Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
My bad, I'm so reluctant about remakes I totally missed how good this one seems to be. :)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
About goddamn time. You know you fucked up when Ys 8 gets delayed for a brand new re-translation because NISA decided to half-ass it.

senhua1980

Literate
The fan translation of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax - Chronicle Edition is 100% complete
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3283/

hzlOsdL.png

senhua1980

Literate
Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Huh? You mean Tengai Makyou Zero in English? That's what i talked about this translation should be released on October 22nd, 2017. It won't be longer enough.

For anyone trying to get this to work, it looks like bsnes is the only emulator that will run it properly. Also, when you get the cart check prompts, make absolutely sure you are hit the right buttons (A and B respectively).

Regardless of whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit system, the 32bit version works the best (on my 64bit system anyway).
Older post, but you do realize bsnes has been on higan (windows) for the longest, right? And Retroarch? Where did you even look?

Hengki Kusuma Adi

A day ago

This is Shiryou Sensen: War of the Dead for TurboGrafx-16 or at least PC Engine in Japan translated to English by Nebulous Translations. Considering this is the only best version of Shiryou Sensen rather than on MSX2 and PC-88, also TG-16 lacks zombies enemies whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It definitely looks like a budget title, and is probably shorter than usual for PSX RPGs.

Not to lessen the guy's work, but there PROBABLY wasn't much there to begin with aside from the opening stuff. Translator himself calls the story "simple".

Deflowerer

Arcane
A PSX RPG got translated : https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3393/

Not sure about this actual game which looks more unusual than exactly good, I'll have to give it a try to get an idea, but congrats to the guy for translating PSX ones, it must be a certain mess to translate these games judging by how few get translated.

Seems like the devs were influenced by Suikoden quite a bit.t

LJ40

Cipher
La Wares for the SNES is translated now: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/lawares.shtml

Game is sort of fun. Standard JRPG stuff, albeit a little grindy. World map (which is traversed automatically upon selection of a destination) and boss battles are done in giant mechs called golems, while other battles are kind of like the Dragon Quest or Phantasy Star series, with up to 3 party members facing enemies first person style (All combat is turn based).

Mech battles are a little underwhelming, with a weak attack, a less accurate but more powerful kick attack, and that is it (so far anyway).

Edit - Should add that world map travel is made very unnecessarily aggravating because from any one location, you can only travel one "step" in any direction. You have no way of knowing which destination on your list is in which direction (unless you memorize), so if you know your destination is "far to the northwest", you have to trial and error til your slow ass golem trundles off to the northwest. It's not a deal breaker, and in fact distracts a little from the grinding, so meh.

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, all the 'Tales of' series translations by Absolute Zero are now dead. The worst of it is that they were getting pretty close to finishing up the Tales of Destiny PS2 remake. Given that they're also taking down old, complete patches I wonder if Bamco threatened them. The main translator was doing live streams and chats of him working on Destiny that he seemed to enjoy doing, so I don't think he just burnt out like what happens with a lot of fan translators.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I want to play the SNES Final Fantasy games but I'm having some issues with the versions available.

FINAL FANTASY IV
- Japanese SFC, translated by Spooniest. One thing I've noticed is that Kain doesn't mention his father (why he became a Dragoon) during the intro conversation at the castle.
- North American SNES, using the Namingway Edition mod.

FINAL FANTASY V
- Japanese SFC, translated by RPGe.
- Japanese SFC, translated by Spooniest.
- Japanese SFC, translated by J121 (GBA Script).

FINAL FANTASY VI
- Japanese SFC, translated by RPGOne.
- North American SNES, using the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition mod.

Which ones should I opt for and why?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, all the 'Tales of' series translations by Absolute Zero are now dead. The worst of it is that they were getting pretty close to finishing up the Tales of Destiny PS2 remake. Given that they're also taking down old, complete patches I wonder if Bamco threatened them. The main translator was doing live streams and chats of him working on Destiny that he seemed to enjoy doing, so I don't think he just burnt out like what happens with a lot of fan translators.
Just read this. Jesus, why.

ToD remake and ToD 2 on PS2 will never get translated. And the new Tales games do not have the charm of these older titles I always felt.

Ah fuck my day just ended much worse and tomorrow will probably be shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom