Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, i'm butthurt. Eradicator is a fag and restart from town is a cancer. Lost 2 portals just because game decided to disconnect me when i tried to enter map and 3 more on boss itself.:argh:

T. Reich

Arcane
Ok, so apparently there was a bug with the shaped items that granted "supported by lvlXX immolate support" to the socketed skills - it granted the burning damage support instead.
That actually explains why my damage on Cremation was sorta meh vs high tier bosses - I was dealing at least 1/4 less damage to them than I was supposed to!

Btw, I had this other thing burning in my mind - would you guys share how much you've spent so far on this amazing, FREE TO PLAY, game?
I've spent a mere trifle - 165$ over the 5 years.:takemyjewgold:
1fa6b9b520eaf4cfd54d4af86124916a.jpg

Hyperion

Arcane
Journeyman, Minotaur, Subjugator, one of the 3.0 packs that I don't remember, 1.0 closed beta key, 2.0 closed beta key, and probably another $150 or so in points.

Whatever that adds up to, $600 give or take $50?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Looking at the "Account transactions" tab, Ive spent 70$ on PoE so far. And most of it went into stash tabs, and one closed beta access back in 2012.

Jesus, more than 5 years ago.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Spent a very small sum (<15 or so) for those auto trader tabs & colored tabs (they were in a cheap bundle at a time). Haven't regretted that even if I only played the game serious for one month or so. Was a Crit Lightning Orb / Slow Projectile laser of doom.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I spent around 40$ over the years and all but 5$ was for stash improvements :)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Bronze, Regal, Prophecy, Mino, Outlaw, Lich and another 300 points (most of which went into packs) in total, so about ~350$ for ~6years of gaming.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lost 50% doing stupid things today. Maybe i should start melee character with more than 4k hp...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Lost 50% doing stupid things today. Maybe i should start melee character with more than 4k hp...
You invested the 50% into learning not to do stupid things in the future. Thats how you learn.

Also, yes, more than 4k hp on melee character is strongly recommended.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You invested the 50% into learning not to do stupid things in the future.
Like "don't do ele weakness+equilibrium+light damage+twinned+ele resistant mobs if you converting 90% of phys damage to cold"? I was ok until the boss fight. And then they both had "resist elemental damage" on top of that.

T. Reich

Arcane
Like "don't do ele weakness+equilibrium+light damage+twinned+ele resistant mobs if you converting 90% of phys damage to cold"? I was ok until the boss fight. And then they both had "resist elemental damage" on top of that.

That is easily fixed by the single cold penetration support gem. A corresponding ele penetration gem is pretty much a mandatory support link in any mono=elemental damage build, unless it's a full-on crit inquisitor.

Reinhardt

Arcane

That is easily fixed by the single cold penetration support gem. A corresponding ele penetration gem is pretty much a mandatory support link in any mono=elemental damage build, unless it's a full-on crit inquisitor.
I even have frostbite+blasphemy and frost bomb+cwdt. It's just 4k hp not enough...

Now i'm sitting at 0% progress to next level anyway, so i just grabbed all retarded maps i had in my stash and used good old human wave tactic

ArchAngel

Arcane

I even have frostbite+blasphemy and frost bomb+cwdt. It's just 4k hp not enough...

Now i'm sitting at 0% progress to next level anyway, so i just grabbed all retarded maps i had in my stash and used good old human wave tactic
Frostbite and frostbomb lower their overstacked resistance instead of penetrating max one. So If enemy has stacked resistances even with both you might not lower it below 75% or close to it.
Elemental penetration works differently. It ignores target's overstacked resistances and only looks at their max resistance and that is 75% for all (?) enemies in the game. It then lowers that to 50% if your penetration is 25% or to lower. It does not care if enemy has 1000% overstacked resistance.
Of course if enemy has no bonus resistances and their current resistance is 40% your penetration will lower that by 25% or whatever the value. But in this case curses and frost bomb will lower it more (as these skills come with greater values).

TLDR; Lowering resistances works better vs low resistance enemies. Elemental penetration works better vs high overstacked resistance enemies.

T. Reich

Arcane
Bosses have greatly reduced curse effectiveness on them - that frostbite is 60% less effective on them. Together with frostbomb it barely lets you do any sort of decent damage on them; even less so if the bosses turned out to be overcapped.

4k is kinda ass, alright, especially in t6+ maps.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
While we are at money spend topic - I found that I spend $45 through 3 years, on points to buy tabs, 10 normal, 2 premiums, these special tabs like currency, essences, cards and maps. All of them bought in promos with exception of map tab, which wasn't that good?

They make map tiers tabs in different colors in recent update, but that was pointless tbh. Like - you already know tiers-colors relation without that...
What I would like to get is - maps get marked in the map tab whenever they got "Superior..." name (free Quality, yay), they got blue or yellow enhancement. Or you write specifit feats like "reflect" or "rogue exiles" and all tabs that contains maps with these features are marked.
But no, they painted map tiers tabs.
Get your shit together GGG.

Oh and I never spend any cash before on F2P crap, until now...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom