around naked, that is :obviously:

Already present in Morrowind with people attitude changing according to prize of your clothes, whever you wear ordinator or legion armor, caring the relics and if naked. This is why Oblivion was such :decline: among many others; the fact you were not allowed to wear clothes, armor over them of it and robe on top of both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom