Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20161126211712_1x5sb4.jpg

20161126211751_1bts88.jpg

20161126221331_1vtsgr.jpg

20161127124806_1l8std.jpg

20161127132825_1jks9f.jpg

20161127133217_1wdsiv.jpg

20161127141733_1ogsqi.jpg

20161127152630_1qos5u.jpg

20161127153316_13msrm.jpg

Dropsy must be one of the most bizzare new pixelated adventure games. Lots of huggies and a animal companions, good soundtrack by Chris Schlarb and a strange bitter sweet feeling after finishing it made it memorable experience. I definitely will replay it in the future.

<snip>
20 years! Holy shit, time flies. Game's still fucking awesome - where did everything go so wrong

Did you get the music working?

I'd really love to replay but without the random John Williams tracks popping in it just isn't the same.

:despair:
Yes, music is working fine (I`m using the GOG version). If it's not working for you, try downloading the music wrapper (https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/914-jedi-knight-dark-forces-ii-mots-music-wrapper/) and renaming the executable (DF.exe) into something else (DarkForces.exe or some such). If you're installing from your old CD copy, after downloading the wrapper you can make a MUSIC folder in the main game folder and download the .OGG files from here - https://mega.co.nz/#F!CsZEEYDC!c0VTlDJOv-p2jcf8PT9GBQ.

Another thing I had to do to get 3d acceleration working in the game was use a D3d wrapper, otherwise I would get a black screen (I'm using dgVoodoo, which is awesome - http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2_54.zip)

Last edited:
That's very true. Jedi Knight has awesome level design, with a lot of vertical space and cool secrets to be found. The game effortlessly stands the test of time despite its technical limitations, because the design is so good - after awhile, you simply don't care about the graphics anymore. Not that they're even bad - art direction is great and that's no accident since the game's lead designer was Peter Chan.

FPS level design is very much a lost art.

catfood

AGAIN
Isair and Madae, the original SJW's.

I've never managed to beat it. I liked it overall, even Targos and the Ice Castle (never understood the hate for it). but the last chapter is nothing but an endless slog through HP bloated enemies that resist every single spell that you cast at them.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
IWD2 is sort of like Lionheart: The first town is probably a high point of IE games with different quests that check stats/skills/races/classes and offer multiple solutions. Then the rest of the game can be safely skipped.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom