Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
aOkmtYX.png

Something is uncannily wrong in there.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
"They worshipped, so they said, the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men,
and who came to the young world out of the sky.
Those Old Ones were gone now, inside the earth and under the sea;
but their dead bodies had told their secrets in dreams to the first men,
who formed a cult which had never died."

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
...so Chef. Let's discuss this a bit.

>Your Capital is besieged by Ys.
>Mictlan nibbles your southern border.
>You took Cedarwood from me 5 turns ago, giving me all the time in the world to prepare due to your stales...
>Finally, you return at the helm of your nation and instead of sueing for peace to deal with the actual invaders you took another lousy province from me. At least this time it's part of a fortress ring.

First of all let me Press_F_to_pay_respects to you :salute: that takes balls.
Now prepare to be hit by

GAY_MAGIC.jpg

of the Heavy Duty kind...

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Anyway yeah, pretty much everyone is ganging up on poor Uruk taking his outlying stuff while I'm sieging his capitol. I think he's summoning goats inside, I assume for a final orgy. Not sure why he attacked me, Ulm is stronk early and his troops are decent blockers for his pretty good mages but can't compete with Ulmish infantry.

It might have had something to do with the Citadel of peace you erected on my southern border. Anyhow, I'm not one to hold a grudge. Let bygones be bygones, and welcome all to the hospitable land of Ur! Sorry to have kept you waiting, but the cultural exchange committee needed the extra turns to perfect their song, dance and lightshow routine.

hAlSHOJ.png

Please hold your current position for seating instructions and complementary drinks.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
These random events adding sites and PD are getting a little out of hand. Yes, that's 21 Eagle Warriors defending the library now. I also feel like I should get 2 for 1 barbarians now.

XR2T3Bx.jpg

dEAid3n.jpg

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Dafuq? I have a ton of fortune tellers able to predict bad events. I already had, 2 barbaric invasions (one scheduled for next turn), a local noble revolting and forming a 22 cavs strong indie, the Lich chain of events (the full one, in which you first kill a minion and then the Lich himself) AND a +7 PD on a useless province.

I'd take that 40 PD instead, thanks!

edit: Oh, and on turn 4 a pack of dogs took one of my cap ring provinces. Dogs.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Dafuq? I have a ton of fortune tellers able to predict bad events. I already had, 2 barbaric invasions (one scheduled for next turn), a local noble revolting and forming a 22 cavs strong indie, the Lich chain of events (the full one, in which you first kill a minion and then the Lich himself) AND a +7 PD on a useless province.

I'd take that 40 PD instead, thanks!

edit: Oh, and on turn 4 a pack of dogs took one of my cap ring provinces. Dogs.

Your mistake was not picking Misfortune2. :smug:

mondblut

Arcane
Dafuq? I have a ton of fortune tellers able to predict bad events. I already had, 2 barbaric invasions (one scheduled for next turn), a local noble revolting and forming a 22 cavs strong indie

The throne of War has been malfunctioning lately, sorry. No need to thank Ys for free hilarity, we are too busy taking the oceans from tritons for the second time in a year.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Goys, can I get 24h? Sorry. I don't think I have the time to prepare for Uruk's cultural exchange committee today.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is anyone in the mood to sub for me once or twice in this game? I won't be back at my personal computer until Monday afternoon. Otherwise just stale me, please.

Infinitum

Scholar
Aaaand the RNG allowed Ulm to safely move off my capital and smash the reinforcements. GG, I'll probably file a few more rounds for posterity but no way I can replace my combat losses with my surrounding provinces occupied. Any particular etiquette prior to going AI I should be aware of?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Aaaand the RNG allowed Ulm to safely move off my capital and smash the reinforcements. GG, I'll probably file a few more rounds for posterity but no way I can replace my combat losses with my surrounding provinces occupied. Any particular etiquette prior to going AI I should be aware of?

If it's hopeless, just alerting us that you are going AI is usually fine. If there's a chance at anything, finding a sub is preferable.

mondblut

Arcane
What's up with those funny ratings? It was a serious question! :negative:

It is the first time I am besieging another player's cap and even about to make him quit. This is stressful enough. Should I give a general run away order?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I suppose no one really knows... I think what you wrote is right, if a fortress is besieged you have no unit production.
It wouldn't be the first time Dom5 trolls me with slightly different mechanics though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom