Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD for PC - released

Most fucking importantly, are the cutscenes skippable?
according to steam reviews, they're not.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif
Let's face it, if you're playing FFX but you don't care about cutscenes there's better things you can do with your time.

Now, if you're wondering "why didn't they add the option anyway?" the official answer is "because fuck you is why."

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Personally, I never cared for Bioware, but it was written in 2006, and they hadn't gone full retard yet.
Also of note is that in case of Sheamus, he draws a pretty clear line in regards to Bioware that he liked and Bioware he no longer likes, which is starts at KOTOR and ends with Mass Effect 2 (it also seems his personal favourites out of their games are Mass Effect 1 and Jade Empire, which is kind of unusual). The actual thing I wanted to highlight was written in 2016 too, the twenty-part retrospective on Final Fantasy X, which was also written after his fifty part retrospective of Mass Effect trilogy where he tears Mass Effect 2 and 3 a new fucking asshole (Shamus is also kind of different in that to him everything bad in Mass Effect 3 was ultimately the fault of things started and changed in Mass Effect 2, he goes to great detail in why he thinks so). The FFX retrospective also acts as a kind of companion piece to his Mass Effect retrospective, since he often contrasts the failures of ME2 and ME3 as he sees them with how he thinks FFX does it right and why it does those things right, particular examples being assumed empathy vs genuine empathy, and the mystery ghost kids). Also in regards to Codex cool creds, he also thinks Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 are incredibly retarded games in terms of story (it's also pretty important to note that he considers this pretty important, since he also tears down Arkham City for this in another retrospective), doing a rather masochistic group playthrough of Fallout 4 (I don't enjoy the voiceover-playthrough sort of format in any case so I can't personally recommend it) and the five-part series of articles quite aptly named The Blistering Stupidity of Fallout 3.

I guess the important part is that it's clearly his own taste and that he can articulate and argue it so you can properly agree or disagree. EDIT: And that I think he does this is in a fairly entertaining manner thanks to his quite fluid ability to insert comedy alongside his real points so it's a good read whether you agree or disagree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom