Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Van Buren iPhone Game

aratuk

Cipher
n6WWmBz.png

So, WTF this?
(Apologies if it has been discussed previously. I searched, did not find.)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Someone play it and tell us how it is. It's probably the fallout 3 we deserved, but never got.

aratuk

Cipher
I tried playing it. It's a very simple memory game that works kind of like minesweeper, but there's a bug preventing me from getting past the second level.

My guess is that if you progress far enough, there will be some kind of hint about the real Van Buren game, an unannounced RPG they are either actually developing or just trolling us with.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
My guess is that if you progress far enough, there will be some kind of hint about the real Van Buren game
If play Chopper HD, Wasteland 2 and then this game, you should be able to get a hint for sure.

aratuk

Cipher
All that's missing from inXile's iPhone lineup is a Stonekeep-themed slot machine game.

And maybe a Redneck Rampage match three that in the background quietly mines bitcoins for Brian Fargo's retirement fund.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Good, inXile should get a lot of practice making mobile games in preparation for their inevitable failure in the CRPG space.

Cross

Arcane
there's a bug preventing me from getting past the second level.
InXile: so inept they can't even properly make mobile shovelware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom