Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Icewind Dale in TToEE Engine Total Conversion - Prologue Demo Released

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
How did you manage to code in the extra high level spells? Not even Co8 managed that feat...
Probably Temple+.
Was Temple+ the mod that added in the spells already existing in the game but normally unavailable to PCs? I can't remember. It has been a long while since I played it. I remember my mod pack got rid of the level cap, but the higher level spells were very truncated because they couldn't put in stuff that wasn't already in the game, and so made do with what was already there.

You are probably thinking of an early version of Co8, I think they added high level spells around 2006-2007.

Cael

Arcane
How did you manage to code in the extra high level spells? Not even Co8 managed that feat...
Probably Temple+.
Was Temple+ the mod that added in the spells already existing in the game but normally unavailable to PCs? I can't remember. It has been a long while since I played it. I remember my mod pack got rid of the level cap, but the higher level spells were very truncated because they couldn't put in stuff that wasn't already in the game, and so made do with what was already there.

You are probably thinking of an early version of Co8, I think they added high level spells around 2006-2007.
No. The version I have has those higher level spells, but they were limited to the ones that were already in the game via scrolls, wands and potions. A true selection of spells for PCs ended at spell level 5. Any higher is only what they could scavenge from items and spell-like effects and things like that. That is why I said the selection was truncated, not non-existent.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Probably Temple+.

No. The version I have has those higher level spells, but they were limited to the ones that were already in the game via scrolls, wands and potions. A true selection of spells for PCs ended at spell level 5. Any higher is only what they could scavenge from items and spell-like effects and things like that. That is why I said the selection was truncated, not non-existent.
http://files.co8.org/docs/Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 - Release Notes.txt

Allyx

Savant
Co8 have added a number of high level spells, enough to allow casters of all types to advance to at least 19th level without issue, although admittedly the selection does get very thin at the high end of that.

Engine restrictions mean adding other new spells would require either the removal of some of the less popular lower level spells (Open/Close for example), or an as yet unwritten Temple+ update that increases the number of spells that can be coded as the base engine's hard limit has been reached.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Co8 have added a number of high level spells, enough to allow casters of all types to advance to at least 19th level without issue, although admittedly the selection does get very thin at the high end of that.

Engine restrictions mean adding other new spells would require either the removal of some of the less popular lower level spells (Open/Close for example), or an as yet unwritten Temple+ update that increases the number of spells that can be coded as the base engine's hard limit has been reached.
Temple+ increases the usable enumeration until about 3999 IIRC.

catfood

AGAIN
All the maps that need editing graphically are done, half the maps have been split so ToEE can use them, and have been prepared and linked so you can travel between them, sectoring is underway to define walkable areas and ground surface types, visual sector blocking and clipping too.
Weird that you had to split the maps. I seem to recall that the Temple's floors in TOEE were quite large on their own. I didn't realize that IWD had so many large areas.

Allyx

Savant
ToEE has much larger maps than IWD has, but the game engine requires the maps to be divided into 256x256 pixel sections of map, and ideally each map should have at least 8x8 map sections of this size as the zoom-able minimaps work better that way.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Engine restrictions mean adding other new spells would require either the removal of some of the less popular lower level spells (Open/Close for example)

Why not just do this?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The sole fact that someone is doing a conversion to a different engine that makes sense is amazing. I would expect a project for conversion of TOEE to Infinity Engine as a more likely one to have happened. That we might possibly get an infinity-to TOEE one instead is truly a miracle to behold.

Allyx

Savant
To be honest, not a lot of progress has been made, around half of the maps are in ToEE compatible format, the required graphical edits are done to the maps that need them, I have however been incredibly lazy all last year. For that I apologise to you all, I do still intend to continue this project, I have been putting more time into running the Pathfinder adventure path Rise of the Runelords with my family instead of working hard on the total conversion mod.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
To be honest, not a lot of progress has been made, around half of the maps are in ToEE compatible format, the required graphical edits are done to the maps that need them, I have however been incredibly lazy all last year. For that I apologise to you all, I do still intend to continue this project, I have been putting more time into running the Pathfinder adventure path Rise of the Runelords with my family instead of working hard on the total conversion mod.
It's ok, Grimoire took 20 years.

Mustawd

If there was a way for me to help that was simple and idiot proof, I’d gladly do so.

Allyx

Savant
It's mostly stalled since the demo release, I have heavily modified temple.dll with a hex editor to fix the religion changes mentioned in the thread, but it seems to have broken the worldmap in a pretty serious way.

Kuldahar Pass basically has to take the place of Hommlet in ToEE's map order (Easthaven maps are treated like ToEE's vignette maps though they don't occupy those map numbers per say). And travelling between the 3 Kuldahar Pass worldmap locations was working just fine last time I checked. Things get messed up further in however.

Accessing the worldmap in Kuldahar basically breaks my current version, the game doesn't hang with lag, or CTD, but none of the buttons do anything at all.

So I'm going to have to revert to a working version of temple.dll where all the hardcoded stuff lives, file compare in the religion alterations, save it, test it, then try moving the worldmap buttons again, save, test, add the alterations to the worldmap paths changes, save, test, hope, pray...

Then there's the small matter of importing the other 6 chapters of IWD...

Tigranes

Arcane
The bathtub is Cleve in one of his workouts, when his explosive neanderthal muscle growth metastasises into ceramic form

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom