Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Some games just get boring after some time,most of them for me are games that don't respect your time. I am too old to waste half an hour on idiotic slow walking.

Mazisky

Magister
Old good times when you was a child and you had ENTIRE seasons to play videogames all day long and go through intense single player campaigns.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

Yo-ho-ho matey! Splice the mainbrace, Year of the Deadfire is upon us hearties! :salute:

All current 72 pages in this thread examined and read + the remaining # of pages from the previous thread I had to catch up on. Talk about needing a glass of red wine!
ylYJ8Qs.jpg

It truly is nice to be able to settle back in again, page by page, soaking all the information about Deadfire with videos, tweets and screens! Thank-you to everyone who continues to make Codex a one-stop shop for RPG information! :hug:

CLOUD SHADOWS

To my dear friend Abu Antar thank-you for keeping my interests in mind, it is much appreciated.

There is good reason why cloud shadows are so important, and I thought it good to explain that before going into more detail about Deadfire and its development direction okay? So how many developers have promised such things like npcs who wake up, go to work, take breaks, go for a walk after work, sleep and all that stuff right? Or they say the game will have seasons you can experience while you adventure with your party and how the people in the world will react to those seasons, day/night cycles, weather and all that! They go and play on that Ultima vibe tossing out PR phrases and concept art showing how awesome and reactive their game is going to be to all of that and then nothing right? RIGHT!?

Do you know how long we waited for this? Something concrete all while hearing about Dynamic Weather system and NPC reactivity and not even seeing anything in videos but having Katrina talk about fern shadows? Really? REALLY??!? :argh:

February 10, 2017 was the announcement and how long did it take?? November 15, 2017 cloud shadows finally appear and that is a long time waiting and it just brought back all those memories of excitement and utter disappointment in such a system when there was silence all during the summer and then nothing at the start of autumn. This is why I pushed hard for it and why it is so important to me because of all the previous developers who talk about Ultima like they love it but then fail to deliver anything of the sort.

ORLAN BABY

Is this the Orlan baby or still speculation?

XWqFvMI.png

I'm going to rename her Leslie
heart.png

THOUGHTS

• Food consumption to recover from injuries while resting is a nice touch.
  • As of now I am not a big fan of the mouse-over translation during conversation. Maybe learn it from books, rather than it looking and feeling like a tool-tip.
  • Weather effects while sailing is a big plus, very happy to learn this is going to be available but when we will see it? Maybe seaweed shadows first??
  • A walk toggle is a nice touch because I found movement too quick in Pillars for my tastes and like RP to come naturally and take time doing it.
  • Exhausted thinking on multiclass combinations. Narrowed it down to Barbarian/Druid, Barbarian/Monk or Barbarian/Chanter for character import and development.
  • Josh suggests Barbarian/Streetfighter but will see how that plays out in Deadfire with RP options and if it suits my character moving forward.
  • Quick routes through the city is a nice touch, unlocking shops, taverns and inns you've already visited with a numeric driven selection!
  • Awesome to learn there is more than one ship we can attain after the starter ship, Defiant.
  • Custom AI design has a lot of complex options will offer hours of entertainment and sharing with other Deadfire community members!

Obsidian has a treasure trove of knowledge to pick through here, so I have full confidence they'll continue to tweak and make the changes to DEADFIRE!

I am so happy to be able to post again after some tumultuous months and am so looking forward to this year, the Year of Deadfire, to refresh and bring new stories to my Barbarian Dwarf!

All aboard! :cool:

Thanks,
Sherry

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They might do something for PAX East if the game isn't out before then.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
This Twitter shit is getting on my nerves. Why cant they communicate like during the Kickstarter with meaty updates full of content. Instead Josh farts on Twatter twice a week with one-sentence or meaningless pics that don't barely ever mean anything.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I don't understand why you put random tweets and proper communication about the game's development on the same level. Like they had to choose between the two.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't understand why you put random tweets and proper communication about the game's development on the same level.

I don't, that's why the Twitter shit annoys me.

Like they had to choose between the two.

But they have. Josh keeps vomiting out random shit on Twitter and half of it never makes it to the Fig updates. Or when it does, it's in a form of half-assed video where that producer chick spends at most 5 seconds to talk over the features, while desperately trying to get her tits into frame.

I want my walls of text and hundreds of angry comments where edgy fans threaten to end their life over the proposes mechanics. That was fun, this Twatter crap is not.

Salvo

Arcane
How much do the passive skills come up in the Beta and what's their ratio? Like, what's the skill you people found yourself using most between Diplomacy, Metaphysics, Streetwise etc etc.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
How much do the passive skills come up in the Beta and what's their ratio? Like, what's the skill you people found yourself using most between Diplomacy, Metaphysics, Streetwise etc etc.
In my experience, all quest npcs (or npcs related to a quest) had at least one instance where you can use a passive skill, but most had several. Furthermore, different skills can unlock the same dialogue option instead of just one. For example, a dialogue option may require at least a skill 3 in either religion or metaphysics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There aren't really fewer crowdfunding updates for PoE2 than there were for PoE1 at this stage in its development. It's been about once a month.

What is true is:

1) Early in its development in the year after the Kickstarter, PoE1 had very frequent updates - at one point even on a weekly basis. The equivalent stage of PoE2's development happened largely behind the scenes before it was formally revealed.

2) PoE2's updates are generally heavier on video and lighter on text - an imitation of Larian's Kickstarter update format.

But there's also the fact that this is a sequel, so to a large extent there are simply fewer new things to reveal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
This public show floor stuff is almost always garbage. You want to wait for videos of private showings, which might be under embargo until a certain date.

Ulfhednar

Savant
So much for "we will definitely release this game in March." Haha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom