Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Deleted Member 16721

High STR ranged weapon to me would just indicate they thought about replayability (plan your build for the second run to try different approaches.)

Gothic had DEX swords for example, with really high DEX requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigranes

Arcane
Finished it yesterday, because i'm OCD.

I truly can't believe that there are people whom unironically like ELEX....

You finished a game you don't enjoy, you might as well have spent a few days staring at a brick wall. A Bethestard who genuinely enjoyed Oblivion spent his time more wisely than you.

dbx

Arcane
Patron

You finished a game you don't enjoy, you might as well have spent a few days staring at a brick wall. A Bethestard who genuinely enjoyed Oblivion spent his time more wisely than you.

I'm an engineer, stingy as hell and OCD. You bet I finished it, I fucking paid for it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

I'm an engineer, stingy as hell and OCD. You bet I finished it, I fucking paid for it.

this is why we still dont have jetpacks and laser guns irl

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

this is why we still dont have jetpacks and laser guns irl
The world is still waiting for ELEX before that becomes possible in our world.

Can you imagine if back in 2000-2005 when you were playing G1-2 someone told you Gothic 3 was going to be a disaster followed by a mediocre "spiritual successor" trilogy followed by Gothic 3: We Got This Edition? With guns?

Tigranes

Arcane
I would look at the rest of the industry, and say you're probably right.

edit: Although, Oblivion was 2006.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sestak: “Is it true, has the Hybrid been defeated?”

Jax: “Yes. It was an incredibly hard fight, but I persevered. The Hybrid is dead.”

Re-enactment of my incredibly hard fight:

CLICKCLICKCLICKCKLICKCLICKCLICK *dead*

Hm. Game was alright

Elex

Arbiter
Can you imagine if back in 2000-2005 when you were playing G1-2 someone told you Gothic 3 was going to be a disaster followed by a mediocre "spiritual successor" trilogy followed by Gothic 3: We Got This Edition? With guns?
yes, but i will not belive the guy telling me that fallout 3 is morrowind with guns.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
1508852563674.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
Disregard this, I'm now on my second playthrough and there's a faction I missed called "The Claws" that's far above and beyond the rest.

I had no idea about them! Do they have a fully fleshed out quest line? Or is it a little shorter and kind of tied to the outlaws in general?

Walden

Savant
I'm 17 h in, lv 19. The game gets better and better, but so far things that let me down a bit are obviously the engine(really does clip game's wings in 2017, in terms of interactions); than too many fetch quests, though I'm fine with those in PB games and I almost completed everything I found, but with some better mechanics it could have offered tons of better contents; factions are... passable, pity you can't go on your own in Origin planting weed.
The lore at first seemed a shitty mess, so wrong, it is maybe one of their best, so full of potential and sparks, and for the rest is so good to play a new PB game, I really hope they manage to make a qualitative leap as a company, like Larian did, to abandon this engine and to have overall more strength, they really deserve it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom