Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Basic food is plentiful, I doubt you'll ever, ever run out of it. It's extremely cheap and the vendor has unlimited quantities of it. Unless they change that, I don't see how supplies will be an issue.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Basic food is plentiful, I doubt you'll ever, ever run out of it. It's extremely cheap and the vendor has unlimited quantities of it. Unless they change that, I don't see how supplies will be an issue.

That's easy: limit the amount that can be packed on a ship.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm kind of wary of the whole ship-management thing now, tbh, it seems unnecessary and a bit of a feature bloat. I think it will turn into pointless busywork of automatically going to a vendor to buy enough supplies and then stop thinking about it.

Btw, I haven't mentioned the load times yet. They are pretty great. Performance is kind of shitty, people are reporting uneven FPS even on a 1080ti.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm kind of wary of the whole ship-management thing now, tbh, it seems unnecessary and a bit of a feature bloat. I think it will turn into pointless busywork of automatically going to a vendor to buy enough supplies and then stop thinking about it.

Btw, I haven't mentioned the load times yet. They are pretty great. Performance is kind of shitty, people are reporting uneven FPS even on a 1080ti.

As a replacement to utterly pointless stronghold, ship management is great.

Sizzle

Arcane
If they can cram in enough entertaining and interesting ship-related content (mutinies, storms, spooky abandoned gallies, sunken treasure, etc.) - I won't mind a bit of busywork.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Mutinies, storms, spooky abandoned gallies and what have you can be in there without having to buy supplies every time you go to a vendor. I wish they make it as closely as possible to the stronghold in NWN2, extra game-wide quests, extra people that you can recruit for it, fun events, etc. Instead of making it a mini-game of pointless tedium. You do get to recruit a person for it in the beta, though, so that's good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The only rpg that i liked its food system is Might and Magic. In the other ones it feel like a busy work,in the first PoE was retarded. You could only have 6 rest items but you could go around with 200 swords,300 armours and 100 shields....yeah realistic. It would have been ok if you can stack 200 and forget about this shit. This was the only thing i used the console in that game. By the way does it have the same console?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Dissapointed about poor performance reports. One of the biggest issues with the original was its shitty performance, especially the how load times got bigger as you progressed through the game, becoming unbearable by the end.

Fucking unity...

Sizzle

Arcane
Performance was also unoptimized in PoE1's beta, but they significantly reduced the load times in this one, so it bodes well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
They said they are working on optimizing it. That doesn't mean they will be successful at that, of course.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Are we really going to have this discussion again? Of course performance in beta sucks, that's why it's called a beta. More news at 11.

Jezal_k23

Less than ideal performance has been an issue for years. I doubt it'll suddenly get fixed between now and Deadfire's release.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Are we really going to have this discussion again? Of course performance in beta sucks, that's why it's called a beta. More news at 11.
Performance in the original still sucks to this day, and was a fucking catastrophe well into launch. What makes you think it will be different this time around?

Have you tried playing it on a machine that wasn't borrowed from a WW2 museum?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:dealwithit: I fucked myself here,hahahahahaha. Nah i didn't play the game on story mode even if i am a storyfag,played on normal or hard,depending on the battle. Don't know why i did go with 6,seemed logical,anyway never use them,as i said i cheated to get endless rest :).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Sizzle

Arcane
Performance in the original still sucks to this day, and was a fucking catastrophe well into launch. What makes you think it will be different this time around?

I have a pretty crappy old machine and, besides the loading times, everything works well in PoE1.

Now, if you want to talk about something truly unoptimized - play (or better yet - don't :D ) Torment: Tides of Numenera :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom