Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is the recent Carmageddon game any good? I remember loving the second one.

Carmageddon: Max Damage is easily worth the $5 they're selling it for right now, doubly so since it's now DRM-free.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Terrible optimization was a case for Carmageddon - Reincarnation. This one is Carmageddon-Max Damage and it works way better (GF 650 GTX and no issues here).
Running over NPCs feels bland (Carma2 and TRD did it better), wrecking cars feels ok, special missions are not obligatory (you get new levels after gathering enough points to unlock them).
But the worst part is OST - bland banal shit boring, not even old tracks save it. You can put your own tracks in but it's considered as a hacking and block your access to multiplayer :decline:

You can pick it for few bucks but no more.

Still - gonna try and play TDR despite warning, see if these special missions were as hard as I remember (mostly due time limit)...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just a head's up. The game is $5 only if you already own Carma 1 and 2. Although if you don't already own them what the fuck is wrong with you.

No.

They're on sale at the moment, you can pick up all the Carmageddon games for $10, which I did.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DSz35UfU0AAgLO2.jpg

And... they released: https://af.gog.com/game/opus_magnum?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/release_close_combat_series_5fb9b/post34?as=1649904300

IainMcNeil
Slitherine

Thanks for all the feedback guys. The GoG team had to go back to old retail masters and try and make them windows compatible as the source code for the original 5 games was lost many years ago before we acquired it.

They managed to get 2-4 working but are having issues with 1 and 5. We hope they'll be able to resolve them and add them to the list too at some point. Then there's the other 5 games we released. We don't have a firm date for when any of these will be available.

edit.
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/release_close_combat_series_5fb9b/post59?as=1649904300
We'll have more games on GoG soon but they need to be selective to avoid overloading you! We have 300 strategy and wargames in our line up and release ~3 new releases a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can someone tell me if GOG Lighthouse the dark being has two cds on it ('.gog' files iirc)? Because the tool that is used to 'merge' SCI games doesn't work with Lighthouse and RAMA unfortunately, so getting it if it wasn't merged is useless to me (i want to share the data files with scummvm and dosbox)

Luka-boy

Arcane
:bounce::bounce::bounce:A Bridge Too Far:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Neat. I'll miss the old installer with the historical photos and the progress bar with a tank advancing, though. The catchy theme, too.

Panthers in the Fog; yay or nay?
I enjoyed my time with it, which is more than I can say for Gateway to Caen.

Now I hope they release CC3: Cross of Iron too. I love some of its mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom