Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
There also won't be any classes in the game, so you can choose how you would like to approach each mission/quest.
Connecting classless systems to freedom of choice, lol. Very irresponsible thing to do, and a straight up lie!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It will probably get crucified in the main stream press by "gaming journalists".

I'm almost certain the mainstream reaction will be very positive. Most of the reviews will be like "there are some bugs and wonky animations but the world, setting and writing is impressive. 8/10". We may see a few 9/10s too.

But I think the Metacritic user score will be low and the Steam score "Mixed". There will be a lot of retards who'll get hyped by the inevitable Skyrim comparisons, will buy the game, realize there are no dragons and the plot is about complex geopolitical nuances in the 15th century Central Europe and proceed to reviewbomb the game on Metacritic and Steam.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That is true.

This must be hard for journos, they clearly don't like Vavra, but if the game is good and enjoyable...

jungl

Augur
first real mod. Turn henry into martin lawrence complete with football jersey and rest of his apparel and have all the females bangable with cards like the first witcher game.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
And I disagree with the notion that KCD is some "niche" game that should not sell. I mean, it is a first person open world RPG with great graphics. Pretty much the definition of mass market appealing game.

Mass "market appeal" is more complicated than that.

- non-fantasy setting
- low* magic
- no dragons or romances
- perceived as difficult to approach

Witcher for example had a very strong local market in Poland. Does similar one exist for this one in the Czech Republic?

An outlier is always a possibility, but you have to agree that the odds are stacked against Warhorse. From a business perspective, this is a high risk, low return kind of a project. Since it is kind of an untapped potential, there is the slim chance that suddenly it will sell tons of copies (see Legend of Grimrock).

*) boozemancy excluded

When it comes to marketing their trump card is the technical stuff(realistic combat with realistic physics, layered armor system etc...) which they have been focusing on somewhat(they pull the "never done before because of technical limitations" quite often). It doesn't have as much mass appeal as some of the stuff you listed but it does appeal to a relatively large number of people, which makes me doubt it will flop. I might be wrong though(I hope not).

Hobo Elf

Arcane

CreamyBlood

Arcane
You never know with such things,but i to am pessimistic. Hope that they go the way of the witcher and sell enough to make second game and build up a fan base.

Says the guy who brags about pirating everything.
And if it is worth a shit and have the money i buy it.

SNIP (snapshot of a GOG library that everyone already has)
I don't care that you bought a handful of super cheap games off of GOG. I don't care that you pirate, or how much or for what reasons, I'm not judgemental about it. We have whole threads on pirating for that.

While shitting up a million other threads in the last half-year, you've occasionally gone out of your way to brag about pirating and have been smug about it. And that's fine. I don't give a shit.

You pirated an ancient beta (which again, I don't care about) then made some comments on it like many others have in this thread, and that's great. Kind of irrelevant at this point and you seemed to be unaware of how old it is but it's pretty obvious that you often don't read the threads that you're posting in.

I'm just going by your previous posts, not whether you actually buy games that you've played for free after you deem them worthy.

My point was that when you go out of your way to brag about pirating and then say you hope that an entire company makes money off of the game that they've been working on for several years will be successful, it makes you look like a completely fucking retarded, hypocritical asshole. That's all that I meant.

From what I've seen without playing the beta, this is a probably one of the few games that I've looked forward to for the last many years. I'm going to buy it and if it's a good game then I too hope they'll be successful.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're too late fam. Codex website got circulated a lot during Gamergate on 4chan and probably on reddit as well.

Fucktons of redditors joined because of that post Decado made just after it all kicked off. It got linked and massively upvoted on one of the subreddits.

I also saw Codex being mentioned on loads of smaller forums at the time.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
i backed this game 4 years ago if it turns out to be shit i'll kill the codex
How?
Post a link on lereddit and 4chan so that even more alt-right shitposters will come to codex.

You mean post the link to Gaymanistan totally not internet Gestapo office Comrade? I doubt it will kill the Codex but it will make our Komaraden difficult to access it. As to game goes I would be interesting in buying it if I had comp able to run it in decent setting and I wish developers all the best... But if they will put womyn and negroes* in the sequel to appease SJWs I won't be silent.

*Unless its game about Joan D'Arc or St Maurice the medieval saint, roman soldier of Tebian Legion and martyr who could be from Ethiopia/Nubia.

Sequel put onto Husite word era with Henry Son would be blast but I doubt they would have balls to show the total madness of the period: Naked Cultist believing in Free Luve and purged by... tolerant Zizka Taborites, the raids of Hussites in which they burn cloisters even as far as in Potatoland and sacked cities. etc... Medieval Heart of Darkness.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i backed this game 4 years ago if it turns out to be shit i'll kill the codex
How?
Post a link on lereddit and 4chan so that even more alt-right shitposters will come to codex.
You're too late fam. Codex website got circulated a lot during Gamergate on 4chan and probably on reddit as well.
Yeah, since I joined I'd say that 90% of new users are "alt-right" trolls from such sources. It's easy to notice when their first post is always something edgy and racist/sexist/anti-sjw. It's also "fun" whenever anyone posts anything SLIGHTLY NOT alt-right-y how they suddenly all gather to shit-rate such posts. Takes usually a day or two until the "word goes out" but it works without fault.

What can I say, I keep coming here because I get info about RPGs and tacticool games really fast and because there is of course a small amount of intelligent and interesting individuals with whom I can discuss about my favorite hobby (right winged too, as long as they don't bust my balls with their opinions all the time I don't care). But it is getting harder

Last edited:
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think the reaction to Kingdom Come: Deliverance is going to be very similar to Mount & Blade. They are both gunning for a very similar audience. Will that be enough to carry Warhorse? I don't know.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It's easy to notice when their first post is always something edgy and racist/sexist/anti-sjw. It's also "fun" whenever anyone posts anything SLIGHTLY NOT alt-right-y how they suddenly all gather to shit-rate such posts. Takes usually a day or two until the "word goes out" but it works without fault.
While I hate such trolls as well, what you are saying is not possible as you need to be at least 1-year old member to rate posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom