Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is a year of patching expected? Seems so going through the thread here...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt they can fit in more than 2 beta updates in that time, one in the near future and one a month before the release probably. Unless they've changed a lot for the next update, don't expect combat that makes sense on release.

Quillon

Arcane
The Obsidian Edition is priced at $74.99 for the digital version, and includes everything that comes in the Deluxe Edition as well as the first three DLC expansions for Pillars of Eternity II, which each cost $9.99 to purchase separately, although these will not be available for separate purchase until the game’s official launch.

What kinda expansions these will be? Already planned and priced...

Sizzle

Arcane
What kinda expansions these will be? Already planned and priced...

No info yet (Sawyer said it would be nice to visit Naasitaq, but I'm not so sure if they'll go that way - seems too similar to The White March), but it's interesting that there will be three of them (to start with).

Sizzle

Arcane
Didn't Sawyer also say he wasn't gonna direct any of the post-release DLC & future PoE titles?

Yes.

Here's what the GOG preorder page says about the DLCs:

DLC Content Packs #1-3: Robust content expansions to the base game that will add new areas, new experiences, new items, and expand the world of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. (post-launch content, a $30 value)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Obsidian contracted for the new Call of Duty game!!! They are going in the big league now.

Anyway,Tranny sold that poorly because Paradox is a shit publisher. I wouldn't even knew that the game existed if i didn't play/watched EU games.

Jezal_k23

Well, it is coming out sooner than I expected. I guess they already had a really huge chunk of work done by the time they announced it. I just hope they can get the combat in a decent state by release.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://eternity.obsidian.net/news/...eadfire-launch-date-announced-pre-orders-open

PILLARS OF ETERNITY II: DEADFIRE LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNCED, PRE-ORDERS OPEN!
News | January 25, 2018 9:00 AM

Irvine, California – January 25th, 2018 - Independent developer Obsidian Entertainment, in partnership with indie powerhouse publisher Versus Evil announced the launch of pre-orders today for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Consumers can now digitally pre-order the Standard , Deluxe, and Obsidian Editions through Obsidian.net, GOG.com, and Steam, as well as other digital retailers. The physical Obsidian Edition of the game, which includes additional in-game content and physical items for gamers to enjoy, is available for pre-order at all major gaming retail stores.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will launch April 3, 2018 on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux platforms.

deadfire-captains-footlocker.jpg

By pre-ordering the Standard, Deluxe, or Obsidian Edition, fans will receive three unique in-game digital items:
  • St. Drogga's Skull – Crafted from a sabre and the skull of a martyr, it will slash and burn enemies in combat, while also guiding players through the darkest reaches of the Deadfire.
  • Beakhead, the Hawk (In-Game Pet): Beakhead, the white hawk, took a liking to your ship soon after you arrived in the Deadfire. Captains in the Deadfire are only as effective as their crew, and with this jaunty first-mate by your side, you're bound to find success at sea.
  • The Black Flag: This flag is said to have been flown by a mysterious and rowdy band of seadogs from a far-off land, who dyed their sails black with a stain made from ground-up dragon glass. Dark and intimidating, but somehow attractive, nonetheless.
deadfire-preorder-ingame.gif

The standard edition of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will cost $49.99, digital and physical retail, while the Deluxe Edition will be priced at $59.99. The Deluxe Edition will include the game’s official soundtrack composed by Justin Bell, composer of the soundtrack to the first Pillars of Eternity. Additionally, the Deluxe Edition includes: an in-game pet, a Deadfire themed special in-game item, a digital pen and paper RPG starter guide, a high-resolution game map, and Volume II of the digital guide book, published by Dark Horse.

The Obsidian Edition is priced at $74.99 for the digital version, and includes everything that comes in the Deluxe Edition as well as the first three DLC expansions for Pillars of Eternity II, which each cost $9.99 to purchase separately, although these will not be available for separate purchase until the game’s official launch.

The physical version of the Obsidian Edition will cost $79.99, and will include the same content as its digital cousin, but also additional, physical rewards: a cloth map of the Deadfire region, an Explorer’s notepad, and a set of postcards that render the Deadfire Archipelago in beautiful detail.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is our first sequel here at Obsidian and we’ve created something incredible. At Obsidian, we are all about stories, worlds, and characters, and in Deadfire we’ve done it again with a vast open world explorable by the player’s own customizable ship, character customization with enough options to make any RPG player want to make a hundred characters, and an exciting narrative that truly delivers on the reactivity that makes our games special. We’re confident that new and returning players will find Deadfire to be the RPG experience of the year,” said Obsidian Entertainment CEO Feargus Urquhart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

:salute:

gosh this is such wonderful news to learn because it will give everyone two months to do another play of the first game or even just finish it off to prepare for the next leg with all the choices made brought over so all of us are going to have something different to experience based on our choices from Pillars! This is a lot like last year with all the energy starting to come in already seeing folks on the chatbox talking about it and this thread is already burning with activity but in case anyone does not know if you go right now and preorder on Josh's website you will see different prices on Steam or GOG so gogogo and get it now if you have not got it already from the figs event. :hug:omg wtf it is $93.59 on GOG for Obsidian Edition but cheaper on Steam $ 85.99!

Two months should be enouigh time too to fix the rain storms seen in those tweets with sun glare on the ocean waves and shadows on the deck because during a storm there is no sun unless it is a sun shower which is okay but just not all tht eim, still concerned about this system and deck shadows during rain storms. What will it be like right? Full sunny days and shadows on deck and sun reflections on the waves, light shadows during a sun shower and rainbow in the distance, no shadows on deck and no sun reflection on waves during a proper rain storm but what about wind right? Does sailing have days without wind and you are stuck in the middle of the ocean floating waiting for the wind and days go on by and you start to run out of food is that when you can eat people or have to eat people? I remember somethi ng about having to eat people. :?

Looking forward to the release trailer and new video and some jokes from Josh maybe a new Valentine day special video like last year with the picnic!
heart.png
heart.png

Thanks,
Sherry

Sentinel

Arcane
Hi!

:salute:

gosh this is such wonderful news to learn because it will give everyone two months to do another play of the first game or even just finish it off to prepare for the next leg with all the choices made brought over so all of us are going to have something different to experience based on our choices from Pillars! This is a lot like last year with all the energy starting to come in already seeing folks on the chatbox talking about it and this thread is already burning with activity but in case anyone does not know if you go right now and preorder on Josh's website you will get an automatic discount off from what is available on Steam or GOG so gogogo and get it now if you have not got it already from the figs event. :hug:

Two months should be enouigh time too to fix the rain storms seen in those tweets with sun glare on the ocean waves and shadows on the deck because during a storm there is no sun unless it is a sun shower which is okay but just not all tht eim, still concerned about this system and deck shadows during rain storms. What will it be like right? Full sunny days and shadows on deck and sun reflections on the waves, light shadows during a sun shower and rainbow in the distance, no shadows on deck and no sun reflection on waves during a proper rain storm but what about wind right? Does sailing have days without wind and you are stuck in the middle of the ocean floating waiting for the wind and days go on by and you start to run out of food is that when you can eat people or have to eat people? I remember somethi ng about having to eat people. :?

Looking forward to the release trailer and new video and some jokes from Josh maybe a new Valentine day special video like last year with the picnic!
heart.png
heart.png

Thanks,
Sherry
didnt read

polo

Magister
2 months of bug patching does not seem like much in the current state of the beta. (For what i have read about it).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
2 months of bug patching does not seem like much in the current state of the beta. (For what i have read about it).

The beta people are playing now came out over a month ago, so it's more like 3 months. And I suspect it's in much better shape than PoE1 was 3 months before its release.

Sizzle

Arcane
The beta people are playing now came out over a month ago, so it's more like 3 months. And I suspect it's in much better shape than PoE1 was 3 months before its release.

There are big issues with the combat and character system, but it's leagues above the mess that the PoE1 BB was.

polo

Magister

Thats not much to cheer about tho. But i mean, ofc it should be, its based on the same engine they worked on for some years now.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Oh, yeah, it's definitely better than in PoE's beta and launch. It's better because it's essentially the same system as 3.0, but a little different. Since they have such little time time left, I'm afraid they are going to overcompensate by overbuffing the casters to get them to a playable state at launch, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So, more than 3 DLCs?

I'd read that as "at least 3 DLCs". Remember Bastard's Wound was Tyranny's "first expansion" also. :P

But yeah, whether three or more than three, that does tell you something about the size of these things.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh, yeah, it's definitely better than in PoE's beta and launch. It's better because it's essentially the same system as 3.0, but a little different. Since they have such little time time left, I'm afraid they are going to overcompensate by overbuffing the casters to get them to a playable state at launch, though.
Good,no need for total balance. Casters should be nukes after all,not annoying garbage carriers.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's not so simple. It's not only that casters are underpowered, melee are overpowered compared to the content as well, not only compared to casters. If they try to buff casters to the level of the melee, the whole game will be one big snooze-fest. I think the combat is to the point of being good enough if the numbers as tweaked. They definitely won't have enough time to rework the Empower mechanic, which is where most of the problems lie, so melee will still have that over the casters, but it's going to be fine, not great or mind-blowing, but usable for now, they'll have time to tweak stuff more after it's released.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
Just a couple of months ago:

dlc-survey-slide-09.jpg

Respondents were very clear here, and their responses track with the bias toward content-based features in the previous question: people want bigger, deeper DLC for their money, not small stuff.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What the polls say doesn't mean that Obs are going to listen to them or base their decisions on that. It might be just for positive PR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom