Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Mercury Man - post-soviet cyberpunk isometric TB RPG

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

:russiastronk:

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I like that blade runner vibe it exudes, TBS happen to be my favorite genre with great games like XCOM, Jagged Alliance, to even fucking advance wars. It should be a good experience if its done well.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
What I'm getting in the "more like this" section can charitably be called interesting, to say the least; it includes hidden gems like "Maiden Quest" (a friendly reminder that this is sarcastic for all those who can't detect such stuff)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The game looks fun, probably more than their former game due to turn-based combat although I would have preferred if they had kept a parser-based dialog system.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Graphics guised as retro to justify their shitiness. A generic synthwave soundtrack. Game mechanics conveniently omitted, and a dark plot to for a mature audience. Man, am I stoked.

Suicidal

Arcane
This game is being made by a popular Russian Twitch streamer Ilya Maddyson whom I happen to occasionally watch. I don't think you should expect competent gameplay from it, just a lot of memes and jokes. In one of the streams he outright said that the game will have an intentionally boring section where you drive a taxi for two hours and even showed it on stream + forced grind and other troll stuff.

His previous game http://store.steampowered.com/app/513230/The_Underground_Man/ is basically one big joke that makes fun of you for playing it.

So sorry for killing whatever boners you may have had guys.

Poster above is completely right, this is a satirical meme game mascarading as a real game, kind of like Frog Fractions. A lot of Westerners and people unfamiliar with the Russian twitch scene purchase the game thinking it is something that it is not. It would be a borderline scam if steam refunds weren't a thing.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
This game is being made by a popular Russian Twitch streamer Ilya Maddyson whom I happen to occasionally watch. I don't think you should expect competent gameplay from it, just a lot of memes and jokes. In one of the streams he outright said that the game will have an intentionally boring section where you drive a taxi for two hours and even showed it on stream + forced grind and other troll stuff.

His previous game http://store.steampowered.com/app/513230/The_Underground_Man/ is basically one big joke that makes fun of you for playing it.

So sorry for killing whatever boners you may have had guys.
:shredder:

How come it looks so good? The guy actually invested all this time and energy for a shit meme mock game?

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
How come it looks so good? The guy actually incvesged all this time and energy for a shit meme mock game?

Well, at least he didn't invest time and energy in a Torment successor (for example) that was meant to be good, but then turned out to be the opposite. He seems to be achieving his goal, which is probably satisfying.

Suicidal

Arcane
How come it looks so good? The guy actually invested all this time and energy for a shit meme mock game?

IIRC he said that he wanted the game to look like some effort was put into it and have some sort of basic gameplay so that people wouldn't just immediately refund it like they did with Underground Man.

However the "baisc gameplay" he showed looked like complete ass - the aforementioned 2 hour taxi drive, simplistic move and shoot combat where the next level of enemies would be unbeatable unless you do all the sidequests to unlock the next level gun.

Not saying that the game is completely devoid of redeeming factors - maybe some people will appreciate the art or atmosphere or the writing and dialogue (although from what I've seen it is pretty heavy on the memes, in particularly obscure Russian memes and memes exclusive to his stream) and that would be enough. Just don't expect the game to be fun.

agris

Arcane
Patron
We need someone here to play it, it looks like too much work was involved with making it to be that shitty. 2nd and 3rd hand anecdotes are notoriously unreliable.

norolim

Arcane
So did any Codexer ever test this one? Judging from the latest trailer and Steam description, the game must have undergone a complete make over. It is no longer an RPG and definitely not a TB game.

Steam Description said:
The Mercury Man is an isometric game in the action genre with some adventure elements.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
He probably changed the combat in compliance to a video gaming meme.

Saduj

Arcane
This POS somehow has 517 mostly positive reviews on Steam. Negative reviews make it pretty clear the gameplay is shit though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom