Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

sqeecoo

Arcane
True, the no lifeless regen hit a lot of tactics pretty hard (even just taking N9 for decent sacreds with a view to summon golems later). And the sex fetish doesn't even have trample or fear, just an attack with his "club".

KoolNoodles

Arcane
True, the no lifeless regen hit a lot of tactics pretty hard (even just taking N9 for decent sacreds with a view to summon golems later). And the sex fetish doesn't even have trample or fear, just an attack with his "club".

The lack of weapon/trample is no problem though, because it has innate spell caster. So with a high E bless(which you would go for anyways), it can simultaneously cast many Flying Shards and whack a fool. It's quite effective early. At range it sucks, but in tight it's like a grenade going off in the face every turn. Now, this does rack up fatigue even with the 0 Encumbrance, so I've been looking at single or double reinvigoration(though all this is IN dominion only, which makes strategy for early expansion a little extra tricky).

I want the giant fetish to work! Gah! :argh:

Edit: Save files confirm the descent into madness. It's not working

Tdc8m8u.jpg

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
In my defence Matalarata - referring to the wallpaper...

I just went and got the list from Dec21 .. :P

I can edit and reupload LOL

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Don't worry mate. People here know I shouldn't be taken too seriously..! It was just a funny way to say "Good luck! May the better butthurt one win!".

Unfortunately, time constraints are real, can't afford to play two games at once atm!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Theodoros, oh god. Why does some asshole always have to pick a popkill nation! I mean Lemuria basically ruined the game in D21.

Btw where are Malakal and Johannes?

For Machaka, what's more thematic than the colossal sex fetish? From what I understand it's actually a pretty good chassis too.

Kinda got bored of Dominions honestly. Taking a break.

Infinitum

Scholar
Actually nm. I'll take Marverni instead, cannot be arsed to attempt to figure out bespoke strategies this time around.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Actually nm. I'll take Marverni instead, cannot be arsed to attempt to figure out bespoke strategies this time around.

Dayyalu's own head, Nation pickup Edition

"What the fuck I am getting"
"Caelum looks strong. No humans, boring. No Atlanteans, you played them tons. Elves, no, good only for Mongolian rape comics."
"Ohh, I dig the Hinnom sprites. I'll pick them."

Strategies are an afterthought.

sqeecoo

Arcane
What would Hinnom do in dom5? Like some minor thug blesses and scales? Probably what I'd choose.

With Marverni you have a decent chance of being eliminated by the end of year two :p but they were my second choice actually, I think they are pretty cool.

Infinitum

Scholar
Well, their infantry getting what amounts to a free bless hopefully bumps them from "pretty cost-effective" to "doesn't melt in the face of sacred rushes". We'll see.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I think I am going to go awake Pretender for once, thoughts wrt Machaka? So many choices, has to be thematic obviously.

I played in a game earlier, in Dom4 - with a guy who played a very strong (strong as in top 3) Machaka and almost won the game.

If not for me making a 4 way alliance against him and breaking a NAP twice - he could have won... but instead he raged hard on the z7 forums and got told off by mod lol... ANYWAY...

He played a Myrmeceleon... pretty solid expander at the start of the game.. very cheap and you could probably get awe/reinvig or protection on your sacreds.

for example
a204d671-0970-4f10-aa0d-72faef2a0e5f
5PN1JRq.png

577Lkei.png

Would be interesting if we all showed what pretenders we were going... I tried this guy in a test.. really strong... the freespawn barbarians are pretty handy :')
bSnAOQZ.png

So far we have

muty - xibalba (flying goblinoid empire)
dayyalu - hinnom (ancient jews)
grimwolf - helheim (primitive elves)
koolnoodles - machaka (poster negroes)
coldcrow - fomoria (tru cavemen)
infinitum - marverni (vanilla faces)
isiloon - yomi (hairy demons)

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
I think I am going to go awake Pretender for once, thoughts wrt Machaka? So many choices, has to be thematic obviously.

I played in a game earlier, in Dom4 - with a guy who played a very strong (strong as in top 3) Machaka and almost won the game.

If not for me making a 4 way alliance against him and breaking a NAP twice - he could have won... but instead he raged hard on the z7 forums and got told off by mod lol... ANYWAY...

He played a Myrmeceleon... pretty solid expander at the start of the game.. very cheap and you could probably get awe/reinvig or protection on your sacreds.

for example
a204d671-0970-4f10-aa0d-72faef2a0e5f
5PN1JRq.png

577Lkei.png

Would be interesting if we all showed what pretenders we were going... I tried this guy in a test.. really strong... the freespawn barbarians are pretty handy :')
bSnAOQZ.png

So far we have

I think rhino warriors are good enough to warrant more than Sloth3: formation fighter, Ulmish physical stats, decent eq barring shield. Between the royalty and bouda you get decent buffs fast enough. Don't forget the almighty demilich too if going for a buff chassis. Mum with lion pelt and recup if you really want an awake titan.

sqeecoo

Arcane

Now see Dayyalu that a clear nation list! Except it's missing my Mictlan (inventors of potato)

mondblut

Arcane

Now see Dayyalu that a clear nation list! Except it's missing my Mictlan (inventors of potato)

Or my Lanka (shitting on your street)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Rhino clan warriors are pretty decent spear guys, yeah, and Boudas are amazing once the research gets going. They can buff/skellyspam/toss evocations/forge anything cheap all in one package. Very adaptable.

Problem is, it's hard to kill stuff with those Rhinos. Elephants are better expanders(but obviously very expensive if you make a bad move) anyway, but all that stuff will get obliterated by bless until research is up. Pygmy flaming arrows, which is easy enough to reach, seems really underwhelming now even with increased range. The hits only start really falling once the battle lines are bunched up, then you need flame ward....

Myrmeceleon was what I went with in a Dom4 game, and yeah with Awe he's pretty awesome. Everything IN-Dominion though, have to remember.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'll set up the page tomorrow. We're going to use the map by Isiloon, fuck the province limits.

That said, has anyone ever stopped thinking how fucking creepy and wrong Hinnom is?

I mean, look at the Avvites. They are a beautiful and wise race, with "positive" magic (elemental and nature). And they get slowly genocided and their race destroyed and substituted by an unholy horror of cannibalistic abominations born from divine might corrupted and bent in inhuman forms (the sons of the Watchers). In the second era, the Avvites gets almost genocided, and in the end, while the other giants are also few in numbers, even their memory is lost.

Seriously, think what the heck would happen if your species was enslaved and substituted by half-divine horrors that ate people, raped at will and thrived on blood sacrifice. Starspawns are evil, but at least they are pragmatic. Hinnom is endless horror.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Jesus christ that map is huge! And there's like 8 of us? And half the map is water? Are you trying to force me to switch to R'lyeh or something?

Yeah, Hinnom is definitely the candidate for most evil faction, especially the hilarious combo of the need not eat and eats population traits :D

Grif

Learned
I'm honestly tempted to join, but I don't know how well I can handle 3 games simultaneously. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm honestly tempted to join, but I don't know how well I can handle 3 games simultaneously. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.
do it..

I'm going to switch to Pangea...

Love the double freespawn turmoil synergy with statue of war + maenads... so much fun... 'the horde'

Who can say no to blood hunting and this thematic blend of units

nHjQOMD.png

i1pAYNd.png
VS
ilqxUMX.png

stfWIb3.png

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Rhino clan warriors are pretty decent spear guys, yeah, and Boudas are amazing once the research gets going. They can buff/skellyspam/toss evocations/forge anything cheap all in one package. Very adaptable.

Problem is, it's hard to kill stuff with those Rhinos. Elephants are better expanders(but obviously very expensive if you make a bad move) anyway, but all that stuff will get obliterated by bless until research is up. Pygmy flaming arrows, which is easy enough to reach, seems really underwhelming now even with increased range. The hits only start really falling once the battle lines are bunched up, then you need flame ward....

Myrmeceleon was what I went with in a Dom4 game, and yeah with Awe he's pretty awesome. Everything IN-Dominion though, have to remember.
Rhinos are kinda lackluster now, they were better in Dom4 (with the better repel). Bunching up 4 guys a square is not too helpful when they have a hard time dealing damage anyway, yet it makes them more vulnerable to evos. And your battle line is now shorter, which makes the enemy surrounding you rather than vice versa, more likely... Or letting the enemy slip past your battle line to your rear.

With Machaka I'd go with Lion Warriors, either with a Myrm (one of the nice expanders due to being cheap), or with an imprisoned Hyena guy rainbow.

Grif

Learned
And here I thought I was about to pick the only UW nation.

But what the hell, gimme Rlyeh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom