Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
>*whistles for magic car*
>
med_thumb_scared_in_bed_cropped.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tr3hRqQhOUSl2ogpSo2tx30_XMFvY7EwzjzvxvtTR7M.jpg

I can't wait the drama and the butthurt community eating itself over the announced combat and character rules and mechanics.

uturistic tech from the original rulebook:
latest
futuristic indeed because this phone screams "autonomy" nowadays :)

Zer0wing

Cipher
Can't wait to feel the despair when CDPR announces not following character ruleset and combat rules of original PnP.:negative:

eXalted

Arcane
Can't wait to feel the despair when CDPR announces not following character ruleset and combat rules of original PnP.:negative:
They had a presentation where they talked that they are working closely with the author. Or am I mistaken?

Seeing how much stats and complexity The Witcher 3 had....

Got bored and left

They had a presentation where they talked that they are working closely with the author. Or am I mistaken?

Seeing how much stats and complexity The Witcher 3 had....

That was a very, very long time ago. Lord only knows what they're up to now.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
First shot of the marketing hype barrage? I guess we can expect IGN/Gamespot "Why we are excited about Cyberpunk" type articles soon.
Called it!
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-cyberpunk-2077-is-so-important-to-the-genre-an/1100-6456059/

Didn't read lol'n'shit but this is it.

Important to modern society? Kinda have to read this one hehe.

another example that wisdom does not come with age and the spectrum of death that hovers above the elderly doesn't make them not to waste that little precious time they have left :P

Zer0wing

Cipher
https://shop.audified.com/blogs/people/bryan-brain-mantia-u73b-compressor
"What is your current most important project?
I’m focusing mainly on composing these days. I love the concept of music and visuals. I’m currently working on a film by director Joseph Kahn called “Bodied”. I’m also working on the soundtrack for the Cyberpunk 2077 video game… This project in particular has been a little challenging because the developers are looking for music that has never been heard before if that makes any sense... They are looking for music that would be made in the year 2077… I’m into it because I really love "white noise" and I figure that's where music is gonna be in 60 years from now (lol)… Basically every frequency within the range of human hearing (20 hertz to 20 kHz)… Anyways, i’m really diggin' the experimentation on this project!!!"
Hope the authenticity won't end on music side.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1732

Cyberpunk 2077 to be presented during E3 2018

Last Wednesday marked the 5th anniversary of the release of Cyberpunk 2077’s teaser trailer – that’s also when the mysterious “beep” appeared on the game’s official Twitter. Will actual footage from the anticipated game finally see the light of day?

It seems that what we’ve all been waiting for might be here faster than expected. The new game by CD Projekt Red – Cyberpunk 2077 – might be presented in public during E3, which begins on June 12th this year. We’ve recently learned that the Warsaw-based studio will fly to Los Angeles with a fully playable demo that will be available for journalists and other media representatives behind closed doors. If this indeed happens, CD Projekt Red will finally cut short the Internet-wide speculations about the state of their newest game, which were fueled by reports about employees leaving the team and new job openings in the recent months.

We’ve acquired the information about CD Projekt Red’s plan to showcase the game during the most important gaming event of the year through our associate Polish website GRYOnline.pl from two independent sources; in both cases we cannot reveal their identity. Please keep in mind, though, that any news of this sort should be treated with caution. Until CD Projekt Red officially announces that Cyberpunk 2077 will be shown during E3, there is absolutely no certainty that this will happen. However, we strongly believe that our sources are right.

According to our sources, a new trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 is said to be one of the highlights of the conferences that always take place before the expo opens its doors. After all, it would seem natural for CD Projekt Red to strike a deal with one of the big companies like Microsoft or Sony, which have their presentations during E3. That’s exactly what happened with The Witcher 3, which was presented during Microsoft’s Xbox briefing back in 2013. What’s more, the studio is rumored to present a playable demo at closed showcases during the actual expo. This means that it’s not unlikely that a serious chunk of gameplay with dev commentary will be released online at the same time. If nothing happens before June and our sources are correct, these will be the first ever presentations of Cyberpunk 2077. Up to this point, CD Projekt Red had only showed us a short teaser announcing the game. Last Wednesday marked the 5th anniversary of that video’s release.

It’s important to note that the information we acquired partially correlates with what YouTuber LegacyKillaHD revealed last Thursday, stating that the source of his information was someone at Sony. According to him, the Warsaw-based studio has already sent an early demo to Sony for testing, and CD Projekt Red itself plans to release the trailer or present a demo of Cyberpunk 2077 during E3. Whether that happens, we’ll know in June.

We reached out to a representative of CD Projekt Red to ask for a comment, and we’ve received a usual response stating that the company does not comment on gossip or speculation.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
It's kinda frustrating that they made the tweet and then will go silent for 6 months I know it's the anniversary but well it would've been much better if they beeped somewhen before the conference or just left it as a surprise

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
well they've been silent for 4 years so what's wrong with 6 more months, there will be enough time to build the hype between the reveal and the release

Old Hans

Arcane
https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1732

Cyberpunk 2077 to be presented during E3 2018

Last Wednesday marked the 5th anniversary of the release of Cyberpunk 2077’s teaser trailer – that’s also when the mysterious “beep” appeared on the game’s official Twitter. Will actual footage from the anticipated game finally see the light of day?

It seems that what we’ve all been waiting for might be here faster than expected. The new game by CD Projekt Red – Cyberpunk 2077 – might be presented in public during E3, which begins on June 12th this year. We’ve recently learned that the Warsaw-based studio will fly to Los Angeles with a fully playable demo that will be available for journalists and other media representatives behind closed doors. If this indeed happens, CD Projekt Red will finally cut short the Internet-wide speculations about the state of their newest game, which were fueled by reports about employees leaving the team and new job openings in the recent months.

We’ve acquired the information about CD Projekt Red’s plan to showcase the game during the most important gaming event of the year through our associate Polish website GRYOnline.pl from two independent sources; in both cases we cannot reveal their identity. Please keep in mind, though, that any news of this sort should be treated with caution. Until CD Projekt Red officially announces that Cyberpunk 2077 will be shown during E3, there is absolutely no certainty that this will happen. However, we strongly believe that our sources are right.

According to our sources, a new trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 is said to be one of the highlights of the conferences that always take place before the expo opens its doors. After all, it would seem natural for CD Projekt Red to strike a deal with one of the big companies like Microsoft or Sony, which have their presentations during E3. That’s exactly what happened with The Witcher 3, which was presented during Microsoft’s Xbox briefing back in 2013. What’s more, the studio is rumored to present a playable demo at closed showcases during the actual expo. This means that it’s not unlikely that a serious chunk of gameplay with dev commentary will be released online at the same time. If nothing happens before June and our sources are correct, these will be the first ever presentations of Cyberpunk 2077. Up to this point, CD Projekt Red had only showed us a short teaser announcing the game. Last Wednesday marked the 5th anniversary of that video’s release.

It’s important to note that the information we acquired partially correlates with what YouTuber LegacyKillaHD revealed last Thursday, stating that the source of his information was someone at Sony. According to him, the Warsaw-based studio has already sent an early demo to Sony for testing, and CD Projekt Red itself plans to release the trailer or present a demo of Cyberpunk 2077 during E3. Whether that happens, we’ll know in June.

We reached out to a representative of CD Projekt Red to ask for a comment, and we’ve received a usual response stating that the company does not comment on gossip or speculation.

everyone will be blown away by the graphics and their talk of all the amazing advancements they're working on like (super amazing buzzword NVIDIA tech) and cool sounding mechanics will have people drooling! Of course this will all be slowly stripped away until you are left with nothing but lootable cyber crates filled with pieces of yarn and broken ladders to craft color coated cyber helmet with 1-2% critical hit rating

RepHope

Savant
Wouldn’t surprise me if CDPR intentionally leaked that they were planning on revealing 2077 soon, keeps the hype going after that nothing tweet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom