Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got lucky recently, did my first run of Xoph Domain in this league and he dropped the unique amulet lol. I bought a blessing and upgraded it. Now I could sell it for 330c or make a new character around it.. I decided to do the 2nd thing.

Everyone is doing Ngahamu Slayer Cycloners with it so I went another route. Juggernaut Oni-Goroshi Molten Striker focusing on accuracy and critical hits. 7500 life, more than million dps vs map bosses and 90% physical damage reduction.
Here is the PoB if you are interested: https://pastebin.com/2irvur11

Reinhardt

Arcane
Every single build of mine have less than 5k hp. I was like "this time i will be tanky for sure" and now i'm level 87 again and have 4,8k hp...
Still comfortable in red maps, but today twinned Piety with ele weakness and additional projectiles showed me i was too overconfident.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I also suck in HP, 4,3k and managed to kick out Elder from Basilica (red map of Tier15) today.
IIRC he's way stronger than Shaper so it might be fun run...

Now it's time to try complete these 4 Shaper's guardians but each map costs like 20c with exception of one (chimera for 15c) but I want to complete their bonus objectives and boy, it's one thing to screw your average maps, yellow or red ones but running Guardians' map with bad mods is another. Hope I won't burn our of money...

PS. farming without Bisco's Collar sux. Even other equipment sets won't compensate it...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I also suck in HP, 4,3k and managed to kick out Elder from Basilica (red map of Tier15) today.
IIRC he's way stronger than Shaper so it might be fun run...

Now it's time to try complete these 4 Shaper's guardians but each map costs like 20c with exception of one (chimera for 15c) but I want to complete their bonus objectives and boy, it's one thing to screw your average maps, yellow or red ones but running Guardians' map with bad mods is another. Hope I won't burn our of money...

PS. farming without Bisco's Collar sux. Even other equipment sets won't compensate it...
If you run Guardian maps just for the atlas bonus, just use transmutation orb on the map, then regal to rare, then hope for ok vaal. That way you get the least possible number of mods on a map and therefore the easiest guardian kill.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
If you want to kick the habit of making builds that die way too quickly, play hardcore for a week. You'll be scared to do Act10 Kitava with less than 4k HP, while you're doing red maps with the same amount right now. :MIt's going to teach you to look past gear/passives that marginally increases your DPS when there's some more survivability right around the corner.

ArchAngel

Arcane
My last character had 10700 ES and would die here and there on maps with tougher mods or certain situations. I cannot imagine how anyone with 4.3 or 4.8k hp survives anything in higher red maps.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
If you run Guardian maps just for the atlas bonus, just use transmutation orb on the map, then regal to rare, then hope for ok vaal. That way you get the least possible number of mods on a map and therefore the easiest guardian kill.
Yeah, I bough a pair of each maps and use that method cause it's safe like heck, for one of them and if that fizzle (deadly mods) or I waste all portals then I run mods free clean map for that key.

edit - took Chimera down, I got mods like Boss increased damage & area of effect (and vaaled corruption). It wasn't bad until fog phase, I got fukin' lucky with 2 quick finds out of 3, that one unlucky costs me 3 wasted portals.

Star in the center of Atlas looks better now.

edit2 - I did mentioned that "Red tier maps Elder is stronger than Shaper" which is actually crocshit. Sure, there might be HP difference (tiny, we're talking about multimillion HP leviathans) but that's it.
Don't believe anything wrote on PoE reddit and PoE forums.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Overleech and fast jumping around. Very fast jumping. But if there is nowhere to jump - i die.
Sounds too stressful for me. My Guardian just strolls around maps and waits for Flame Golems to kill stuff. So far I only had real problems fighting Minotaur with multiple damage mods map and only because his arena becomes super small once he puts in areas of rocks falling and lightning barriers turn on.

Beyond that, I had a few unexpected deaths again due to crazy map mods or my own stupidity (at one time decided to stand next to Lightning Arrow Exile debuffing her with EE and curses expecting golems to promptly murder her, but they decided to fight every other mob around first)

T. Reich

Arcane
I did the Elder in a t14 map. Sure, it's not a pseudo-t17 area that the Shaper is in, but the difference between the Elder and the Shaper was yuge (did both on the same high-end build) - the t14 Elder crumpled like a piece of paper, while the Shaper took a while to kill.
The t15 elder guardians also have nothing on the t1 shaper guardians.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea my experience with multiple characters is that Elder guardians and Elder himself are easier battles. But maybe that was the point so people that cannot farm Shaper can farm Elder.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And what's there to farm from Elder? scratch that, forgot about these influenced items...
People still chase the dream of getting Starforge and getting some buck from it/use it (until Oni-Goroshi became a thing).

T. Reich

Arcane
Elder farming has one big chase item - the unique prismatic jewel that can roll some insane aura-related mods.
Unfortunately, not only it is an extremely rare drop (did 10 elders, only found the gloves or the wand so far), its usefulness is also extremely RNG-gated, not unlike the Eyes of the Greatwolf unique talisman that used to drop from Rigwald (now can only be gotten via div cards).

The elder ammys can also sell for romething, but they're only really expensive because they're quite rare while also not being shit; their usefulness is rather niche right now.

If one wants to farm the elder-influenced items, then actually killing the elder or his guardians is one of the things you don't want to do - you want the elder's influence to persist, after all.

Reinhardt

Arcane
28a6ctz.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Goddamn, league ends on 26 Feb and I still have some things to do. Also, fucking liches they are so rare!
You got 1 month to do it all. That is more than enough. All I got left is two guardian fights and shaper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom