Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Haven't played ELEX sadly, the only game I haven't voted for that I might've voted positively on. Awards for RPGs always come way too soon relative to the release. You end up with people voting only for the games they already selected to play because they thought they'd be good.

Still, Codex prevails, citizen.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If the Codex votes Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar for Game of the Year, it will inaugurate a new era of glorious incline.

tumblr_ou5qzjwG3C1rxmn3vo1_400.png

However, if the Codex fails to appreciate Grimoire, then we're doomed to another two decades of CRPG decline.

Farewell into the night

I didn't vote, because I don't know most of the games and I didn't wanted to spoilthe fun

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
2017 was a bad year for me. I recognize Grimoire, ELEX and Divos2 were appreciated by many people, but none of them did it for me.

I liked several psuedo rpgs (like Automata and Prey), but the only real RPG I truly liked this year was West of Loathing, which no one else played.

Maybe this year will be better. After all, we might get a demo of ITS Generation Ship game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Deleted member 7219

Gave 4 to Trails of Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky 3.

Haven't played Elex yet, waiting for a price drop given how disappointing Risen 2 and Risen 3 were.

Need a better PC to get the most out of Divinity: Original Sin 2 I think.

I gave 3 to Torment. It wasn't a great game, but it had some good moments, and it is unfairly maligned here. It probably deserves a 2/4 but I gave it an extra point because I know it's going to get massacred in the voting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's so much weird console trash I never heard of on this poll, but no Persona 5? I am guessing it's PC only. Still, you didn't need to add every bad jRPG shovelware port you could find on Steam to the list.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Played three games on that list, of which one was shit and two were okay. Wish I could give 1/4 for the rating system of worst-game-ever, shit, better than average, god-like genius.

Looks like I should go back into hibernation for a couple of years and wake up in time to get a could of this year's games at a discount.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh, many jRPGs this year. At least I guess from the many titles that I've never heard of (most of which sound weird, so that's a relatively sure guess...).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's so much weird console trash I never heard of on this poll, but no Persona 5? I am guessing it's PC only. Still, you didn't need to add every bad jRPG shovelware port you could find on Steam to the list.
If I don't do that I get people saying I suck because I forgot about totally GOTY material like The Keep or Hyakki Castle.

Alex

Arcane
So it's again that everyone can vote, even non-members? How do you make sure there is no spamming?
I asked DU if we could use the Codexers-only system again, you can probably guess his reply...

Google Forms has some protections against spamming and it's easy to spot the obvious trolls... that's usually enough.

Speaking of trolling, are even half of those jrpgs real games?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
voted for all 2 games i have played and didn't like much

I'd probably enjoy DOS2 and ELEX, but I doubt they would run on my computer, so I'll wait until I get a better hardware.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Voted for all three games i played this year:

Nier: Automata - 4/4
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 4/4
Numanuma - 3/4

I cound't bring myself to rate Numanuma 2/4. Yeah, it was disappointing, but there were some good moments.

Niertomata and DOS2 on the other hand are two of the best games i have ever played, so i consider this year a success.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Google is firewalled in China, so Darth Roxor has my proxy.

Let's not fuck up this year boys like we did last year by snubbing The Darkest Dungeon, which in hindsight was clearly the RPGotY just like every other gaming media outlet claimed.

History doesn't reward contrarians.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Hey, felipepepe, I just realised that Hollow Knight is from the last year. Please fix the poll.
CoWZ05t.gif

I know the requirements for being an rpg are getting less restrictive by the minute, but hollow knight is not an rpg.

Good game tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom