Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
etrian odyssey 5 is not on the list

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
2017 had some solid RPGs, but nothing completely jaw-dropping (except the fact that Grimoire actually came out).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is strange how many people are proudly posting on a rpg forum about how little rpgs they have played...
If you proudly post about playing a bunch of shit rpg's, you've come to the wrong rpg forum.
I though that this is an rpg forum not a hipster poseur forum. There are some great incline rpgs this year like Expeditions and ELEX. It was pretty good year for rpgs. Even the fucking Grimoire came out. But this things are pretty hard to know when you don't play rpgs.

Ash

Arcane
By far the worst year of the nu-incline era.

Cuck. We're still in the decline era, for RPGs and most other genres. A small handful of "good for what it is...I suppose" games (e.g Mankind Retarded) and one or two legitimately good indie games doesn't change that.
...unless you mean "nu-incline" in that we've at least inclined a little from the dark ages that begun in the mid-late 2000s, in which case fair enough.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
felipepepe with this list you took away my favorite codex activity - checking who voted how :negative:
Don't we get this after the results are in, that's what happened with the last one where I found my posting pals. Should be much easier this time around.

Oh never mind, it's open to everyone so there's no way to track, isn't it? Welp

Suicidal

Arcane
Divinity 2, Nier and Nioh are enough for me to consider this a good year + there was a bunch of potentially good games (ELEX, Prey, etc.) I've yet to play. However, out of the good games many are hybrids and not "true" RPGs - Prey is a shooter, Nier and Nioh are action games with some stats. Oh well, I don't care about the labels as long as they're fun.

Israfael

Arcane
As I complained last time, there should be gradations of 1 - Numanuma's 1 is radically different from MEA's 1...

AlexT

Novice
Destiny 2, Prey, Hollow knight - I guess soon we'll see DOTA and mario in an rpg list.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Holy fuck, I've only played one RPG on that entire list (DOS2). I don't know that I belong here anymore. :(
You've transcended past playing RPGs. Welcome to the Inconnu, brother.

golcondainnerpeace.jpg

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
I played a ton of Battle Brothers and nothing else from that list. Will probably give ELEX, Alvora Tactics, and Expeditions Viking a try at some point.

Divinity will win, of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom