Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite

Taking cues from Larian, I see.

Do you mean description of monster or weird lags in animation on start? Spellforce 3 had similar description for monsters. And glitches before strike should be fixed.

P.S. Someone can answer me, why twitter posts refuse to load on forum pages and I can see content only with "open new tab function"? Does anyone have same problem? Browser Mozilla (new version, on old version I had same problem). I asking because this post have very HIGH amount of twitter posts.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Taking cues from Larian, I see.

Do you mean description of monster or weird lags in animation on start? Spellforce 3 had similar description for monsters. And glitches before strike should be fixed.

P.S. Someone can answer me, why twitter posts refuse to load on forum pages and I can see content only with "open new tab function"? Does anyone have same problem? Browser Mozilla (new version, on old version I had same problem). I asking because this post have very HIGH amount of twitter posts.

What I mean is that Larian had constant bestiary updates on twitter.

About tweets not showing, I'd look in your browser's settings.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't show my hand like this on Twatter, I'd leave it all to be discovered by the players. Josh's twats, even though they can get obnoxious, and occasional backer updates are enough to push the free PR.

Glaucon

Prophet
why does sawyer make all these weird noises? is it a californian thing or justthis guy is a faggot?
It's an I've-been-involved-in-american-theater-programs thing (didn't sawyer stage a play in college?). Theater people on the local/community/amateur level are weird.

2house2fly

Magister
Just fucking release it already, a few more months of these Twatter micro-updates and I'm gonna pop a vein.

:rpgcodex:
Pillars 1's backer beta started 7 months before the game came out. Better go ahead and buy some thick new curtains to keep the sun glare off your screen when this bad boy launches in the summer.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Didn't check towns last time I made my claim which was a mistake considering how drastic the drop is

We've been over this before years ago.

Bester and I did some testing with the IE mod, and he coded a function to remove units from the map. The number of units on the map (and possibly 'complexity' of the models) is what causes the slowdowns. It doesn't matter if the units/characters are visible. Units being concealed in black fog of war makes some difference, but being present in the level is enough to cause a slowdown. Roby Atadero from Obsidian said that the lag itself appeared to be coming from the Unity Renderer during their testing. So the issue is the way they have made the character models is slow with the default unity renderer code.

They did say they were going to look at changing the pipeline but that was likely canned since it's not worth it in the sense that fixing the performance won't make any or much difference to sales.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Good thing they reduced the amount of trash mobs then. Speaking of the maps, I got the impression the plot critical maps are larger than they were in base PoE, while the optional areas a bit smaller. Either that or the waterfall zone with all the lagufaeth is so densely packed with mobs that it feels small. The other optional areas, like ambushes and the other island they implemented in the last beta build, are really small. I don't know what to think about that, ambush areas being small is fine, but the optional island consists of two maps, one of them is an ambush and the other is a very small interior area with only 1 fight in it.

Sizzle

Arcane
Speaking of the maps, I got the impression the plot critical maps are larger than they were in base PoE, while the optional areas a bit smaller. Either that or the waterfall zone with all the lagufaeth is so densely packed with mobs that it feels small. The other optional areas, like ambushes and the other island they implemented in the last beta build, are really small. I don't know what to think about that, ambush areas being small is fine, but the optional island consists of two maps, one of them is an ambush and the other is a very small interior area with only 1 fight in it.

Noticed that as well. I'm hoping it's more of a case of it being significantly larger than its predecessor, with many new areas, both big and small(er) - than it suffering from Storm of Zehir-style micro-dungeons.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
SoZ-sized locations would be pretty horrible, yes. But I hope it will be more of a mix. SOME small locations are okay.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Citation provided Infinitron

aojTOLU.png

Fortunately I still had the PM despite the low PM cap in the Obs boards

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually meant citation needed on them canning the fix. The new game's models are much more complex, so changing the pipeline would only become more necessary.

Quillon

Arcane
Apparently the 2 bestiary gifs contain codes: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95782-worldofeternity-funny-business-speculation/

BtF6nW w6Pd2u

and

Ethics Gradient said:
Also, Mikey dropped this hype grenade over on Discord:

[1:43 AM] MikeyDowling: Some
[1:43 AM] MikeyDowling: thing
[1:43 AM] MikeyDowling: is
[1:43 AM] MikeyDowling: coming
[1:44 AM] MikeyDowling: c
[1:44 AM] MikeyDowling: u
[1:44 AM] MikeyDowling: tomorrow

Would any possible reveal about anything of Deadfire atm worth this trouble? :P

---

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom